autologin and adobeinstall user

rmanly
Contributor III

I accidentally created a new base image with autologin enabled for a local admin account.

My first thought to rectify this issue was to craft a script that merely did this:

defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow autoLoginUser

I wondered how that would impact the adobeinstall boot at imaging time process. I checked into the FirstRun.sh script and took a peek at "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist" while NetBooted and found that the autoLoginUser key is indeed set to adobeinstall so that wouldn't work.

I think I will just Restore a machine quickly with Disk Utility, fix the login settings, and create a new base but my question is this...

How is autoLoginUser changing from adobeinstall at first boot back to the local admin account after the post-imaging installations are complete? I do not see anywhere in the scripts where a backup copy of com.apple.loginwidow.plist is being made or where PlistBuddy is scripted to change the value or something. How is this done? Am I missing something obvious?

Very curious about this right now.

1 REPLY 1

Kev
New Contributor III

Ryan- Did you ever get a response to this or find a solution? My scenario is different but prompts the same general question.

In my scenario, I am laying down a user on all of our student machines in our Lower School and that user must be the "auotLoginUser". However, I cannot complete this at imaging time due to the fact that the com.apple.loginwindow.plist is getting clobbered after my .pkg is installed, presumably by the adobe install.

I can run a policy after the fact that runs the command to set the autoLoginUser again, or simply installs the .pkg, but I would like to have this all set at completion of the imaging process.

Let me know.

Thanks!