Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Printer Setup

We've been using using Casper Admin to capture and add our printers to our JSS for deployment to staff through Self Service. For the most part this has worked fine. Prior to that staff would manually add printers via IP Printing using the lpd protoco...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Highly Automated Imaging

I'm looking for a best practice on imaging systems as automated as possible. The goal is to take any Mac (all recent hardware), do a netboot which deploys a fully updated OS X image over the network, and then have packages and policies apply after th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks and hidden admin account

I have hidden the admin account on all my machines (10.8). This causes a bit of an issue when upgrading to Mavericks using the VPP program as we are required to do through the University. A user now runs the update from the AppStore but in the startu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator Configuration Profile removal

We just came into JSS for our MDM about a year ago. But before this, used an instance of Apple Configurator to manage these devices. There are some iPads that still have a Configuration profile we created in Apple Configurator that was set not to be ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7.1.2 breaks Chrome

Do not upgrade if at all possible. It does not matter if you push through Apps in Manage Devices or push through VPP assignment. With VPP assignment it becomes a phantom app in app store. It is listed in your purchased apps, but you can not download ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush Cached Policies on Machines?

It seems that policies are cached on Casper-managed machines, as a policy to run a script on Login I disabled in the JSS (by unpicking the 'Enabled' option), still appears to be running on my model managed iMac. How can I clear any locally cached pol...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Restore Partition

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone still uses the a Casper Restore Partition? We are building a whole bunch of 10.9.4 MacBook Pros that will be predominantly offsite and not always internet connectivity and we are thinking of having a Casper Restore P...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.9.4 and Max 6.1.7

Hi, Are any of you running Max 6.1.6 or 6.1.7 having any issues on OS X 10.9.4? Is anyone using means other than KeyServer for volume licensing, Max MSP?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit permissions for JSS users

I am looking for documentation how to add users to JSS with limited permissions to perform tasks.At this point, I want to set up a group of users who can use Casper Image utility successfully, so I am trying to figure out what permissions to set on t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

API to create and add users to static group

Is anyone good with the API? I am looking for something that would create a static group and add the user's in the csv to that static group. If it could also remove users if they aren't in the file for that group that would be even better. I tried th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete Device Profile from Command Line

Hi.We are using a Configuration Profile to push Password settings to our clients that are not connected to the Domain.In order to apply some Kiosk Settings to this machines we need to remove this Configuration Profile (Device Profile) from the machin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP enrollment with past orders

I just started assigning devices to my Apple DEP. I downloaded the gigantic .CSV file but it contained things from over the years like iPods, Apple TV's, MacBooks, iMacs, iPads. Right now we are only concerned with managing iPads. My question is can ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and link aggregation

We have an instance of the JSS that I am migrating from a mac mini to a new mac pro and are interested in implementing link aggregation on the mac pro server. Are there any issues that anyone has experienced or anything to be aware of if link aggrega...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Calculator,Photos etc in Casper Focus

We are just starting with Casper Focus and was told that we need to have the app in casper for the teacher to be able to focus it, for example apps installed with the ios like calculator, photos, facetime etc.. I was trying to add it to the server un...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verify Distribution Point?

Hello Casper people! I need you help. Is there a way to FORCE a client to use a distribution point. The reason I ask is in our environment we have two DP. Once is a AFP share and the other is a SMB share. The AFP share is the MASTER and for some reas...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Extension Reporting

Hey y'all, a query for the hive mind. We've been running into users installing Awesome Screenshots (horrible name), which beacons out to websites tens of thousands of times a day. As you can imagine, InfoSec is not happy about it. I'm trying to find ...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 1 kudos

EFI

does anyone know a way to embed a WEP password into the macbook EFI? our password is too difficult to type and would like to wirelessly image.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors