assign a computer to prestage enrollment that is already in use

jcaiii
New Contributor II

What happens if a computer is in use by a person, and you add the computer to a prestage enrollment group?

aka they are actually working on the computer, BEFORE it is added to the prestage enrollment group

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jcaiii Nothing happens until the Mac is re-imaged and goes back through the Setup Assistant process

EDIT: That is nothing happens unless you have a Policy triggered by a Mac being in a PreStage Enrollment and that Policy now comes in to scope for the Mac

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jcaiii Nothing happens until the Mac is re-imaged and goes back through the Setup Assistant process

EDIT: That is nothing happens unless you have a Policy triggered by a Mac being in a PreStage Enrollment and that Policy now comes in to scope for the Mac

jcaiii
New Contributor II

@sdagley I thought that was the case but was not sure. Thank you very much

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

Be aware that users will eventually start getting the Device Enrollment Nag.

e28072f354454af281009dd041e422f0

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@ddcdennisb I believe that's only triggered if the device didn't get past the Device Enrollment page during Setup Assistant, or didn't have Internet access when Setup Assistant was initially run. When we turned on Device Enrollment and added every already deployed Mac in our environment to a PreStage Enrollment they did not get that prompt.

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

i did the same and a couple months in, our users were starting to get prompted.