Apple Configurator 1.3 Crashing

Vigeland
New Contributor

Trying to rename student iPads and installing JSS enrollment profile using Configurator 1.3 (just updated to that a week ago...big mistake!). OS on the server is 10.7.5. It is constantly crashing for me. Something that usually takes 5 minutes has taken me days. I'm running out of time quickly here with summer half over. Googled it, and it sounds like I'm not the only one having this problem. Do I upgrade to 10.8, or do I wait for Apple to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

Like stated above, this seems to only happen on Lion (10.7.x). An update to Mountain Lion (10.8.x(4)) seems to repair the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bajones
Contributor II

I would guess from http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4613 that they're not planning on fixing the issue and that they expect you to upgrade your configurator machine.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Ran into this myself 2 days ago. Update to 10.8.4, problem solved.

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

Like stated above, this seems to only happen on Lion (10.7.x). An update to Mountain Lion (10.8.x(4)) seems to repair the issue.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

FYI: Apple Configurator 1.3.1
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Apple Configurator 1.3.1 improves stability on OS X Lion and allows a single configuration profile to be installed on all unsupervised devices in Prepare.