Anyone interested in a NYC Metro area JAMF User Group?

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

After seeing some great success stories with other JUGs around the country, i'd like to gauge interest in creating a NYC metro area group for our NY/NJ/CT admins to get together, talk shop, and trade ideas on how to make your support environment even better.

Let me know what you think, MM

24 REPLIES 24

HCSTech
Contributor
Contributor

We are in... I can even provide a location...
Unless we can get the NYC JAMF Office ;-)

Craig Cohen

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Depending on date and time, my team should be able to make it into the city for a meet up.

Alternatively, we have the space and the resources for a meet up in Montclair, NJ if all you NYC folks decide to brave suburbia for an evening.

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

I would certainly be interested in a NYC JAMF User group.

p644a1
New Contributor

I would be interested in a NYC JAMF user group

perrycj
Contributor III

Yes, I would also be interesting in a NYC JAMF meet up group.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

With this potentially being the first one out the gate, I'd say that meeting in Manhattan would be best for this time out, and JAMF has graciously said we can use the NYC office on Feb 18th in the afternoon if anyone is interested. JAMF is hosting an event earlier in the day, and some SE's will be onsite, so Its a good opportunity to meet some of the JAMFs and maybe have them join in in our discussions.

I'd like to get a topic list together so we can do some homework and put together our heads on issues, and pull out some cool Casper Tricks we have all learned.

Generally speaking, would an afternoon get together work, lets say 3:30-4pm start? Meet for a few hours and still allow those at the mercy of public transportation time to get home afterwards without having to wait hours between busses or trains.

If all goes well, we can bring the show on the road :)

I attended a roundtable at the JAMF office last year, and it can hold about 30 folks. If the 18th is good, please reply on thread and i'll see if we can organize a formal invite.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

and i won't hit Post 2x this time :)

ShaunRMiller83
Contributor III

18th in NYC works for me.

shakim
New Contributor III

Count me in...

RaulSantos
Contributor

Am in.

lisacherie
Contributor II

+Me after work would be good.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

http:///jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=10494915575

I set up a group, please let me know if anyone has any issues accessing.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Good response so far, looking forward to meeting you all.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Wish I had time to get into the city to join you all,

Anyone interested in setting one up for Central New Jersey?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

All,

response has been great so far, and we have about 10 seats left for this venue, so if you are on the fence about coming, now is the time to reserve a spot.

Gabe,

That could be a possibility as i work primarily out of my South Brunswick/Princeton office most of the time, and i know of a few other folks in the area along the Rt 1 corridor that may be interested.

Jersey represent!

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Everyone, thanks for the interest.

We are at maximum capacity for this meeting, which is really great. We can discuss a bigger venue for the next meeting.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Woah registration at capacity, how great is that. Nice work getting it together. I was on the fence, thinking about coming up from Phily, just couldn't pull the trigger this time.

Olson
New Contributor III

Dang... I wish there were a few more seats.

lisacherie
Contributor II

Sorry i'm not well today :( Hope to be at the next one.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Great turnout last night, and we are planning to do it again in April. Watch this space and spread the word….

Thanks to all, and i think we got off to a great start. looking forward to the next one.

Word has it we may have access to a larger venue for the next one. feel free to reach out if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or questions.

--M

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Great turnout last night, and we are planning to do it again in April. Watch this space and spread the word….

Thanks to all, and i think we got off to a great start. looking forward to the next one.

Word has it we may have access to a larger venue for the next one. feel free to reach out if anyone has any ideas, suggestions or questions.

--M

kjacks
New Contributor

How many people were there? I wasn't able to make it and would like to attend the next one. My office may be able to host depending on the date and number.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

we had 31 seats allocated, about 22 showed up. Any more at the JAMF office it would be too tight. We may have use of a much larger "neutral" ground owned by a large produce named company, but i'm awaiting confirmation if we can use it.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Here's some of the stuff that we discussed at the NYC User Group meeting. Planning on an April date for the next one.

Rich Trouton’s blog - /url">@rtrouton][/url - we all owe you a few adult beverages of your choice and thank you for your blog! Most of us are DOD (Disciples of DerFlounder). [http://derflounder.wordpress.com/

JAMF Nation User Conference:
Getting Users to do your job (without them knowing it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlWdrRc1rY&list=PLlxHm_Px-Ie01lK6FgfdXhk-YuByY6X27&index=14

Includes details on the “make me admin” Self Service item for temporary admin access. Rest of the JNUC Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlxHm_Px-Ie01lK6FgfdXhk-YuByY6X27

Bryson Tyrrell’s blog (JAMF IT Casper Admin, wrote the using Box as DP article)
http://bryson3gps.wordpress.com/

for those that attended, is there anything additional you would like to see from the next event?

we kept it pretty freeform this time out, and let the discussion flow, but based on some responses, we may have some more formalized elements as well. A few of you have reached out to me to present, and i'd love that… the whole idea is to share what we do.