MS Teams audio driver install issue

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

A couple users upgraded to Monterey and got a notice that updated audio drivers were available in Teams. In other Office testing, I grabbed the standalone Teams installer and noticed this when running:

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.20.50 AM.png

Has anyone gotten an updated Distribution file working after expanding/flattening the package? Alternatively, the command line to use with the installer would help too.

The audio driver is a separate package when I expand the main .pkg, but I'd like to avoid having separate packages in Jamf.

4 REPLIES 4

pete_c
Contributor III

I have not found it necessary to repackage Teams and have had no problems using the original MS .pkgs.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Just saw the notice in Teams when I tried to share my screen. Little annoying. 

I packaged the Audio Driver separately after installing the Teams and Audio Driver update locally. Going to test this, but users might get confused and when you click Update, nothing happens.

Let me know if Microsoft has a separate package available for the Audio Driver.

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 3.31.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 3.30.57 PM.png

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Check out the man page for the installer command in terminal. You can apply a custom choices xml that enables those optional installs. 

Check out this thread for more info.

CSCC-JS
Contributor III

An alternate would be to grab the signed / notarized audio driver pkg file and re-distribute it with the teams installer?

"/Applications/Microsoft\ Teams.app/Contents/SharedSupport/MSTeamsAudioDevice.pkg"

This is assuming it doesn't get installed with the native installer.