10.10.3 Self Service install "cleaning up" forever

znilsson
Contributor II

OK probably not forever, but it's been around 45 minutes and counting now. Steps taken so far:

1. Policy to cache 10.10.3.combo updater (loaded into Casper Admin) to scoped machines, currently only scoped to two test machines - a 2010 Mac Pro and a Mac Mini. Caching the installer went fine.
  2. Policy to enable the 10.10.3 combo updater in Self Service scoped to smart group that identifies the cached 10.10.3 installer. So far so good, it only shows up in self service for my two test machines.
  3. Run installer from self service on both machines. The install policy is set for self service, but restart options have been set to "restart immediately" and it's set to Install Cached, not Install.

The Mini is on 10.10.1 and the Pro is on 10.10.0. Both run the installer, it goes through relatively quickly, then Self Service says "Cleaning up..." in the status bar and I get the moving barber pole progress bar... and that's it. So far. Just "Cleaning up..." for 45 mins now, on both Macs.

FWIW I'm on JSS 9.63, not sure if that's relevant. Any ideas why with the "cleaning up" for such a long time? I mean it's been long enough I'm pretty convinced it's stuck on something, as opposed to still working on cleaning up.

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

You might want to look at this thread: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=14066

scottb
Honored Contributor

See this:

10.10.3 Bug

*Edit - looks like I was beat to it...sorry.

znilsson
Contributor II

Thanks, sorry I missed that thread. That is exactly what I'm seeing.