Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Yosemite - Question Mark Folder After Imaging

Hello All, We have been testing Yosemite for a couple of weeks now on our campus. We are working both on upgrading existing machines, as well as imaging newly received workstations. One of the problems I have run into has popped up after imaging a co...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Software Stops Working

Wondering if anyone has observed this behaviour before I submit a support case. Restricted software has been working OK and is setup correctly, however I have found two clients where for some reason it was no longer restricting the software from runn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging ChemBioDraw

Does anyone have any advice for successfully packaging this? It's a drag and drop type installation but requires a Serial Number/Registration Code entering each time.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Policy - User Folder

We are in the process of updating all our Macs to OS X 10.10 which involves moving them over to a new JSS server. I have everything working however noticed on a few devices that have moved to the new JSS (v9.6) inventory is failing. I have narrowed i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local / Domain accounts

We had a tech manually bind a machine but didn't setup mobile accounts. He did all the user config (vpn, email, etc) under the account, but when he shipped the machine to the user, they couldn't sign in. He went back and rebound the machine with the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Macs losing AD binding

Hi, I will buy dinner for anyone that can help me solve this problem: 18 x Apple iMacs bound to our AD network using the built-in AD plugin ALL are on a VLAN DeepFrozen Were imaged using DeployStudio Currently on OS Mavericks (OS 10.9.4) Using AD onl...  View more

• 53 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS and EAP-TLS

Is there a practical way to implement EAP-TLS for 802.1x wifi authentication on iOS? I'd really like to be using something better than PSK. Or do I really just need a NAC of some kind? I didn't like PEAP becuase I dont want students to be able to con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help - some mac takes forever to boot up

Here’s what we are on: MacBook pro retina 2014JSS version 9.3OSX version 10.9.xOSX bind to our AD domain during casper imaging processSoftware load on startup: casper, crashplan, symantec. We deployed about 30 macs back in July of 2014, everything wa...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Netboot/Imaging

JSS 9.32 Imaging will run, but not restart after imaging (Yes, Boot to target drive after imaging is checked) Once restarted It will not bind and it doesn’t properly enroll into the JSS. The computer pulls an IP address, but is getting an SSL error w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delay Policy Success Reporting

We have a number of clients who are connecting to our guest network while logged in to an AD account and as a result, can not log back in to the machine until it is plugged into an ethernet port. Here is the script I'm using to clean up the preferred...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting the currently logged in user

I am trying to create an extension attribute to grab the currently logged in user on my student machines. I am using a similar script to the Last User extension script template: #!/bin/sh user=`ls -l /dev/console | awk '/ / { print $3 }'` if [ $lastU...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible Bug either JAMF or Yosemite?

I have been working with JAMF support trying to figure out if there is a bug in 9.62 or Yosemite. I would love if other people try this to see if their system reacts differently. Issue at hand:Create a Configuration Profile for Passcode.--Check -- Re...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log for Permission Repairs

Hello all, Thank you for looking at my post. I would like to write a script that shows the time/date that the "repair disk permissions" was ran. Is there a log file or somewhere that will show this time stamp that I could report using a script and ex...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible 9.62 bug: Display Name

So I've noticed that if I change the display name of a script in Casper Admin and save it, it's not represented in the JSS via the web app. If I change in the web app, it seems to be fine. Is anyone else seeing this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

disableMusicStore not appearing to work

Is anyone setting the "disableMusicStore" setting in com.apple.iTunes.plist? I have this set at the computer level and am noticing the following: If I click on a "View in iTunes" link in Safari then i get a message that states "The iTunes Store is di...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins December Meet Up

To All Sydney Mac Admins, Our next Meeting is scheduled for Thursday 11th of December. We have a booking at 6pm at Hart’s Pub, Corner of Essex & Gloucester St, The Rocks. Any one who has an interest in managing OS X or iOS is very welcome to come. Yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy enabling File Vault 2

Just testing policy to enable File Vault 2 on OS X 10.10.1 computers to comply with a security audit and found some strange behaviour. The policy runs with an institutional recovery key and via the management account but with errors even though the p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Message on Policy Failure

So I just had a policy give me the "Complete Message" even though it failed. I wasn't expecting this but honestly, the term "Complete Message" doesn't give any notion of success or failure. I just assumed it meant success. Has anyone else seen this b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Requirements for Yosemite

I created a policy for deploying Yosemite via Self Service, with one requirement being that the system have 10.6.8 or newer, based on the information from this article: http://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/ And this link:iTunes.apple.com However t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verify Startup Disk Question

Hey all. I'm wanting to test feedback I would get from a policy for Verify Startup Disk via Self Service. However every Mac I turn to shows no errors because there are no errors. Does anyone know of a way I can deliberately cause errors on a volume s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Rules

I need to install a program (X2Go) via Self Service. That program requires XQuartz. I don't want to bundle the XQuartz program into the policy as users may already have it or may have a later version. Or perhaps this issue isn't a big deal and that's...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors