Apple Schoolwork classes and assignments disappear

waynehsmith
New Contributor

Our district decided to use Schoolwork as our infrastructure this year. Now we’ve discovered that classes and/or assignments may appear on an iPad today and be gone tomorrow! And, it’s not all or nothing — a student who has 10 classes may see them all today and only see 3 tomorrow. I’ve found that signing out of iCloud and back in will fix the problem. A teacher can do that easily, however we don’t allow the students to sign out. To fix the students, we’ve been resetting their iPads. That’s a huge amount of trouble and I believe the problem can recur. We have around 1,000 iPads and have probably reset 150 in the last couple of days.
I created a case with Apple on 8/27 and it hasn’t reached the top of their queue yet. I’ve googled it and can’t find anything. I can’t believe we’re the only ones this is happening to. Has anyone else seen this?

2 REPLIES 2

SteveC
New Contributor III

Hi Wayne, this has been happening to us too, especially when it was first rolled out. We are using the same workaround as you, signing out/back in. I haven't heard about this issue lately but that may just be because the teachers are all accustomed to the workaround now. Let us know what apple say when they get back to you.

waynehsmith
New Contributor

One of the higher ups at Apple saw my post on their forum and assigned an engineer in the Schoolwork department to work with me directly. He had us install some logging software on the iPads and send him some logs when the events happened. They worked on it for a while and then let us know that they had implemented a solution. The problem went away for about a month and then slowly started creeping up again. I let Apple know, but we've gone back to resetting the iPads. It's much less widespread than originally, but still a pain. Apple is pinning their hopes on the latest release of Schoolwork, which is 2.1.1.