Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Building is part of another attribute in LDAP

Hello, I have an LDAP integration which is working fine but i am having problems filling the Building information.Problem is that on my LDAP I don't have a field just for Building. It is actually the first 3 letters from a field called UserLocation.F...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading JSS

Is there any upgrade path to be followed while upgrading JSS. We are upgrading from 9.31 to 9.62. Can we do that straight away or do we need to follow another path. I couldn't find this information in the release notes.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.62 Not removing App Store after pushing an app

On our iOS devices at the middle school we have removed the app store. If I push an app to the device the app store gets added back and the app installs like it's supposed to (sometimes... we still see the error that the app store is disabled occasio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Place to find explanations for apple updates?

Hi all, This isn't really JSS related but I'm wondering if anybody knows where to get info about the updates I have pending in my update server for OSX. I have found nothing to read about any of them. A lot are self explanatory but some I would like ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configure Custom Screen Saver in 10.9.5

Hey guys, I have been struggling with properly setting the correct screen saver in my environment (10.9.5) both at the login screen and per user. We have created a custom screen saver located in /Library/Screen Savers/XXX.saver. I have tried a few sc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite FileVault 2 decrypting issues

Recently we've had issues with people on Yosemite running into slowness and crashing issues. Were working with Apple on this and it seems to be a known issue. Apple says it's related to Active Directory and FileVault. So we're looking at disabling Fi...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote - Screen Sharing Error

Hey All, Ive been noticing an error that seems to be popping up more and more lately in our environment with screen-sharing through Casper Remote. Over the last week, Ive had a handful of clients I've tried to screen-share and get all the way through...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM JSS vs Physical JSS

We are currently running our JSS in a VM environment with 11,268 computers and 1,768 mobile devices. We have an external facing JSS as well. Internal VM is running mysql and tomcat running on the same machine. Specs:Windows Server 2008 R216gb of RAMD...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin start up problems

Recently I have had real problems with casper admin. When I start it it will randomly ask for my jss username and password, which is already stored in my keychain. I put in the correct details and it just asks again, I will then restart the applicati...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self service portal on personal BYOD devices

Hi We are looking at auto enrolling our students personal BYOD iPads as personal devices and not institutional ones. We have a number of apps / printers that we want students to be able to install via the self service portal as required. Appears we c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

LDAP (AD) JSS Username length

Does there happen to be a minimum username length for a JSS user to log into/use the Jamf web console?Our users are pulled from our LDAP (really AD), and no other user seems to have issue with privileges except for one of our users, that has 4 letter...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Noobie questions. How to install JSS

I have never touch Casper nor SQL. When trying to install JSS it is asking for my:Server Name: localhostServer Port: 3306Database Name: jamfsoftware (I have not created one. Any links on how to?)Username: jamfsoftware (is this for the OS admin or SQL...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filter iOS Devices with Restrictions Enabled

Hello, I'm using Casper 9.5 in a school environment and I'm looking for a way to create a filter in JAMF that will show me iOS devices with restrictions enabled. Some of my students are enabling restrictions on our iPads and I'm looking for an easy w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Hook not working

Good Morning, all. I am attempting to deploy a Filevault policy with a login hook.It does not seem to be kicking off on any of my machines, and it is driving me crazy.I enabled status windows so I could see if it is attempting to run, and it is not, ...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Group Calculation

We are in the process of encrypting all of our laptops, per security office directive. I have had a saved search based on the following criteria. FileVault 2 Status is not Boot Partitions EncryptedandModel like Macbook After updating to 9.62 I notice...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd Multiple Uses

There might be a previous discussion out there but, I couldn't find it. How do I set my quickadd package to be multiple uses and my invitation code to expire after a year or whatever I want.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery partition deployment, silent?

I need to install a recovery partitions on a few dozen machines. Used Per Olofsson's super excellent utility to create the installer, good to go. Can that be deployed from Casper silently, with no immediate reboot?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper via logout script not working in 9.62

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else seen an issue here before creating a support ticket. We use a script with jamfhelper to create a message box when a user logs out. For example, $3 could be "Adobe Reader" and $4 "will be updated" Here's a snipp...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Focus not unlocking websites

We are having an issue where Focus is not removing part of the Focus Profile. The pattern seems to be: Teacher Focuses students into a website Casper applies 2 profiles, one for Safari App Lock and the other for website restriction Teacher Removes Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPKG Script Issues

Hey I found this recipe on GitHub by user cgerke. It's supposed to edit Energy Saver preferences, but I'm running into an issue where after executing the script I do not see any changes. The terminal window does not close out and I am unable to find ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Netboot Not working over HTTP

Hey all:We currently have an aging Xserver running 10.6.8 running the netboot service. I am trying to move us over to the JamF Net/SUS Appliance. I have been unable to get the netboot image to download over HTTP. When I boot a netbooting client verbo...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil script at login: can't remove all

I've been staring at this for too long so I'm reaching out to the pro's for what I bet is a really easy fix. I'm writing a shell script to nuke the dock for specific user accounts (scoped in the JSS) and then making those docks immutable. The first p...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors