10.13.1 and F5 VPN issues?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Friday I was trying to use VPN and it would act like it's going to connect, but after it accepted my passwords and 2 Factor Auth, it would disconnect and restart the whole process again.

I thought it was account lockouts, but then someone else asked me about it as well this morning. Anybody else give it a try?

6 REPLIES 6

sbirdsley
Contributor

What model system are effected? I know in my environment we had issues with the new TouchBar that required some configuration changes

See this article to rule out if related

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K05520115

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Yeah, I remember that, we've been running the updated version since they released it, and I used it on 10.13.0, this seems to be just since .1 came out.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

No issues here. I upgraded my touchbar MBP to 10.13.1 and my F5 VPN is working fine.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@alexjdale hmm what version are you using?

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Version 7110.2015.1207.1 at the moment. I'm about to start testing a new version for the VPN team and I hope it doesn't introduce these issues.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@alexjdale interesting, our 7110 version was the one affected by the 10.12.5 / Touch Bar mac issue. we upgraded to 7132.2017.0601.1 to solve for it, but that's the one that's causing issues now.
I can try rolling back to 7110 and see what happens.