Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Separate Management account from Configuration Profile

Starting to use Configuration Profiles but finding that the Management Account is also affected by the profile. Is there a way to not apply the Configuration Profile to the Management Account? Either at the user level or computer level. JSS 9.65, OS ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another tomcat cert posting

Hello, I have a ticket with JAMF open. We have been having a large amount of issues lately, and I decided to drop our old Casper infrastructure and do a total overhaul. So I have a brand new manually installed JSS (on rhel). The main issue I'm having...  View more

cbe474d1d3be491bbf1b7a12f9277647
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic - Anyone looking for Apple and Capser Tech?

I have an off topic question to ask. On March 3, 2015 we found out that the college I work at, Sweet Briar College, will be closing for good this summer (http://goo.gl/hHbDfo). My question to The Nation is, is there any job openings in the Virginia a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to enable MDM for user account

Hi guys Having an issue enabling MDM for the local user account, this is the error I get via the terminal Enabling MDM at the user level... Error installing the user level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/270D...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat monitoring

I'm curious what (if any) tools people are using to monitor Tomcat. We've got a large server with multiple JSS instances, and we'd like to keep an eye out for memory hogs and other ne'er-do-wells. I tried JMeter, and am not blown away by it. Any reco...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to detect if autoproxy is on

Hi all I'm here to make you feel great about your scripting skills! I've just cobbled this together to show if any of the network adapters have the proxy enabled,saved as a script and run from my Mac it returns "on" if any of them are enabled, i'd li...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Network Scanner Question

I have been testing with the Recon network scanner on some of our subnets and have been noticing that the app seems to be re enrolling machines that are already in the JSS. I have the box checked to "Ignore IP's of computers already in the JSS" but i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - Securely erasing Mac SSD's

OK--So, we are not supposed to zero out SSD's as they may become damaged or suffer slow performance.The general consensus as I understand it (on any OS platform) is that you want to have a ATA secure erase command sent to the drive as it will erase s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help- Stolen iMac

We had an iMac stolen. The thief has upgraded the OS and deleted users, but is still using the computer. It is faithfully reporting in to the JSS every 15 minutes. How can I copy the users home directory to a location on my servers to try ti identify...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

FREAK vulnerability

Anyone have an extension attribute or something that can tell if the security patch that was applied yesterday to fix the FREAK vulnerability has been applied or not?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delegate in outlook

I'm trying to figure out how to script the adding of a delegates email inbox to the current user in Outlook 2011.First, it would be nice if I could see if the users already have the delegation, or if they have multiple accounts configured in outlook ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report on blank fields

I'm trying to filter out machines that don't have anything in the Last Checked In field, but not sure what criteria i should use... should I just create a static group and manually check those machines off ,and add it as a not a member of group?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Files To iOS (jpg, doc, pdf, etc)

Hello everyone, I am considering purchasing Casper Suite to manage a group of iPads and I have been trying to determine if this feature is supported before I make my decision. I have not been able to get a clear answer from anything I've read online ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing users into Casper

Hello, wondering if anybody knows of a way to mass import users from LDAP into Casper users? Looked all over cannot find a way to do this. Thanks in advanceDavid  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobility profiles documentation?

Hey all, Just wondering if anybody has info on mobility profiles. I have both of the official apple pro training books but mobility profiles is not covered in these things to any sort of satisfactory level. I'm trying to reproduce a "roaming desktop"...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Invitation Email

Hi,I'am using JSS 9.31. I'd like to send an VPP invitation. When the user got the email he has to login with an user account and an password. From where do I get the information which user account or which password has to be filled in.The user has th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resize jamfhelper utility window

We are putting a little script together to display some information well structured to the user.But we have more lines as output as jamfhelper and the window options are supporting. Is there anyway that this can be extended in some way?So mean: Resiz...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP, backup and location services not being skipped

Hi, I would like to skip the iCloud and Location questions at the 'first-boot' wizard on iPads. After configuring a 'Prestage Enrollment' for the iPads I've selected the checkbox to skip 'Location' and 'Restore' options. However, iPads are still prom...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API PUT data

Hi guys, I'm trying to improve our system adding the warranty expiry date to all computers in JSS without using Apple GSX. I had searched and tried a lot of things already, mainly with shell script, and I have finally understood how to use GET easily...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 2 kudos

Recovery HD partition not created

I normally use AutoDMG when creating a base OS for Casper Imaging. However, I've imaged almost 20 units and I can't see Recovery partition. Is there anything I've missed during the process?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update 2015-002

Apple addresses 'FREAK' attack in latest OS X Security Update. Alongside Issues in the Components: iCloud-Keychain, IOAcceleratorFamily, IOSurface and the OS X Kernel according to Apple. Security Update 2015-002 Yosemite (Early 2015 Mac) - https://su...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Outlook 2011 preferences

Hi, I'm trying to change the hide local folders option in Outlook according to the instructions in this article: https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/enabling-the-hide-on-my-computer-folders-checkbox-in-outlooks-general-preferences/ Outlook s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Pages, Keynote and Numbers?

Hello again JAMF. VPP will not work for the situation I'm in. I would love to use it, but can't I followed these instructions to install Pages, Keynote, Garageband, iMovie and Numbers. I've got the .pkgs and all that. But run into an issue when using...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors