MyEclipse 2022

pcurtner
New Contributor II

Since I don't have a blog (yet) thought I'd share a working method.

Genuitec's MyEclipse IDE is a paid Java development tool that I was recently asked to deploy.  It is not available in any standard .PKG formats, though there is an additional tool (SDC) that can be used to both deploy and license the application.

The developers determined there was a bug in version 2022.1.0 which prevented successful unattended deployment on Arm64, and have recently released version 2022.1.0a which resolved this issue (though not silently).

On macOS Monterey 12.4, calling MyEclipse 2022.1.0a Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/standard-install triggered a Gatekeeper error on a test device set to allow MAS and identified developers.  On Big Sur 11.6.6 with the same Security payload delivered via configuration profile, a Gatekeeper warning was generated, but installation proceeding normally.

I converted the original .DMG to a read-write .sparsebundle and then ran xattr -dr on the standard-install binary, deployed that modified image and the accompanying unattended.txt, then ran the following script from a policy:

#!/bin/bash

# Check for existence of installer and unattended.txt files, run as current user

# variables

currentUser=$(/usr/bin/stat -f%Su "/dev/console")

# check for components

if [ ! -e /path/to/myeclipse-2022.1.0a-offline-installer-macosx.sparsebundle ]; then

echo "Installer not found, exiting.."
    exit 1

elif [ ! -e /path/to/unattended.txt ]; then

echo "Unattended file not found, exiting.."
    exit 1

fi

# mount up

/usr/bin/hdiutil mount -nobrowse -quiet /path/to/myeclipse-2022.1.0a-offline-installer-macosx.sparsebundle

sleep 5

# install (automatic but not silent)

/usr/bin/sudo -u $currentUser /Volumes/MyEclipse/MyEclipse\ 2022.1.0a\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/standard-install --unattended /path/to/unattended.txt

exit 0

Note that this tool also has some uncommon permissions; previous attempts to repackage the Install.app rather than deploy the image were unsuccessful.

Hope this helps.

0 REPLIES 0