Allow Traps Cortex XDR notification

erwinm
New Contributor II

Does anybody know how to surpress/bypass this notification after the installation finished? It's only occurs with Catalina built.

9638f1255cb447fa95d19fab7b1dea29

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

erwinm
New Contributor II

@stevewood , thanks. I'm using https://github.com/Jamf-Custom-Profile-Schemas/jamf-manifests/blob/master/macOS%20Notifications%20(com.apple.notificationsettings).json

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@erwinm

You'll need a notification approval config profile:

Automatically allowing app notifications in macOS 10.15 Catalina

erwinm
New Contributor II

@stevewood , thanks. I'm using https://github.com/Jamf-Custom-Profile-Schemas/jamf-manifests/blob/master/macOS%20Notifications%20(com.apple.notificationsettings).json

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@erwinm

Ok, so you have the JSON schema loaded to be able to create a profile for that app. Did you create a profile specifically for that app? I tend to do these as "one per app" so that if I need to change something I only have to affect that one profile/app.

erwinm
New Contributor II

@stevewood , yes I created Configuration Profile for it. I'm doing the same thimg, 1 profile per app. Thx.

sharif_khan
Contributor II

I think Cortex has a very good documentation for deploy via JAMF. All you need to upload Unified Configuration profile for Cortex for M1 and No M1. and deploy Cortex (installer in .zip folder) via JAMF. Remember you need to upload .zip folder to Jamf Admin (talking about Jamf Pro) don't know about Jamf Connect but believe that should work too. And deploy to the endpoint should work. This process was working for me till Cortex 7.6.2 but for this new version 7.7.2 it is not working for some reason. I had to stop the cortex service with command: sudo "/Library/Application Support/PaloAltoNetworks/Traps/bin/cytool" runtime stop all and you need to use your cortex password.