Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper Focus - Focus to Website Issue

Issue: Teacher focuses students to website. Class ends, teacher does not unfocus students manually. The app lock profile gets removed but the website restrictions remain the same. Students have been coming up to me since we started using the Focus po...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Setup Assistant post 10.10 upgrade

Hey Everyone, I appreciate your help on this in advance! Background: K-12 environment, AD Bound, mobile account set iMacs running 10.9.5, JSS v. 9.62. Yosemite Install policy, runs in background or self service once triggered, current payload is vani...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Malfunctions in v9.63

Hey Gang, Our set up:JSS v9.63 Our Issue:We're seeing that editing info in the JSS via the web interface doesn't save certain crucial information. This includes (but maybe isn't limited to): package limitations, timing for launching policies and more...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clients cannot connect to Software Update Server

Hi - I know that this is not a general Mac Server forum but I thought I would try it anyway. We have 10.9.x Server running Software Update Server. I have the client pointing to the Casper server successfully. But when I check for update on clients I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Server... Messages... iOS app?

For years this has annoyed me, but why doesn't the implementation of XMPP used by OS X Server work with iOS? Am I crazy or what? This seems like something that institutions would want. We use it for chat on Mac OS and Windows just fine. It would be g...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem I've not seen before dsconfigad error 10002

Executing Policy Join ADS Domain... Binding IN-MDEP-130215 to ads.iu.edu... An error occurred binding to Active Directory: dsconfigad: The daemon encountered an error processing request. (10002). (Attempt 1) An error occurred binding to Active Direct...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL and Java high CPU Usage

our JSS seems to be extremely sluggish, even after reboot (taking about 5min to delete 1 machine record). The Activity monitor shows java @ 395% with 40min of CPU time (about how long it's been since I rebooted), and mysql is showing 255% @ 36min of ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Auth

Hi everyone, I'm curious what people are using for wireless authentication in their environments, particularly in K-12 with a mix of 1:1, shared, and BYOD devices. Does your wireless auth mechanism work well on your Macs? iPads? Thanks! Jason  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single App Mode question

We have several iPads that our controller's office has purchased to run the Higher One Payments for iPad app (also sometimes referred to as CashNet). I've successfully supervised the iPads and enrolled them in Casper. Wifi is disabled in favor of pur...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Imaging Issue

My Environment:NetSuS with a 10.9.5 boot imageCasper 9.6.2SMB DP Image:10.10.1 AutoDMG created dmg with updates applied, pretty basicA user creation package Hardware:Macbook Pro 2013, not encrypted. Had a previous Casper image of 10.9.5. Issue:When I...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ad Binding Execution Frequency

What's everyone doing for AD binding execution frequency? I was thinking of setting it to weekly to just rebind every computer using the default JSS Directory Binding. Does anyone have a script to determine if the trust is broken? Thanks!  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS Download Distribution Point Error

Hello all,I am running 9.6.3 and Mac 10.10 Server. I have setup another distribution point mirroring the same settings of a known good distribution point and I am getting an error over HTTP/S download. Error: Could not connect to the HTTP server to d...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Cloud Print outside of Chrome

I am looking for some guidance for installing Google Cloud printers with JAMF. This would be outside of Chrome, hopefully using CUPS Cloud Print. As it stands now, it is a manual process because of the oauth.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

First run script to install provide feedback

I have a first run script to install an app which is rather huge. This takes a while. Any mechanism to either provide feedback? A dialog box? Anything to indicate a process has started then completed?It seems like first run scripts don't work with os...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

adding users to sudoers remotely

Hi all, We're being asked to remove local admin rights from our users but some users will still require sudo access. How can I remotely add a user to sudoers? I've tried running this command with a policy/casper remote/ARD but it's not working: echo ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block users from installing Adobe Trial Apps

Anybody have a way to block users from installing the adobe CS Apps? We have users that install the trial versions of say.. photoshop or acrobat and then it screws up the licensing and makes life miserable for the techs. I can add the installers to t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run ASU via Self Service

So I've made a nice script that runs 'softwareupdate' and warns if a reboot is required and stuff like that, but I've run into a problem. If I invoke it from Self Service, it runs great until Safari needs an update. Then I get a box that says "In ord...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

installing printers at home

I work in a school environment where we use policies to deploy the school printers the kids will use on their Macbook Air. When kids take their Macbook home, we want them to be able to install their home printers on their Macbook is there a way I can...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

re-enrollment of multiple computers at once

I was wondering if there's a way to re-enroll multiple computers at once? I'm using casper 9.6, created a few new policies, configuration profiles, manage preferences, etc and I find that the only way I can get all the changes I made to deploy to the...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update apps when they aren't open

Anyone have any good suggestions for updating apps only when they are not open? I basically would love to have either closing the app be a trigger to install an update, or just have some sort of script or something that just checks if it is open and ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Required privileges for developers

Can anyone provide their experience with the required privilege a user might need for development activities, specially mobile development with Xcode, Xamarin and Android Studio? I have a requirement that some users should have a fully managed machin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adware Prevention?

AdwareMedic works great for removing adware. I found that Sophos does deal with some of the adware. Does anyone know of anti-virus software, or the like, that can actively prevent adware from being installed? Looking for another hammer to take care o...  View more

• 41 replies
  • 0 kudos

ACT Aspire Java web app

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Our district decided to give the ACT Aspire test starting in the fall of 2014. We have had to overcome several obstacles with the test and our 1:1 Macbook Air deployment. We set Safari preferences for a...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors