App Assignment Changes

riannelli
New Contributor

I am new to JAMF and am setting things up. I have been working on app assignments and am about half way through when I was sent a change of classrooms for the coming year. So I have scoped apps by smart group set to building and room.

Is there a quick way to see what apps are assigned to a particular smart group so that I know which apps I need to go into to make the change or is there a more efficient way than that?

Ex: teacher in building GES room 133 in now in room 132 and teacher in room 132 is now in 133. Both users have requested a different set of apps. I have apps pushing automatically.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Tracie

5 REPLIES 5

Krbonus
Contributor

If you go to mobile device apps tab under Devices and use the search function for that specific smart group, I think it should show all the apps scoped out to that smart group.

I learned that the search function isn't only for searching apps but it's a filter for everything under Mobile Device Apps.

riannelli
New Contributor

Fabulous thank you!

Tracie

mmcallister
Contributor II

@Krbonus That isn't working for me in Jamf Pro 10.10.1. Is that a new feature?

Krbonus
Contributor

@mmcallister I'm not sure.. We currently have 10.13.0.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I was really excited until I tested - it only works if it can find that scope name listed in the results of the web page. If it instead says '2 Mobile Device groups' then you don't get search results for the individual smart groups.