Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Non-Boot Drive Full Notifications

Hello all, I'm looking for a way to monitor the status of non-boot drives, similar to the functionality of the "Boot Drive Percentage Full" criteria. I'm curious if any of you kind folks have come up with a way of handling this, or have any suggestio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your JSS Dashboard

Fairly new to Casper and interested to know what you guys have on your JSS Dashboard? Screenshots most welcome :-)  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Report question

We currently run 8.73 running. We use individual file vault method and it's been working fine. Recently I've noticed that some of our machines are reported that the hard drives are encrypted, but the file vault recovery key isn't available on Casper....  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging can't connect to WebDAV

I am trying to set up imaging for machines. In general, we have no issues with JSS or JDS in terms of uploading, downloading, or replicating packages. JDS and JSS are both on Centos. The Netboot server is on a Mac. I created the computer image and up...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clear/Lock DNS Settings

We use OpenDNS Umbrella client for web filtering on some student machines. Brief background info is that we have 2 DNS servers that are pushed out via DHCP (the DNS servers are the IP of the OpenDNS HA servers that allow web access). I've found a few...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS 9.4, issues, comments, profound revelations?

We are on JSS 9.3, so far so good (inexplicable and intermittent Self Service failings aside), all is well. Just finished creating an additional VMware RHEL 6.5 for a dev JSS. By the way, for whatever reason i got convinced into thinking I had to go ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding

I am very new to this and the Apple world. I am an intern given the task to figure out how to manage our Mac environment with the tools we have from Jamf. I am testing things using a pre-configured JSS that was set up by someone in the past but never...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX Com Error 1001

Just got approved for GSX account, and input all necessary info into GSX pane in JSS and getting: Communication Error 1001 - the connection failed to complete the communication with the server ?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bundle CS Apps for Deployment

I did a brief search and didn't find much. Maybe it's my search terms, so if this is a dupe, I apologize. What's the easiest way to bundle the current version of the Casper Apps. I guess technically, all that the support techs would need is C. Remote...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 9.4 MacAppStore

I like the new MacApp Store options, but has anyone noticed that it puts the application in front of all your other Self Service policies. One would assume that it would be alphabetical to the rest of the policies.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.4 using jamf manageand SCEP errors

So I was trying to figure out why it was taking so long for a config profile change to happen in my test machine on 9.4. I tried to do a sudo jamf manage and it errored out with the following... $ sudo jamf manage Password: Sorry, try again. Password...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment being dropped/lost

I'm no JAMF expert, I'm just an ITSM manager responsible for tracking our inventory. So please excuse any wrong use of terms.We've been enrolling our mobile devices through user-initiated enrollment. Devices are confirmed enrolled and we then have a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Mathematica (Network)

We have run into an issue where our network version of Mathematica 10 does not pull a license from the MathLM server on any Mac that has been imaged by Casper, throwing the error "The Mathematica FrontEnd could not locate the server...". We know this...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blue "Featured" banner in Self Service

I upgraded a test server to Casper 9.4 yesterday and noticed that all of my items on the Self Service landing page now have a blue "Featured" banner. external image link Since everything on the main landing page is Featured, in my opinon the banner i...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I assign apps to specific classes? (iPad)

I can't seem to find a way to push apps out to specific classes. Ideally I'd like to be able to do this in both Users-VPP Assignments and in Mobile Devices-Apps. I did find the Classes option for eBooks in Mobile Devices-eBooks. It's strange that it'...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPAM to my jamfnation specific email address

I am starting to receive a lot of SPAM to my jamfnation specific email address.Often the spam also contains around 1000 other addresses in the TO: field. Browsing through this the recipient list, shows a lot of jamf staff addresses and also lots of s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package preinstall and postinstall errors

I'm having a problem figuring out some packaging errors. Any idea why these scripts would fail when added to a package? I'm basically just looking to kill the app prior to replacing it. Both scripts work fine when run manually. It's only when they ar...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to JAMF software

Hello, I am a starter for casper software can i download documantaion for install the software and steer lerning  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirPrint Payload

Does anyone have any experience or has anyone had anyone had any success using the AirPrint payload in a configuration profile? I want to provide printing to iOS users, but by enabling my Wifi provider's (Aruba) support for AirPrint (Airgroup) all pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors