Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe CC Revisited---sorry

Hi Everyone, I am new to the Casper Suite, but have used and packaged apps for a long while with Composer and the former Imaging suite. I am asking for advice on deploying Adobe CC apps. I have seen and tried a variety of methods over the years. Late...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS NetBoot DHCP wierdness

We run an Active Directory system which also handles DHCP. I realize the netsus appliance's netboot system uses dhcpd to facilitate the booting process and that it's custom tailored to never give out IP Addresses, only netbooting. We have IP-Helpers ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Workflow

Hi all! So I have just started playing with VPP and wanted to see if this sounds correct: I have one to one based ipads that I have enrolled with the Apple deployment website and assigned them with a pre-stage enrollment in Casper. I then have them l...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Popup notification

Hello everyone! We like to alert our users of new software deployments and patches via popup notification, through SCCM in Windows this is an easy task. Currently for our Mac environment when I go to deploy a new update or software push I have to : -...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

About Casper

Hi All, I am new to this tool. I am looking for some documents which can help me to learn and implement. ThanksKishore  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run recon locally?

To run recon locally to enroll a computer, how do I get recon on that local mac?Put Casper suite on it then run recon? Then remove the suite?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Network Drive Question!

How can I force a network drive to show on the desktop upon logging in? I can get the user's home drives, but not the shared network drives.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bluetooth acting up, I think...

Scenario: Creating an image with AutoDMG, using said dmg for Imaging with Casper Imaging and netboot makes the client report "no support for BLE".Using the exact same image with DeployStudio and a QuickAdd.pkg makes the same hardware report "support ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN connection issue

Folks, Over the weekend, I connected to our ARD system using a VPN connection. It worked great for what I needed. Now I have a few Macs trying to reach back through our firewall and getting their data cut off. I can remotely connect to them, get to t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup / Restore a profile in OS X

I am currently trying to figure out how to script a process, to create a backup of a user profile and restore it to a new system… The design of the application is as follows: The Backup portion of the script allows: Identify the computer name and cre...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS won't apply my update selections

I have the latest NetSUS 3.0.2. I check the updates I want to enable in our Production catalog. When I click Apply, the screen refreshes and those updates won't stick. It comes back to the screen with those updates unchecked. This just started happen...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos at Login Kills all Software Policy installs

We have radius wifi and we turned on Use as a Login Window configurationUser uses their AD credentials at login window at the same time it authenticates them on the network - their credentials are then handed off as well to mount their home and share...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Choose different deployment servers for different sites

HiI have one jamf server and 2 deployment servers on 2 different sitesof course i want to configure self service so that it pulls the deployments from the deployment server of the corresponding siteis there any way that i can configure this ?Thanks i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

messages agent wants to use the login keychain

I'm getting a pop up saying "messages agent wants to use the login keychain" on a 10.10.2 NetBoot image I just made. This is in a root logon and the login keychain is unlocked for root In the login keychain there are several entries that may be causi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing JAMF Binary Updates

We recently (2 weeks ago) updated to 9.63 from 9.5. I noticed that maybe a quarter of the machines have not updated to the 9.63 binary. On top of that I noticed we have clients on 9.5, 9.32, 9.24, 9.2, and 9.12 even that are checking in regularly. Is...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launching Policy from Bash Script

Hi, We've got a few printers in our organization that we initially put in Self Service that were installed by most of our employees. Recently, some settings needed to be changed for the printers, so that they would go through a network share instead ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do people block iOS apps?

With the new Outlook app being the security nightmare it is... I find myself wanting to block it. Seems like this isn't possible in Casper... is that a correct assumption? I've never needed to block an iOS app before. Would a config profile "poisonin...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remodeling Our Test Enviroment

Hey Guys, Rather than directly contacting a select group of folks to ask for their opinions and suggestions in the background, I thought I would ask this question out in the open as it could benefit many more. In the past I have tested my policies, p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10 - launchd no longer supports DEBUG_LOG

Not sure how many individuals actually use this with launchdaemons, but apple rewrote launchd process from the ground up with 10.10, and in the process I guess decided to leave out debugging. I have found some "workarounds" but I cannot say that they...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Number of machines imaged

Hey Jamfnationers!! Does anyone know how to make a report that tells you how many machines were imaged and re-imaged a week? Thank you! Shawn  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock items

Would somebody be able to walk me through the process of creating a policy for Adding Dock Items for MS Office 2011 components, and removing the icons for Mail and System Preferences? I've read that dockutil is useful in this area, but I'd really rat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

General Maintenance Via JAMF

Hey all, Recently we have been toying with the idea of doing weekly "maintenance" work on the computers in our environment. This would involve forcing software updates (Especially the security updates) as well as app updates like (Flash, Java, etc) B...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors