Automated Script for Signing PKGs

Ecco_Luke
Contributor II

Hi,

I built and tested a script that takes the labour out of signing PKGs (required for things like auto-mounting network shares via a script and partner LaunchAgent, amongst other things). I call it 'ASP' (Auto-Sign Packages). The dream is to get a GUI on it and make it into a little app, but for today it's a Bash script.

I know some people have added scripts to Jamf Nation but I can't see how to do this; presumably they need to be vetted and then someone at Jamf 'promotes' them to the Scripts section?

In any case, I'd be very happy to share this script in a reply to this post if anyone would like to try it? We've used it successfully here a few times but of course it needs variables settings for your particular set-up. This is commented where required, as well as the parts to leave alone.

5 REPLIES 5

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Do you have a github to host it on? If so, that may be a good place to put it. If you don't have one yet, please feel free to post it here. I can only speak for myself, but I'd like to see it. I may even have some suggestions for turning it into an app, but it depends on what it all does and such.

Ecco_Luke
Contributor II

@mm2270 I do actually, good shout. I can then share the link here. I'll get onto it when I get home 😊

@Ecco_Luke Hi, can you share the GitHub link? I would like to test it.

Hi 😊 Leave it with me and I'll get it uploaded then let you know. Do you have Apple Developer Certificates? You will need them for this to work, and that means being a paid member of their Developer Programme (about £100/year or thereabouts). 

You can find it available here - first time posting on GitHub. Let me know how it goes and, as always, please test before you come to rely on it in a production setting. I have a few more that I'll add over time, kind of as and when I have something to contribute that I've tested as much as I can in my environment.