Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Adobe Suite Cache

We have made one package in Casper Admin per Adobe package. After Cache and Install Cache we noticed the following folders inside Applications. Adobe --> Adobe Patch Files And the above folder contains lots of zip files. Are they going to go away? It...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to Restrict Firefox

Hi All,We have a filtering policy at school & student can take laptops home. Firefox is not installed on the computer,as it can be set to bypass system proxy settings. The Restrict Application works fine but.... if the app is copied to the users home...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

stuffit uninstall script?

anybody got a stuffit uninstall script handy? The vendor has an app, but requires user intervention, the manual instructions seem to have a lot of stuff in the user folders scattered throughout the system.Vendor Instructions  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO: Okta vs Centrify

My company is considering an SSO solution and they've been looking at Okta. I've been urging them to consider Centrify since it seems to offer similar SSO services but also has some support built into JSS for AD binding. Anyone use either of these fo...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Login - Yosemite

When I enable Remote Login for my Macs, on every successive restart it gets shut off and I do NOT know why. Has anyone else had this issue?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

remove/delete computer from smart group

How can i remove/delete a computer from a smart group? this computer had a policy cached, was populated in a smart group, then via self service installed the cached application. the computer has been removed from the policy that caches, but the smart...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome start screens for new user

Hello all, I am looking to remove the to startup screens Chrome shows when a user first launches the application. The "set google chrome as your default browser" and "set auto updates to run". I just want the users to get a default web page when they...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Globalsign SSL certificates with JSS

We were attracted to Globalsign's inexpensive wildcard certificates, fully aware that there would be zero frills. We are running JSS 9.65 under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. After creating a new Tomcat keystore, generating the CSR, and being issued the certifica...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSIS ETL from Rest framework

Hi All, Need to drag data from Casper into a BI originally created for SCCM. Need to load BI with SSIS with large amounts of Casper data. Prefer database to database exchange or simple extract to CSV. Looking at the REST API and not seeing SSIS compa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging in Target Mode

Hi everyone, Our JSS version is 9.65 and I am using Casper Imaging version 9.65 on a Yosemite (10.2) Macbook Pro. I am currently baffled because every time I reimage another Macs using Casper Imaging connected via Firewire/Thunderbolt cable then I wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASUS Appliance not enabling updates

Hello all. I am having a very strange issue with the JAMF ASUS appliance. When I enable an update (check the box) and click on apply, after a brief refresh period the branch re-loads and does not have the updates I selected marked any longer. I have ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels Desktop 10 Policy For Software Updates

We have a few machines running Parallels Desktop 10 (not enterprise edition) that I would like to push out updates from Casper. These users do not have administrative rights so they can't run updates on their own. I see Parallels has pd-autodeploy.zi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with script to delete "Local Items" keychain

Our users frequently encounter an issue where at login, they are repeatedly asked for the "Local Items" keychain password. Apple details the problem and solution here, which works well , but I would love to script it and make it a Self Service or pus...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java and JCE explanation

Hi all, Need to clarify something. The install instructions named Manually Installing the JAMF Software Server v8.5 or Later_25 February 2014.pdf my link text (jump to page 8) that is included in the latest JSS Manual Installation 9.65 doesn't mentio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP - Devices Purchased Before Signup

Hi, Simple question but yet to find the answer! Once enrolled with DEP will existing purchases on the account be visible (it says about going back to Mar 2011) or only new purchases made from the date DEP was configured?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleID Request on Network Account

Hi All, Has anyone managed to get rid of the AppleID request on the first time a network homed user logs in? All the scripts for the user template work fine for a non-network homed user, but every script I try to run on the network users runs after t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add SSID without adding it to keychain?

Does anyone know if it is possible to add an SSID through jamf (profiles preferably, but even if it's a shell script, that would be fine) without them being added to the keychain? I want to have a secure network for all of our managed devices but not...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple's Joint Venture Program - Thoughts?

My organization is just starting with our mac deployment, with our JumpStart this Thursday/Friday and the first macs getting handed out on the 23rd! We bought directly from Apple who up-sold us on their JointVenture program as it wasn't too expensive...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

No web server root directory /library/server/web

While troubleshooting http errors when running a cache policy I noticed no web server root directory /library/server/webDoes this mean Apache tomcat did not install correctly when JSS was installed?HI see the /library/jss/tomcat  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking student application usage information

Hello JAMFnation! We are starting to have some problem students that spend a lot of their class time to play games or chat. Casper isn't especially strong in tracking exact usage information, nor for specific time frames.While I know part of this is ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

policy FAILED when trying to cache installer,

Anybody have an idea on why I keep having this policy fail? Computer check-in with no issues etc.. but when this policy runs, it fails Running 9.65File Share DP = MasterFile Sharing Protocol of Server = SMBPort = 139Use HTTP Downloads = Checked Execu...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling Location Services Programmatically via Casper

I am trying to enable Location Services for 10.10 systems via Casper but I cannot find any option with configuration profiles to enable it and the few scripts I have found online do not seem to enable location services. Specifically I am trying to en...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors