Apple's New iOS 7 and Mavericks OTA MDM Enrollment Changes

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

Looking to see if JAMF intends to incorporate any of the new and coming changes to allow OTA MDM enrollment. Please point me to a different thread that is already open if I missed it :)

8 REPLIES 8

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I'm sure they will, however, considering they (and anyone who has access to iOS 7 and/or OS X Mavericks) are under NDA, they probably won't say anything until they both ship.

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

What I thought as well, however my own Apple SE (at a roundtable event) mentioned we should ask yesterday. He said that the release of MDM API Framework to the major MDM vendors (like JAMF) is no secret, and question should be able to be answered on at least a simple basis. I guess we will see... :)

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

Double Post Deleted.

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

That makes it a good question to ask your account manager about. Folks in JAMF Nation either are a) ADC members covered by NDA agreements or b) not ADC members and (theoretically) don't have access to that information.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Again, I'm sure that JAMF will support these changes... but their primary focus is getting Casper 9 out the door. My guess is some "point" version of 9 will support them. This is a really good reason why anyone/everyone should be planning to attend JNUC as I'm sure there will be coverage of this somewhere there...

Sean_M_Harper
Contributor

I am sure this will come up several times at #JNUC 2013. I am excited for this years convention for several reasons, not even including this subject :)

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

....mmm...bacon...

--
https://donmontalvo.com

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Mavericks, iOS7 & Casper 9 sold JNUC2013 to my bosses