Problems enrolling back in to Intune after Jamf enrollment

Soren
New Contributor

Hi

We are looking to move to Jamf but still needs Intune, recently i unenrolled my test mac's from Jamf to test something in Intune, but now Intune claims i need to use "another" MDM

Has anyone seen the attached "error" from company portal and perhaps even know how to do to fix it?

My mac is 

- Factory reset

- Delete in Jamf

- Deleted in AAD/Intune

Only thing missing i can some up with is that there is something in the Azure portal that is locking me.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 10.50.47.png

11 REPLIES 11

dolfhoegaerts
New Contributor III

This could be a conditional access rule. Can’t you check what is failing in the logs?

Check Apple Business Manager settings as well?

Soren
New Contributor

I think it is a conditional access rule, but i do not have access to the logs for that (in process of getting it)

And they are not part of ABM, although it could be cool if JamF could add them to ABM

dolfhoegaerts
New Contributor III

If M1 devices use apple configurator to add them to ABM 😉 

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

Try to exclude impacted users (that will enroll devices you want to manage in Intune and not in Jamf) from Intune - Tenant administration - Connectors and tokens - Partner device management.

the Jamf intune connecter caches the previous registred user/device information 

Vinu, for us in Intune under Partner device management - showing as connection lost. Is that mean connection terminated? and in Jamf on Conditional access window, the macOS intune integration got disabled too.

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Did you assign the machine(s) over to InTune in Apple Business/School Manager?

Yes we need to move the device to intune 

Soren
New Contributor

They are not in ABM atm

Soren
New Contributor

@vinu_thankachan

Vinu solution works as a round about but the "error" comes back if you remove them from the exclusion

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

Yes ,Sorry i also don't know how we can permanently clear the details from the Connectors and tokens.

sk25
Contributor

Guys, We are moving to Intune from Jamf due to less count of device. When we register the MacBook in company portal getting 'The device is not managed'. 

The device is in ABM but not assigned to Jamf pro server. We did not wipe the device. We just removed the Jamf profile from system preference, deleted certificate from Keychain. Also, we are having Azure AD so no device in Azure under user information. Kindly help. Thanks