Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Casper Imaging fails to run the postinstall.sh

Symptoms:After Casper Imaging reboots the first time, the iCloud sign-in screen appears and never goes away. You can skip through it and get to the desktop.The computer is logged in as the Adobe temp account. The computer becomes enrolled in the JSS....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT ** AD HELP** mobile account

Here at it again if someone can please help me out getting this error when trying to create mobile account and when logging in with user getting error stating cant create mobile account problem ** mobile account could not be created: -6304 (MCXCCreat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Transporting for reimaging

i was curious about what other school districts that have a 1 to 1 are doing. We are taking up all student machines at their schools and we need a way to transport them back to our central office and back to the schools. we were thinking about gettin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Finder "view" settings

Has anyone had any luck managing these settings with configuration profiles?I'm attempting to manage the Finder setting "Calculate All Sizes", in order to globally turn it off on OS X clients. I'm having success when attempting to manage more standar...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage w/o DEP

For iPads; Can you only use the PreStage setup if you are using DEP? If you are not using DEP can you use the PreStage setup to skip steps in the Set Up Assistant?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set file association for SWF with browser

Hello all- I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get .swf (flash) files to associate with a browser via a policy — I was initially trying to associate with Chrome, but if I can associate with Safari, that's also fine (all machines in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Super Nub-Sauce question (Office for Mac Preview)

I feel like this one is probably super easy. I feel like I'm over thinking this and it's super simple but it's not working the way I would do it normally. Office for Mac Beta came out today, I'm sure you all know. I need to not allow my user base to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhoto for iOS- bye-bye

Syncing of Cart iPads today:we have iPhoto (paid) on these iPadsWhen we open iPhoto, it says it has transferred all data to Photos, and that's all it will do.If you go to the VPP portal, you cannot acquire iPhoto for iOS.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome App Launcher

I have a student is going crazy with this app. Anyone have a pathway I could use? Trying to block this before other kids get it as well. Thanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfhelper........inactive buttons in message window

Hi folks, Looking for some guidance on this. Here's my script that runs at every check-in, once a day. button=$(/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType hud -title "fun stuff" -icon /Library/Scripts/A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit policy to smart user group?

Is there any way to limit a policy based on a user group created in Casper? Right now I can only limit based on LDAP groups but it would be awesome if I could create static / smart groups and then limit a policy to those users.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine authentication problems

My end goal is to get Macs on the domain so they can send a cert request to the Windows CA and then pull down the user cert to the machine. The part I am having a problem with at the moment is using Machine Authentication over wireless to get the Mac...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - bash scripting question

I am working on a lengthy script (parentScript), part of which generates another script (childScript) I am using a method I cribbed from Andrina's TempAdmin.sh script, namely: echo"childScript line 1childScript line n" > location This has worked well...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Preview block

Just as a heads up, the 2016 Office Public Preview is out...http://products.office.com/en-US/mac/mac-preview looking into how to block it now as a restricted process.  View more

• 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird DNS issue with Printing

So we have our fleet of printers being deployed using Self Service using lpadmin and some other dmg files being pushed out. I have noticed a bizarre occurrence with a couple of OSX Users (Both on 10.10 I believe). We recently upgraded out print serve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore partition questions

There's not a lot of documentation, or current discussion, about the Restore partition feature. I've created a restore image, made an OS package out of it with composer, uploaded that to my JDS, and in my test configuration I've setup a partition for...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.3 Restriction?

I'd like to restrict this so people wait for the official release, but I don't see any process that is jumping out as being specific to the beta (just looks like ordinary updating, despite the separate download for the access utility). Has anyone fou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT **HELP** Active directory migration

So we recently migrated from one AD domain to another and some users that were on the Computer previously Cannot log in.. AT ALL getting the shakes.. When using another user that never logged into the machine log in they get in with no problems it cr...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors