Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Private var folder keeps growing in size

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my post. I have a bunch of MacBook Airs running Mavericks and over time the hard drives become so full they are unusable due to the /private/var/folders/ being 65GB+ in size. Currently in Casper we have a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles

iPad is enrolled into JSS using Apple Configurator but Configuration Profiles are not taking effect.On iPads already being used, the Configuration Profiles won't take affect when we change them among different user groups. Any clues? whats wrong here...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying .pfx Certificates?

Hi JAMF Nation! I'm currently attempting to add two certificates to the JSS as OS X Config profiles, both are in a .pfx format. The issues I'm running into is that the JSS keeps saying 'Could not read file'. How do you guys attempt to make a .pfx cer...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

User assigned during enrollment

Hi -- We have a problem where our technicians enroll macs for users. They use their personal domain credentials to sign into the enrollment page, and use the "Assign To:" field to assign the end-user. In the JSS the technician shows as the user, inst...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

#jamfnation is now open on the Freenode IRC Network!

Wait what now?We now have an unofficial IRC channel for everyone to discuss the JAMF Software Casper Suite among fellow Macadmins. Talk features, ask questions, contribute ideas, seek guidance, everything we do on JAMF Nation but in real-time chat. I...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

strange one

a PE teacher wants to use Casper Focus and lock students with 1 to 1 iPads into the built in Clock app. I almost dismissed it as strange, but went to try it and it seems impossible. Found another post of JAMFNation: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Further manage " Guest User Account" ?

Hello, we are using the built in guest user account across our district for various uses. It works great during conferences, parents can sign in and access the internet without having to worry about accounts details. I now have a request to create li...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

External Media Not Ejecting on 10.10.2

Kinda weird issue that I just started noticing but it seems the "eject" option is not showing up with external media on 10.10.2. If you right click, eject is not an option. If you drag to the trash, the eject icon shows up but does not eject the medi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Re-Enroll MDM Policy

I just pieced a workflow together to make our Macs enroll in MDM if the profile was deleted. Wanted to get your thoughts on it or provide a solution for your setup if it works out. So far its running successfully for us. 1) Create Shell Script: #!/bi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service IOS 6 App

We have around 70 1st generation iPads and would like to install the Self Service App onto these devices, tried installing via the App store and it requires iOS 7 or greater. Is there a way we can install the older Self Service app? Thanks in advance...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Computer Certificates

Fellow JAMF admins, I have a Palo Alto VPN client that I need to get set up on the Macs in an automated fashion regarding certificates. On the Windows side I can set up the machines to automatically retrieve a cert from the internal CA here but canno...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

recon.exe and Windows 8.1

Has anyone been able to run recon.exe on Windows 8.1 successfully? I've got a fully updated (straight from Microsoft) Win8.1 Pro install. Tried running recon.exe 9.63 but it just crashes while enrolling midway through (says "jamf has stopped working....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Un/Re-binding to Active Directory

This request is to help us out with a symptom where users' "login" keychain and AD become out-of-sync. In a good handful of these cases I'm seeing that a user attempts to actually change their password from the local machine as they should, but they ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Uninstallers?

We're just getting going with Self Service, and I wondered what you guys are doing (if anything) with providing uninstallers to your customers? If a software vendor offers an uninstaller do you include it by default in your Self Service, and if so fo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy files

Hi Group! Not sure if this is something we can do with Casper or if we need some kind of scripting help, but we'd like to be able copy certain files at startup or login from a share on our network, to 2 places on the local machine: /Users/[Username]/...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain with AD user's

Has anyone been successful with any scripts or any other tool for keychain errors, it seems like every 90 days I have to go see certain users and clear out the keychain preferences. I tried playing around with AD-Mon but I had no success. Thanks  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bind Computer to existing object in AD

It looks like you have to configure an OU to create an AD directory bind in Casper, but I know that with dsconfigad you can simply bind to a pre-existing object in AD without specifying an OU. We're about to spin off a new company/domain taking thous...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete VPN Profile from CommandLine

Anyone know of a way to complete this, i have machines with vpn profiles that are not all nam,ed the same. I want to standardize the adapter via a configuration profile , is there a way to script the removal of a profile with the name VPN in the serv...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADmit Mac is this a good product?

Hey everyone I am getting to the point where our CTO wants things such as Citrix Receiver, Outlook, File Shares, Safari etc.. to use single sign on/kerberos and even though some of these are configured to generate a ticket others are not. Someone int...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.65 Active Directory MDM Payload Issues?

Anyone else getting this? I tried swapping from IP address to DNS hostname with no success: The 'Directory Binding Account' payload could not be installed. Attempts to bind to the server 'SERVER' returned an unspecified problem. I had no issues in th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco WLC ACL's to support AirPlay

Hello All, Does anyone have information on working ACL’s to allow airplay through Cisco WLC ACL’s. We have a mix of Apple TV’s and AirServer and Airplay mirroring from both iOS and OS X. The bonjour discovery side is working correctly its the data st...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors