Nudge help - Json

Captainamerica
Contributor II

So I have setup Nudge with Jamf and using the JSON shema, which is easy to setup settings etc with the pre-defined settings.

But when it comes to editing the text in the json, the changes I make in the json schema is not listed in the GUI on any device. I have tried to edit all fields possible in the "updateElements" section, but no changes takes effect. 

Any one succeeded with that ?

Captainamerica_0-1649420461957.png

So it just stays the same default view all the time

Captainamerica_0-1649420539225.png

2 REPLIES 2

steve_summers
Contributor III

Hey there @Captainamerica , over in the MacAdmins group in Slack, there is a Nudge channel where loads and loads of information is discussed.  I suggest trying to head over there if you can and reading through the problems other folks have had and how they've resolved them.  

I also use Nudge and love it.  I created my own little how-to document and after reviewing some of the presentations on it available out there on the webs, I kept this as a reference so I'd know what element to edit for whatever I was attempting to say:

steve_summers_0-1649425697282.png

Does this help at all? 

jclark27
New Contributor III

Hey there! 

Make sure you are setting your language to "en" or else you will not see changes. Check out the wiki and the first line here: https://github.com/macadmins/nudge/wiki/Common-Issues

Example: 

example2.png

Hope that helps! Also, +1 to the suggestion for joining the slack! Lots of good info over there!