Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

App store / self service

Hi all I want to distribute applications with the self-service but prevent (or monitor) to install other applications. it's possible? This is a school ... all paid applications have been purchased with VPP  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a Link to the Dock

I would like to add a link to the dock of each user. I'd like the link to use a custom icon as well. What's the easiest way to do it? I've tried dockutil but it won't let me use the custom icon.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resetting Software Update

I have a few 10.9 Macs that do not want to have their Software Update server reset to the default Apple severs. I have deleted the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist file multiple times and run Disk Utility. Every time I run the Update the plist file is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

The checksum of Self Service did not match?

Hello, I'm trying to re-brand Self Service by taking the Self Service app from C:/Program Files/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/bin/SelfService.tar.gz customize it, then re-uploading it to the same location. However when the JSS pushes the app out via the ma...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Policy at Specific Time

I'd like to have my servers install updates (and reboot if necessary) at a specific time (Sunday at 4AM) every week. The way I was thinking of doing this is to set a policy running a execute command of "softwareupdate --install --all" to run on check...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Distribution of Apps and Family Sharing

HI Has anyone seen this? under13Apple IDs:Initially we distributed 2 free apps via Managed Distribution, but due to the issues with Self Service Mobile coming down too slowly or not at all, we un-scoped the apps from the distribution, so that kids co...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain Broken / AD / Changed Password

So here at the University we have caspered Macs 10.8 and above, the issue we are having is when a users password is changed the keychain prompts for the user to enter the local items keychain password I assume their old one ? or asks for access to th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Application list

I want to use an OS X configuration profile to set a login item to run an application. A LaunchAgent proved less reliable than I had hoped. When I created the profile, the application in question wasn't in the list, nor seemingly anything but base OS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain does'nt work properly

Hi guys , we have an image running in wich we use keychain. Now, the purpose of this is that you do'nt need to fill in your paswords every time you log in. The problem is that even though when i open any users keychain, all the certificates,passwords...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service not working after upgrade to 9.4

Hi All, A little background: I'm in the process of upgrading our Casper Suite from 8.73 to 9.4. I've set up a second server running Linux (lets call this macmanage02) and installed everything fine, starting with 8.73. I restored the database from my ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search/scope based on INSTALLED profiles?

I hope I'm just missing something obvious. I'm trying to find out what configuration profiles are installed on an OS X client. Ideally I would like to scope a smart group to find machines with a given profile. All I can see in the Inventory is what p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP, Apple ID and Mac App Store

I am trying to compose documentation of the process for users to set up a Apple IDs to accept VPP invitations. I set up a test Apple ID. But when I go to the Mac App Store and sign in it requires a credit card. I am prompted with "This Apple ID has n...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single App Mode Configuration Profile & Apple Apps

Hi All,What we've set up is some restricted apps that are not allowed on student iPads. The app store is open but there is a shared list of apps that are not allowed. If a student installs one of those apps, the next inventory that comes around will ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Desktop.app != Microsoft Remote Desktop.app

I wanted to put this out there for suggestions or feedback regarding my deployment method and a minor issue I'm running into with two policies conflicting. The goal is to come up with as simple and elegant a solution is possible. Here are the policie...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenDNS Umbrella Deployment

Has anyone successfully deployed Umbrella for OS X through Casper policy? We built the package in composer, scoped out a policy. It installs, the green light shows up in the menu bar, shows that it is protected, but it doesn't show up in our dashboar...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maple 18 and Java

Has anyone had any luck getting Maple 18 to work with an Oracle version of Java? Seems like it will only recognize version 1.6 and i'd rather not enable 1.6 if i can avoid it.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guided Access Passcode

Hello,I just got off the phone with one of our teachers in a Special Ed classroom. They use the Guided Access feature to lock the iPad into a single app for some students. Well, one of those students has figured out how to add a passcode to the Guide...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is Smart Group Membership evaluated?

I am getting a lot of SGs that are dependent on others, or perhaps dependent on a profile being installed by others.. So when the iPad enrolls a bunch of management commands are kicked off in what appears to be arbitrary order depending on which SG c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Imaging/Cloning

I have about 150 iPads that I would like cloned from 2 different images. Both images have the following characteristics: - Supervised via Configurator- Manually enrolled, since they don't qualify for DEP- VPP Managed App distribution (invitation sent...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Parental Controls for Guest User

Jamf Version 9.3OS X 10.9.4 Is there any way to disable "Enable parental controls" under "Allow guests to log in to this computer" through Casper or possibly terminal? I have Allow Guest User enabled in a Configuration Profile. No clue how enable par...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clear Safari Cache on login

Hi, is anyone clearing safari cache in a policy? I'd like to clear it on every user login probably something that takes advantage of the $3 variable. Thanks for anything you may provide!Chuck  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locking Remote Computers

I have recently setup a JSS in the DMZ and have computers successfully checking in. But if I send a "Lock Computer" Command, the command only works if the computer connects to my VPN. The whole point of putting a JSS in the DMZ was so that the lock/w...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Red Giant - Trapcode

I am trying to package Trapcode Suite using their .mpkg. When composer captures the install, Trapcode installs files all over the OS. The trapcode installer is an .app imbedded in an .mpkg (the file I am trying to use for the install), with .pkgs bun...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Wireless after disableAirport.sh?

I've been trying to re-enable the wireless after disabling the wireless on a couple of our labs. For reference: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?id=135&fid=443 I've also copied the scripts details at the bottom in case anyone ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors