Acrobat Provisioning Tool

Shane
New Contributor III

I am having issues with the Adobe Provisioning Tool for Acrobat X. I have followed the JAMF Guide to the T. Created the Package for Acrobat X, uploaded and configured it in the JSS. The installer works fine via a triggered every 5, Self Service etc. My problem appears to be with the Provisioning Tool. Here is the syntax of the required Shell Script:
#!/bin/sh
#
#
#Serialize Acrobat
"/Library/Application Support/JAMF/adobe_provisioning_tool.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_provisioning_tool" –C –a "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT/AMT" –s XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#
#Suppress EULA
"/Library/Application Support/JAMF/adobe_provisioning_tool.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_provisioning_tool" –S –a "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT/AMT"
#
#Suppress Adobe ID Dialog
"/Library/Application Support/JAMF/adobe_provisioning_tool.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_provisioning_tool" –R –a "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT/AMT"

When I create the policy to install the Provisioning Tool and run the Script I get NO errors. However, when I test Acrobat Pro afterwards it is still unlicensed. Below is the Log FIle from the Test Client:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.52
Executing Policy Install Adobe Provisioning...
Mounting afp://X.X.X.X/CasperShare to /Volumes/CasperShare...
Installing Adobe Provisioning...
Closing package...
Running Script AcrobatX.sh...
Script Exit Code:0
Script Result: Copyright 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated
All rights reserved.

adobe_provisioning_tool version: 1.0 Release (1.2.0.13,1.0)

usage: adobe_provisioning_tool -C -a <AMT folder path> -s <Serial Number> This is to validate the serial number against the application.sif file. The caller is expected to pass the clear serial number w/o any dashes ('-'). The AMT folder path should contain the following files. a) application.xml
b) application.sif
c) SLConfig.xml
d) aul.xml

adobe_provisioning_tool -V -p <payload code> -s <Serial Number> -g <logfile path> This is to validate the serial number against the application.sif file. The caller is expected to pass the clear serial number.

adobe_provisioning_tool -E -e <LEID> -l <locale> This is to set the EULA Acceptance flags in the cache.db (Cache PCD).

adobe_provisioning_tool -S -a <XML file path> This is to set the EULA Suppression flag in the pcd.db (Master PCD). You need to run this tool in 'sudo' mode.

adobe_provisioning_tool -R -a <XML file path> This is used to suppress Registration and extended profile creation nags. You need admin privileges to run this option.

adobe_provisioning_tool -M -a <XML file path> This is used to suppress Updates by setting Suppression Flag in the pcd.db This option suppresses updates for Driver payload as well as App payload. You need admin privileges to run this option.

This tool should be run only after App. installation.

Status=0

Copyright 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated
All rights reserved.

usage: adobe_provisioning_tool -C -a <AMT folder path> -s <Serial Number> This is to validate the serial number against the application.sif file. The caller is expected to pass the clear serial number w/o any dashes ('-'). The AMT folder path should contain the following files. a) application.xml
b) application.sif
c) SLConfig.xml
d) aul.xml

adobe_provisioning_tool -V -p <payload code> -s <Serial Number> -g <logfile path> This is to validate the serial number against the application.sif file. The caller is expected to pass the clear serial number.

adobe_provisioning_tool -E -e <LEID> -l <locale> This is to set the EULA Acceptance flags in the cache.db (Cache PCD).

adobe_provisioning_tool -S -a <XML file path> This is to set the EULA Suppression flag in the pcd.db (Master PCD). You need to run this tool in 'sudo' mode.

adobe_provisioning_tool -R -a <XML file path> This is used to suppress Registration and extended profile creation nags. You need admin privileges to run this option.

adobe_provisioning_tool -M -a <XML file path> This is used to suppress Updates by setting Suppression Flag in the pcd.db This option suppresses updates for Driver payload as well as App payload. You need admin privileges to run this option.

Status=0

Copyright 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated
All rights reserved.

b) application.sif
c) SLConfig.xml
d) aul.xml

Status=0

Unmounting file server...
Running Recon...
Gathering Application Usage Information...
Finding Extension Attributes...

So it appears that everything is running Ok other then the intended results are not invoked.

Thank you in advance for help,
shane

5 REPLIES 5

talkingmoose

Some folks overlook this line: "The caller is expected to pass the clear serial number w/o any dashes ('-')."

Have you made sure you're entering your serial number without the dashes?

Shane
New Contributor III

No Dashes, just the 24 digit serial.
Shane

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did you find a resolution to this?

Shane
New Contributor III

I never did get this working right. Shortly after posting, we moved to the Full CS6 suite which included Acrobat Pro. I used AAMEE to create the installer and Serialization. I may have to re-address this soon though for non-CS6 users.

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Shane. For anybody out there in my scenario where we aren't ready to upgrade, I can confirm this script (cited at bottom) from GitHub worked for me.

I modified it for use with Casper, so please feel free to copy:

#!/bin/bash

# Insert your serial number in this function (after the -s)
serializeAcrobat()
{
    "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/adobe_provisioning_tool.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_provisioning_tool" -C -a "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT/AMT" -s 123456789123456789123456
    if (test $? = 0) then
        echo "Acrobat X serialized."
    else
        echo "ERROR: Acrobat X serialization failed."
    fi
}

suppressAcrobatEULA()    
{
    "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/adobe_provisioning_tool.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_provisioning_tool" -S -a "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT/AMT"
    if (test $? = 0) then
        echo "Acrobat X EULA suppressed."
    else
        echo "ERROR: Acrobat X EULA suppression failed."
    fi
}

suppressAdobeIDDialog()    
{
    "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/adobe_provisioning_tool.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_provisioning_tool" -R -a "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat 10 AMT/AMT"
    if (test $? = 0) then
        echo "Acrobat X Adobe ID suppressed."
    else
        echo "ERROR: Acrobat X Adobe ID suppression failed."
    fi
}

serializeAcrobat
suppressAcrobatEULA
suppressAdobeIDDialog

exit 0

Source:
https://github.com/natewalck/LuggagePackages/blob/master/SerializeAcrobatXPro/postflight