Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Welcome policy broken in Yosemite

Or at least parts of it. Quick background: I have a welcome policy that runs once per user. It runs scripts that kill the app store helper, remove and add some dock icons and put Self Service in the dock. In Yosemite it's generating some errors, prob...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Macs cannot mount the JSS File Share

We are starting to work with Macs running Yosemite and are running into issues when using policies or Casper Remote. We currently only have a file share mount on our JSS, version 9.61, running on Windows Server 2012 R2. We have had no problems with t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash History Extension Attribute Script

Hi folks, I'd like to be able to tell at some point if folks are going in and making calls to the jamf binary on their system. I'm not great at script, so this may not be pretty, but I figured something like this would work #!/bin/bash jamfsnoop=$(le...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Great Session- Could I ask a few follow up questions?

I attended this session and it was full of information that has been very useful. I wrote down as much as I could but was hoping I could get a little help from others that attended. I was hoping someone could tell me the sequence of hard-wiring the i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export Classes to File

I am wondering if there is a way to export my current classes in JSS to an excel file to edit? I used the SIS importer to get my classes in there but now I have some students switching classes and have made changes in the class lists and not in the e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPXE

Does anyone have any experience of integrating Macs running OS X 10.9/10.10 into an iPXE environment (particularly where WDS dominates)? If so, I wonder if you'd be prepared to share your experiences?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delayed Print Jobs

Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. We are seeing print jobs of all sizes being delayed on 10.9 Macs when sent to ColorQube copiers. It can be from any app and any size (even 1 word in a txt doc).The print job just sits in the queue on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain Issues with built-in AD Bind

Since imaging with 10.9.5 and binding via the Apple Built-in AD Bind, when i login in as a new user, I get the following message: "A Keychain cannot be found to store "username"". Has anyone else seen this?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Apps

I'm looking for a way to disable AirDrop, Messages and iCloud Drive on 10.10 Yosemite. With the possibility of data leakage my security team wants to lock these down. I tested with a configuration profile and unchecked the AirDrop under media, added ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

General Check

Need quick general info. Suppose the server where JSS is installed is restarted or is being moved or else, what are the things we need to check if the application is working properly ? And how do we check them ? Example the services JAMF uses etc.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Appliance and CPU/RAM Resources

I'm wondering how many resources people dedicate to the NetSUS appliance. I am phasing out Mac minis in remote office locations and deploying this VM in ESX environments that have a lot of available resources. My only real requirement is to be able t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS web minor script limitations bug

Just a bug note here.When you add an OS limitation to a script using the web interface you cannot remove it again, you can only edit it to something else...You can remove it just fine through Casper Admin though.We are on 9.32 currently  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors with Autopkg(r)

After being at JNUC I was inspired by Autopkgr and decided to setup Google and Firefox to auto update. Day 1, no problems. Day 2, crap what did I do? I removed the policies and smart groups (manually) from the JSS. Now when I run check apps now it do...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.32 slow to save and sometimes fails.

We are having a recurring issue with Casper Admin 9.32.Basically if you make any change that involves a configuration profile it then takes ages to save and if you make too many changes it will fail. It seems to eventually hit some kind of timeout at...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 and a JSS 8 to 9 upgrade

8.73 here with no experience running encryption yet, version 9 upgrade imminent. If I had to start encrypting laptops now with our 8.73 JSS, are there any areas of interest or concern when we upgrade to 9.x in a month or two? The process of key creat...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple and the 23.0.0.0/8 block

We have a JSS in the DMZ, but our DMZ is extremely locked down. I had the 17.0.0.0/8 address block opened up for ports 80 and 443, but we still can't do App lookups in the JSS. After doing some checking in the firewall logs, there are requests to add...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon & Apple TV

Hello All I am wondering if any one here as successfully set up an Apple TV to be only visible to MacBooks in the same room using an iBeacon? I went to the JAMF iBeacon sessions and I am loving the potential of iBeacons and would love to get this wor...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a context for JSS

I am having some trouble with this. I am trying to enable HTTPS downloads instead of SMB and ideally we would require SSL and Credential Authentication over port 8443. Our pkg and dmg files are in C:casper and I am pretty sure I need to add a context...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Lock could not be cleared.

When wiping a device occasionally I get an error message that says, "Activation Lock could not be cleared, and the mobile device was not wiped. 404 - An error occured [sic] clearing activation lock." Any idea's how to fix that and wipe the device and...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper Imaging Yosemite Recovery HD Issue

I feel like I'm going crazy, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the steps we've used since 10.9 came out for making Casper Imaging images:1. Obtain OS X installer from Apple2. Drag OS X installer to Casper Admin3. Let Admin do i...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon and Yosemite issue

Hello i have installed Casper Suite 9.61 and Yosemite but Recon doesn't workI have the following screen error external image link Any fix ?????  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab Equipment?

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what you all are using at lab equipment when you're testing out new stuff in OS X? I'm using a VM to run testing on. It's been working fairly well.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS 9.61 install on RHEL 6.6 gives error

When installing JDS 9.61 on RedHat i get the following: [root@jds ~]# ./JDS-Linux-Installer-9.61.run Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing JDS Installer.......... Starting the JDS Installation Checking installation requirements... Ch...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors