Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

importCACert.sh

If I run the [https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?id=135&fid=459] script on most of my Macs, it seems to work fine. However, on some Macs, I get this error: Script result: Importing CA Cert...WARNINGThe keychain you are accessing...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

authenticated restart not working

I am trying to get my machines to restart back into 10.10 but the authenticated restart does not seem to be working. I have the option selected to "Perform authenticated restart on computers with FileVault 2 enabled" but when my policy restarts the c...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Server settings stuck.

Hey all, so we recently moved away from a pair of Reposado servers to point our clients back out to Apple for their Software Update needs. I have a client that is stuck with the old setting and I can't get it to check Apple SUS. So the preferences fo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite imaging issue- Management account

So I'm working up a thin imaging configuration for 10.10. We use TMI.The JSS and Imaging are 9.65 We set up a new configuration with our management account w/ the create account if it does not exist/hide/allow ssh options on. We add our base set of a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error updating the database schema

Doing a dry run in the lab, I installed 9.65 and restored our 8.73 database. Not too surprisingly at first launch of the web interface I'm getting a Startup Suspended, error updating the database schema. Being 24 updates behind, should I consider an ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating and Deploying a custom Sudoers file

Hey J-Nation! I've been given a requirement by our security department to deploy a custom /etc/sudoers file. They've given me very specific requirements for creating it, and if I was just doing this on my Mac I'd be comfortable with it. Since that's ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging ver 9.6x and Yosemite

Is anyone else having this issue? I have been testing using Casper Imaging to install OS X Yosemite in our test environment. It works without much issue if the host is already OS X 10.10, but seems to fail if it's 10.9? Not sure if it's something in ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Authentication Through Wireless

As a new institution to the JAMF Casper Suite I would like to enable machine log on through wireless to Macs that are bound to the domain. The goal is to try to mirror the wireless log on that is achieved on the Windows side by specifying through Gro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Agent Managed/Unmanged Extension

Has anyone created an extension attribute to see if the McAfee Agent is managed or unmanaged? Originally i had made one looking at /Library/McAfee/cma/scratch/etc/log since it usually lists if the agent is managed or unmanaged there. But that log rot...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos issues with bluecoat proxy

I'm new to JSS and currently running v9.63. We have bluecoat proxies which run on version 6.2.15. When I look into the ticketviewer I see that there is a valid kerberos ticket. I am able to use SMB with SSO. As soon as I login I see a proxy authentic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resore Previous APNS Certificate?

I have put in a support ticket for this as well but just in case the community can answer before they can get to it, I'll post the same question here. Back in January we were troubleshooting an issue where Casper wasn't communicating with Apple's DEP...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 3.0.2 Imaging Issue

Good Morning, I upgraded my Netsus Appliance from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 on Friday. After the upgrade, I uploaded my netboot image to the server and immediately started noticing a major issue. Under 3.0.1 I had a AutoCasperNBI image built under 10.10.1 runni...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smartgroup report for remote locked computer

One of our employee's Mac was stolen last week. We sent a remote lock command to the Mac after the employee reported this case to us. However the status of the lock command sent is still 'pending' after a week. The Mac could be reimaged before we sen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Account Clarification

Is it realistic to expect all devices are have the same management account? We're just setting up our JSS, imaging workflow and Policies and i've found 4 ways where the Management account can vary: -QuickAdd - creates a specified management account-R...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile no Log information ??

I created a configuration profile for the Energy Saver, setting desktop/laptops computer sleep and display sleep at certain time intervals, along with put hard disk to sleep etc... now that the policy is set, I do not see a LOG tab to show me the com...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Recovery HDs for different OS versions

I've looked through the Admin guide and the discussions but I can't seem to find an answer to this problem. We currently have all our machines imaged with 10.9 and they all require FileVault so a Recovery HD is in place to be included for imaging. I ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show off you extension attributes

I while back I put a post about showing off you Self Service. link This was great in the sense of giving the community ideas on how to use self service. After reading Shea Craig's article How We Are Removing Adware Am wondering how are you extending ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving JSS to Windows Server 2012

Hello JAMF! At the moment we have about five devices in our JSS, before we get to big we would like to move the JSS to Server 2012. The part I'm slightly confused about: Our current URL is https://jss.domain.more:8443. Can I install the JSS on Window...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Radius User Authentication and Login PW Change

We are deploying a WPA2 Enterprise Radius network , authentication is with users AD credentials. I've used a configuration profile for a login window network. It works great for users to log into a computer for the first time, authenticates the netwo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS AD Group Membership Import From AD

Ok, for a while now I wanted to be able to scope policies based on AD Group membership. While building out policies I noticed, this can only be done during login/logout. Finding this out was kinda frustrating, so I decided I was going to come up with...  View more

67cb9e9fef0744398f414e0daf73ceb1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users Tab vs LDAP Conflicts

I'm having multiple issues where the information on a user in the Users tab is conflicting with information in our LDAP environment, and I can't seem to get it to update. This is making issues with machine assignment and updates. Example 1: One of ou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Enrollment Issue

Hi, When I am trying to install JDS I am getting the error as error :(35) - SSL peer handshake failed, the server most likely requires a client certificate to connect, plz help on this issue, Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD sync with icloud

ok, i have a projecto for the nation. unless someone has already figured it out. my goal is to have Apple Remote Desktop sync with all of my machines via some syncing service like iCloud, google drive, or dropbox. script, app, snake oil and voodoo po...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Enrollment: User Restrictions

Is there a method to disable/restrict a user's account from being able to run the enrollment process and limit that to only appropriate managing administrator for the JSS? Or can a policy be created for this? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors