Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple DEP pre-stage awakens out of nowhere

We have two ways we put an OS on a Mac. If the computer arrives in a box, we are part of Apple DEP so computer should automatically be configured during setup. We use a bunch of thin imaging scripts to do this. If the computer is being re-imaged, we ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to create Smart group based on Extension Attribute

I have an extension attribute that displays the installed Microsoft Office Version in the form of 1442, 1448 (office 2011) or 1236 (office 2008). So the version # is displayed with not dots in between numbers. How would i use this value in a smart gr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

sMIME cert implementation

Were looking at deploying sMIME certs to our users for secure email. For PC's we have a utility that sends a request to the certificate authority and gets a cert back. I've been trying to mimic this on the Mac like we've done with the VPN Cert. I cre...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timemachine

Does any god have good IdeaI gonna set timemachine in our company by casper manager profile (around 100 users)And the data store in afp://server-mp/backups and the server-mp installed server.app now my question.DOES ANY PEOPLE have good idea how to a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper - Software Installation Fails

I'm attempting to install Identity Finder 8.0 via Casper, but the software package is failing to install. The following is what I see in the logs for the policy: Executing Policy Push Install Identity Finder 8.0...Mounting casper.contoso.com to /Volu...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad inventory

We have our mobile inventory collection set to daily. Can someone tell me if inventory is collected on an iPad even when the screen is off or does it wait for a user to begin using the device? I'm wanting to see if there is a way to look at inventory...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX 10.10.3 Supplemental Update

new update out. Approximately one week after releasing OS X 10.10.3 to the public, Apple has released an OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update to fix a startup issue related to video drivers. The update is available on the Mac App Store in the So...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

duplicate computer records in the JSS

Anyone else seeing duplicate computer records? Still on 9.62 here.. Doing some spring cleaning of the inventory before renewal. This is how I found them, some of them appeared to be recent additions. select serial_number, count(*) as count from compu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

10.10.3 netboot issues, going crazy

Hi guys, I need some new ideas because I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what. I haven't used netboot for a couple years because with the few Macs that we have there is no real need for it. But there might be more Macs coming so...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why cant I assign packages and scripts to a site?

I was surprised to see that you can not assign packages or scripts to a site. That means any one logged into JAMF has access to these. I would like to lock pkgs and scripts down to only departments that need them, like we do with iOS and Mac store ap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

BootCamp Macs losing Management State

I have several Mac Minis set up with BootCamp. About half of them are showing up unmanaged in the JSS. When I logged into one on the Mac side, I was able to download a new Quick Add package and re-enroll the device. Just wondering if being booted mos...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus invalid certificate after SHA-2 re-key

We updated our wildcard certificate from SHA1 to SHA2 yesterday due to Chrome 42's shunning of SHA1 certificates and imported the new cert into our JSS. Now, Casper Focus gives us an error that the cert is in valid, even though the web interface is h...  View more

5f93ec936813462eafb243788f265a01
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.7 reporting 10.10.3 as 10.10.2

I recently upgraded to 9.7, and have started to upgrade 1 or 2 iMac's - for some reason the upgrade has completed, by the upgraded is being reported to the JSS. ARD shows 10.10.3, but the JSS doesn't. Anyone else seeing this? I half remember seeing t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AnyConnect config profile

I'm gearing up to deploy AnyConnect and was figuring I'd have to push out a custom .xml profile with our server info. But, I just stumbled across the AnyConnect configuration options in the VPN Configuration Profiles. Of course I'll test, but is that...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

time issues

We have our internal time server that the macs are all set to use, but it seems like even though they are set to use it, the time is still getting a skewed. If we go back into the time/date settings and let it sit there, it will eventually re-sync it...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacons...BYOD Macbooks

Hi Nation;followed twocanoes post for iBeacon printing and it works great. I'm now looking to see if anyone is using it with BYOD Macbooks. We are looking to set up a printer and have it installed via iBeacons to students Macbooks. Is any one doing t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Backup Location on OSX

Greetings all. Wondering if anyone would have any insight as to ways to remotely monitor, via the JSS, the OS X iOS Backup Location, typically found here -> /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.We have quite a few laptops whose hard drives ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot issue

Hi I am trying to get Netboot to work with no avail.I have a netboot and SUS server running on a Unbuntu linux box with a .nbi folder uploaded created with Casper Netinstall creator.I have the DHCP helper pointing to the netboot server configured on ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selecting multiple files in Composer package

Trying to select files in a package within Composer has long been a problem for me, in that multiple selections do not behave like they do in the Finder. Command or Shift clicking files to make multiple selections does not work, and so for example I ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unsupervised or Supervised iOS.

Ideally I want to be able to use Activation Lock Bypass as we often get iPhones returned from staff after they have left the building and are Activation Locked. However, to achieve this I would need to Supervise devices in Configurator. This poses a ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin "migrate" fails

I've read a few discussions of the pros/cons of migrating packages and scripts in Casper Admin after a v8 to v9 upgrade, but I've seen nothing yet where migration itself failed. Has anyone had to deal with this? JAMF support remains a bit stumped at ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Retrieve System Logs

What methods are people using to get logs off of users systems? For example, a user will call in saying they have some issue with their system. We'll generally then take a look at system.log, install.log, jamf.log, etc. by remoting into their system,...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hyperlink in email

Does anyone have any idea on how to insert a hyperlink into the email functionality in Casper? I need to have mailto: links inserted into my email that people are getting. Thank you.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Bonjour in Yosemite

Currently i'm unaware of a way to do this for Yosemite, so i'm hoping someone else has discovered a way. This article effectively summarizes the situation:https://gist.github.com/steakknife/b8e9c37d287f8b7d70ee mDNSResponder is now gone in Yosemite, ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors