Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing User Accounts/Home drive at logout

We are using Yosemite 10.10.2 with Server App 4 with Profile Manager, we bind our computers only to AD.Does anyone know of a way, perhaps a script, to remove all user profiles or all user home drives at the logout?In the Profile Manager there is a se...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web restrictions on student owned iPads?

I'm trying to think of creative ways to institute some baseline adult content filters beyond what Apple's API currently allows (namely, the blocking of content in the App, iTunes, and iBooks stores) on student owned devices. Have any of you come up w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auditing Installers?

How are people auditing there installers? How do people track down this file system object was installed by this or these installers? We are using radmind, to manage the OS and software distribution and we can quickly and easily track down what insta...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sign Quick Add Package

Does anyone know the proper certificate format to sign a quick add package? I'm using a .pfx and it doesn't seem to be correct... is .cer correct?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

CasperCheck

Hey JAMF People, Is anyone using CasperCheck? I have the script configured, I have the launchdaemon plist configured, I have the policy configured....perhaps I am just making this more complicated than it has to be....but for the life of me, now I ca...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Schema extensions

Has anyone implemented the Apple Schema extensions for Active Directory? The reason I'm looking into this is that we login to our Mac's with our AD accounts. If for some reason we need to unjoin and rejoin the domain our UID changes and any files own...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Menu Icon

Does anyone know of a tried and true way to remove the wifi icon from OS X 10.10? Our lab machines are always connected to ethernet so we don't want to give them the option of using wifi. I have a script that runs that will turn off wifi but the icon...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi script for 10.10

I have been using this script to add an SSID and password for years. From JAMF's resource kit: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?id=135&fid=570 Doesn't seem to be working in 10.10 when I use it as a pre-boot action. I get error...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time frame before removing machines from JSS

Hi All, I wanted to get an idea of how the JAMF world was handling this... So basically I am curious if anyone has a method of keeping the computer inventory in the JSS clean, for example if a machine doesn't check in after so many days/months do you...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG ARD 3.8.2

Anybody know if AutoDMG is downloading the updated ARD 3.8.2 v1.1 client or the old one?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patching OpenSSH in 10.9x and 10.10.x

Hello all, It has come down from our IT Security team that the OpenSSH that is part of OS X 10.9.x and 10.10.x (currently listed as OpenSSH_6.2p2) needs to be patched to version 6.6p or higher. The methods they suggest to take care of this sound less...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone have a script for de-provisioning a Mac?

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem... currently when an employee leaves the company or gets a new machine, the old machine is usually just shut down and stored, then later either e-wasted or re-issued to someone else. I have at least 100...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SUS signing CA cert about to expire

Looks like one of Apple's signing CA's cert is about to expire (2/14/15). This has resulted in the re-release of a lot of old SUS packages. https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/certificate-authority-expiration-and-apple-software-updates/  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions for Removing Files from iPad's??

Hi All,I work in a school environment with 3 shared use iPad Trolley's. Looking for suggestions for the best practice of removing files such as photos, videos and documents from these iPads that the students might have put on there so that the teache...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive Business Mac Sync client 'preview'

Today after a user complained about us not wanting them to use DropBox for secure client/company information, I did some Googling and found that Microsoft had actually released a beta version of their OneDrive for Business syncing app for Macs. http:...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD 3.8 Client Asking for ALF Firewall Access

The 3.8.2 ARD client (ARDAgent.app) is asking end users to allow/deny the ARD access through OS X AFL firewall. Im seeing it on Yosemite 10.10.2 Macs with the ARD 3.8.2 and 3.8.2 v1.1 updates. Every time a user logs into a Mac they get a OS X GUI dia...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please vote this up !!!

Please click the link and vote this up - Classes for foundational bash scripting- JAMF Provided https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=3119  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Restrictions Forcing App Store Login on App Push

Hey nation, I'm testing some student iPad restrictions and it seems like no matter what configuration I apply, just having the restrictions enabled under Mobile Devices > Configuration Profiles > New > Restrictions causes App distributions to be met ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

xerox 3.50.0(1459) printer driver

will i be able to use the xerox print driver 3.50.0.pkg pulled from the downloaded .dmg? I just put the .pkg in the base configuration. Here is what happens when I run the .pkg straight up from a mac. I want to see how the .pkg runs/acts/behaves prio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware Fusion 7 test environment with Casper Image

Hello all, I just installed VMWare Fusion 7 on a loaded Mac Pro running Yosemite. I would like to install my current Casper image as a VM to do some testing instead of rebuilding and test a Mac Book Pro that I imaged at least 20 times. In all I would...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Meraki vs Casper as an iOS MDM

Hello, our boss is wanting to drop Casper Suite for our iOS deployment (but keep for our OSX devices) and save money and switch to Meraki MDM. We previously used Meraki system manager for our MDM, but switched to Casper November 2014. Are there any r...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.63 - Self Service

Hi All, I think I came across how to do this somewhere in the black hole that is the internet, but can't seem to find it again. Would anyone know if there is a way to display a message to a user when an app has been added to their Self Service app fo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors