Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

jamfHelper & LaunchDaemon

So, I'm having an issue where my LaunchDaemon is not running the script that I have built that uses jamfHelper. Here is my plist that I have: Label com.MyCompany.UpdateTool ProgramArguments /var/StartupUpdateTool.sh RunAtLoad Now, I'm pretty...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Certificates to Clients

How would i go about deploying a certificate to all the clients on the network? I've created a package within Casper Composer and sent it out, but this doesn't seem to work properly. Any advice, would be appreciated.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD login issue

Hi, I have an issue affecting around 70 Macs in one area of the University. Randomly, users logging in with an Active Directory account, are presented with endless popups with the message "You don't have permission to use the application".... This in...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Test Environment

Hello, Wondering if anyone has documentation for creating a test environment. Did a DB backup and SQL test on my laptop. Tables look good did a few test queries. Want to set up a mac mini test environment to test how it works with the new JSS and to ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airplay - iOS 8 - iPad Air

Anyone else notice the sheet for Airplay on iPad running iOS 8 is very short? It lists maybe 2-3 sources, whereas on iOS 7, the sheet would extend almost to the top of the display. We've got 15-30 sources per building at any given time and it's frust...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

config profile oddity

Okay I have a configuration profile that is set to expire my local user passwords at a set interval and has a minimum password length set. What I am noticing is after the interval has expired that no matter what password is entered in the expired pas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seminars and training

Hi all.My company is offering to pay for me to attend seminars and/or training.I've recently rolled out Casper without much Mac experience and think I would like to learn more.I am interested in the CCA course but it looks like I would need to do the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airprint payloads & iOS8

Hi all, Our Airprint configuration profiles which work great in directing our iOS 7 users to our CUPS print server have stopped working in iOS 8. The profiles are applied, but the Airprint queues never appear in the print options list. Bonjour based ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

auto-enrolling systems for management

When a new system comes in, I would like to be able to simply deploy the software and configurations needed to each system using the OS already installed via the imaging app off of an ssd. I also want the system to be automatically enrolled so it can...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Best Practices

Hi Everyone, I'm working my way through the various aspects of my JSS. Next up is printers! I see a lot of options available for deploying printers, but basically I'm just trying to identify the best solution for my environment. So here's the scenari...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Custom Triggers?

Hey all! Bit of a n00b question for you. Can someone give me an explanation for custom triggers in layman's terms? How they're used, how to create them, etc.? It's a concept I've never really grasped, and I would like to try using it for creating Sel...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enforce Mobile Device Name not staying after Erase

We've had some iPads that the Enforce Mobile Device Name isn't staying checked after the device is erased. I feel one of the best cases for this is that we can have it named in casper and then following an erase it would still have the name we have g...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build up of pending management commands

Does anyone else notice when poking around their machines management history a build up of pending management commands (CertificateList & ProfileList over and over). We're seeing this for our shared machines mostly, the ones in carts or labs. Like 10...  View more

• 74 replies
  • 3 kudos

Self Service Reinstall?

Every once in a while we run across a computer that gives an error when launching Self Service. Either an exception fault, or have gotten some that say that Self Service doesn't work with this version of OS X. We have tried just deleting the Self Ser...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer and recon not starting

When I attempt to launch Composer or Recon I am getting the following:“Composer.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.“Recon.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.This ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping Network Drive Via Script

Hello All, We have been working on a way to map network drives for our users. I have looked at the examples that were posted on the MacMule site and tried to use that as a template for our environment. Unfortunately we ran into some issues right off ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

This App is no longer assigned to you.

Our users keep getting the message that random app "is no longer assigned to you." All apps are scoped to a smart user group based on an extension attribute that is manually entered and not changed. I have even received the alerts for apps that I am ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

It's taking forever to refresh the VPP assignments

Using managed distribution to deploy apps to 400+ users (thousands of licenses), we have discovered that each time when we assign an app or revoke it (even from one user), JSS will go through ALL licenses for ALL the users, checking all of them on Ap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Be careful with several VPP accounts

So, to make the long story short, here's a warm tip for everyone: don't use several VPP accounts with the same apps purchase for managed distrubition at your business/school. What has happened with us was this: we have two VPP accounts some of the ap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook Air MDM Capability = No

We have enrolled more than 40 Macs using QuickAdd package and they all have worked fine. One of the Mac has installed the MDM profile but it is not installing the configuration profiles and also the MDM Capability is No. We have setup smart groups fo...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Automatics Updates - Best Practices

We are just trying to understand how the updates should be implemented in our environment. - Is there a way to block all kinds of automatic updates on Mac.- Lets say if we leave the Automatic Updates turned-on for all Macs then wouldn't it be a nuisa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited access web.xml?

All: I am having trouble enabling the limited access settings on our test 8.73 JSS. I get the following error in the GUI: Could not write to /export/apps/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml Rather than try to troubleshoot this error, I would like to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors