Unable to convert in source

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Hello All,

Please help me to convert MS office package into source file by composer, all time it is getting failed, any reason to get failed and what is the resolution. I am using Jamf composer.

9 REPLIES 9

bwoods
Valued Contributor

Why are you converting the .pkg to source? You should be able to deploy it as is.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Technically it is not possible to convert the .pkg file?

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

The only reason you would want to convert a file to source is to modify the package. Microsoft signs their package, so you would break the signature. If you really need to do this, just install the package and repackage the stuff with your changes. I did this a lot when we did not use MAU, now we use MAU so I dont mess with it.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Thanks for all info. How can I use choices.xml file to deploy app in my own customised way? Any good link or idea?

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

What? the only time I have seen the choices.xml used is with AnyConnect. What are you trying to accomplish with MS Office?

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

It is for testing purpose. Ok I will check with Cisco AnyConnect package for the same.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

The custom.xml is a process that cisco has Made for AnyConnect, Microsoft does not have a competing solution.

You can get the individual Office Application installers from the link below and either deploy them individually or install and repackage the apps you need to deploy.

https://macadmins.software/

bwoods
Valued Contributor

You're better off creating a configuration profile to customize the app behavior.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info. Will try on that way.