Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New NBI, missing functionality?

One of my predecessors created an NBI on version 10.8.x.I'm now creating a new one (10.9.5), including the new Imaging 9.52 application. After booting into this new version, i found out not having access to any applications but Imaging? I'm also miss...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

3GB Content // 5000 files // Content dump

Hi, Just throwing it out there to see what other people are doing. I run IT for a company that deploy iPads. We put content onto an App that we have built. What is the best/easiest way to transfer 5000 files (around 3GB of .mp4/.mp3/.jpeg) to 30 devi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keyword Search Terms in Discussions

Finally getting around to asking a question I've been meaning to ask for a long time. Is there a doc describing using keyword search terms here at jamfnation? Especially for terms requiring more than one word. For example today I'm trying to search f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem upgrading from JSS 9.31/9.32 to 9.52

We have a manual install of the JSS on Red Hat 6.Our production server is running 9.31 while debug was running 9.32.Upon testing the 9.32 upgrade to 9.52, again using the manual install procedures, we got a failed upgrade. The JSS URL returned a 404 ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux JSS, Change port from 8443 to 443

This topic has come up previously, but answers tend to be more on the Windows side. Wondered if I can ask specifically about Linux JSS deployments. We'd like to change JSS from port 8443 to 443, but also redirect 8443 to 443 in case users/code attemp...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Package CasperShare replication problems

I am having issues with Adobe Packages created using Creative Cloud Packager after they have been replicated to other file share distributions points. Essentially permissions to access the pkg files are lost. The actual permissions shows as being the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

RSVP for HH Next Week

We are looking forward to another great JNUC next week and are excited to hang out with you in the place we also call home! To make the arrival process at the Crooked Pint easier, please RSVP here: http://essentials.code42.com/JNUCCode42HH Drinks, ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors when running jamf policy

Hi, I am starting to this problem sprout up on different machines across our sites. Policies are not running and are reporting this error: **jamf policy There was an error. *** -[NSArrayI objectAtIndex:]: index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0]I know how to f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault helper script

This little guy helps you enable FV2. In our workflow, we have laptops with mobile network accounts. We don't want the initial FV provision to be done on the local admin / management account (for obvious reasons). FVHelper will check and skip account...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Student Apple Creation (email format issue)

I have been working to set-up student Apple IDs and have been experiencing some issues. I downloaded the CSV file from the Apple Deploy site, but have issues when I attempt to upload it. I keep getting an error message that "email address is not vali...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Solved an Annoying Problem with Shockwave

A faculty user came to me having downloaded a Shockwave game called "What Is". The game itself would run fine, but the accompanying "Setup" program that goes with it (to enter the questions and answers) would fail on launch with an error about the Xt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help for Extenstion Attribute to collect String

I am trying to collect a string from the OEAO plist. The script I wrote works via ARD, but does not work as an EA in Casper. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Is there a better way to collect the string for the destinationFolder Key? #!/bin/sh l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS not allowing traffic from a certain SSID

I've got a help desk request going on with this but thought I would throw it out to the masses as well.My JSS is allowing traffic from one SSID and not another (which is of course the one that the iPads need to be on and are configured to do so autom...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target specific computers with SUS?

Is it possible to target specific domain computers with the SUS? I currently have a Mac Mini running Software Updates. I have pushed a policy to all of the Macs, directing them to this Mac Mini for software updates. I've found (if i recall correctly)...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Un-Installers?

Hello, everyone. I was wondering if it's possible for my users to uninstall from Self Service. It would be useful for them if they could remove a troublesome app and replace it on their own. Thank you!  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Endpoint Uninstall Issues

Hello everyone,I am experiencing issues with uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 so that I can install version 12.1.4 I am trying to use the script that is mentioned in this thread: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Devices lose "managed" status and policies

Dear community, I am dealing with some strange behavior on iPhones 5c (iOS 8.0.2). The devices are set to "managed" with help of the apple configurator, afterwards policies are distributed from JSS.However, some of the devices suddenly lose the manag...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service Webclip wont load list of apps.

I have two freshly clean restored ipads.Both with same credentials applied, one loads the self-service web app list, the other opens and sits with a spinning wheel but never loads the list of apps? I have tried re-image.I have tried changing time set...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Needed with Firefox Scripting

We are implementing Zscaler which is a proxy service that my company is going to roll out. On the PC side they have it all configured and working. I'm running into an issue on Firefox. What I been told by our Systems Engineer that I have to edit the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors