Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurator Errors with iOS 8

We use Configurator for a cart model, and have been seeing issues with Configurator not removing our MDM enrollment profile and more recently not removing Apps with iOS 8. Specifically it errors when we "Refresh" after adding an App to a device on ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you deploy printer drivers???

We have about 200 printers across the globe, with all users having access to each of them. They are all HP and Xerox. Setup on clients is done via Self Service, but was curious as to what you guys did for deployment of the drivers. Do you bake the dr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically get Network Time Server

I know in Windows, once a system is domain joined it automatically gets time information from the Domain Controller (no policies or scripts need to be run to do this). For OS X I've bound Mavericks systems to our AD, but they still seem to get networ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

login to Mac after computer imaged with Casper

Strange question or not, not sure if this is but I'm asking. after imaging a computer, how are you admins getting user accounts setup on your imacs/macbook pros etc.. for users to then login? i'm assuming if the imaged mac is joined to an active dire...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Impact of AD upgrade from 2003 to 2012

Hi folks, We are going to upgrade our AD domain from 2003 to 2012 in a parallel migration (so adding new domain controllers and removing old ones rather than upgrading existing DCs). I'm curious if anyone has encountered any Mac authentication issues...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Enrollment Program - DEP

Hi Guys, We are ready to go with DEP and its all setup by Apple and we have uploaded the token in JSS and added a server in deploy.apple.com. Now when we enter the serial number of an iPad 2 (2012) then it gives error with device serial number as "se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reapply Configuration Profile

Apologies for the newbie question: How do you reapply a configuration profile: For example: configuration profile to apply WiFi networks to managed Macs. One users goes through System Preferences > Network and deletes the WiFi networks applied in the...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP - Codes vs Token ? Can you do both ?

We have been using VPP for some time now, but have only used the downloadable codes thus far. We buy iOS apps via the VPP site, download the codes and then use those with Configurator. Thinking about expanding some of the VPP stuff to Mac OS and star...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent Apps from Executing in ~, Desktop Etc

I have experimented with Apple's restriction profile to try and prevent our students from installing / executing apps on their desktop, documents, and misc home folders. However, there are too many misc apps which have software updaters in crazy loca...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and 10.10.1 update

I'm having an issue with my Netsus 3.0.2 instance. I have 2 branches a CORP and and QA. After finally getting reposado to download the 10.10 updates. It correctly shows 10.10.1 update in the branches, and they are now checked. It appears that it has ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Retrospect with Casper

Hey, is anybody managing a network with Mac clients being backed up by Retrospect? Are you using the public/private key function for client login? How much of the client install were you able to automate with Casper? There doesn't seem to be a lot of...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Minecraftedu (v.1.6.4) -Failure to Launch

I am trying to distribute Minecraftedu with a policy. I have successfully (?) created a .dmg using Composer. The file installs on the client computer, but will not launch for all users. The app relies on Java and the content is placed in the /users/l...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Script

Hi -- We're new to the JSS and are looking to create a script that will prompt the user on enrollment to choose if the device is Personal or Enterprise Owned, and then have it populate an Extension Attribute. Then we could create a smart group to exc...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Opinion] Munki 2.x vs waiting for Jamf for updates

Wondering if I can get your opinion. I noticed that Munki has been updated to rev 2.x. I was wondering if it's worth making the transition over to munki for updates and pushes or wait fro JAMF to release their next version, which I thought they are g...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extending the available IP range

We have 160 iPads configured via Configurator and assigned to JSS, supervised and managed. As the devices were being used more frequently we found our network was running out of available IP addresses to allocate so the range needed to be extended. T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Computer Group - AD Membership

I am looking for a way to create a smart computer group based on AD group membership. Example: I want to create a smart computer group called Help Desk that contains the computers for my Help Desk team. I would like the group to reference the AD grou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles and .pref files

I am trying to deploy settings for a Wacom Intuos Pen Tablet via configuration profiles and am having some trouble because the settings are in .pref files as opposed to .plist files. I see that you can configure custom settings in configuration profi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles not Pushing to Computers + Tomcat Error

Hello, We just finished our JumpStart. The configuration profiles continue to say "pending" when looking at management for a machine. The devices are enrolled and MDM is there for our site. Here is the error on the tomcat server: [ERROR] [Tomcat-63] ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pass AD Login Info to Sharepoint

I'm sure this has been covered but I couldn't find a how to. I need to take the user's login information and pass it to Sharepoint so they won't get the login prompts when going to the Intranet. Thank you  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Self Service URL Plug-ins via script

Hi all. I wanted to post something that I put together about a month or so back, in case it would be useful to some of you. We don't really use Self Service URL plug-ins here, despite my occasional urging that they are, or would be, extremely useful ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Putting Apps on devices without tanking network?

My school district is in the process of rolling out iPads to our elementary schools. We have one school done and we had a myriad of problems getting apps on the iPads. We didn't fully understand how to configure VPP (this has been resolved finally) a...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating from Java 7 to 8

Is anyone else having issues with your computers not updating to Java 8? Right now I have a smart group based on Java version and if it's not current then to run the policy to install the latest version. Only 12 of my computers are at 1.8.25.17 right...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors