Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to gauge Casper's bandwidth usage

I know this is more of a linux-adminish type question, but I was hoping to still find some helpful clues :) We are running our JSS on Ubunutu Server hosted by corporate offsite. But for some reason (probably a policy I created or something caching ma...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT and FEU Basics

Hi, I'm new to Casper (hi) and I'm a bit confused about the Policy FUT and FEU options. Do I just use Composer to capture user-level preferences etc. from whatever account I'm logged into, then create a DMG from the result, or do I have to place user...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan ProE package failing

I'm having problems trying to install the CrashPlan ProE pkg that ive pulled from the CrashPlan DMG. I install using a Self Service policy and it works fine but if i change it to a Login or EveryHour policy it fails. Has anyone else ever came across ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update User and Location without inventory update?

Does anyone know if it's possible or how to update the User and Location information of a user without doing an inventory update in bulk? All of our mobile device have been wiped to be prepared for managed distribution so we can't do an inventory upd...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop your users installing Yosemite Beta

Thanks to Apple Tech Note - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6311?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US OS X: How to prevent OS X Beta installationsIf users enroll in the OS X Beta program, their Macs may be offered pre-release Apple software. You can use Profi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling App Store access

I've added a restricted process for the App Store in the JSS so any user will find they're unable to launch it via /Applications or Spotlight (the process gets killed immediately). However, I find that they can still launch it via Apple Logo > App St...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Static Groups

I feel like i'm missing something here. Aren't nested groups supported in v9? I don't see how to add a computer group to a static group.For example: If i have static groups called Lab1, Lab2, Lab3, etc. that all have specific computer assignments, th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Static Mobile Device Groups

Im noticing that when trying to add a Static mobile device group, its not picking up all the devices that are in the departments within the group. Looking further into why this is happening, not all devices that are enrolled are showing an actual dep...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper MDM

Hi, have a question for everyone. Any assistance would be much appreciated. We have Casper MDM setup. We have noticed that when an application that has been uploaded to Casper for example Bloomberg version 2.0, if auto Apple updates are turned on the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy fails when running a verbose script

I have a policy that is running a shell script using "#!/bin/sh -v", which prints the contents of the script to the log for debug/testing purposes. Regardless of whether or not the -v option is there, the logs show that the script returns an exit cod...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting Apple TV

I am trying to enroll several Apple TVs but I am getting hung up on what seems to be a very simple issue. I plug in the Apple TV using a standard micro-usb cable, however it never appears as a USB connected device in Apple Configurator? I am running ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Let the User configure the Display Sleep timer.

Hello, we manage our Users Energy Saver settings with a configuration profile. Is there a possibility to let them decide, the time it takes until their display turns off? Our users want to customise those settings, but the Configuration profile overw...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Automation/Imaging

We've just started to use FV2 to encrypt here. At the moment we're deploying/enabling using a policy. Is there a way of doing this as part of imaging process at all? Am i missing a tick box somewhere? Or do i need to enable it on base image? thanks,  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Building Edit per Group

Hi All! I might be blind, but I don't see the ability to edit the building location of a smart or static group of mobile devices. I can use it normally on the OS X side of things. Is this a feature request? Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Expected Behavior of Network Segment Defaults?

Hey all, I'm curious if the defaults that can be set within a network segment should be working as i would expect them to... We have 7 remote sites, and each site has their own file share distribution point as well as apple software update server. I ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x EAP-TLS wireless config

Hello all. I'm trying to get a system-level 802.1x EAP-TLS wifi configuration working in 10.8. It works fine with our Windows 7 machines. Mac's are OS 10.8 AD bound Have proper CA certificate trusts Can request a machine cert via DRE/RPC All of that ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block incoming FaceTime callers in iOS

Is it possible to block ALL incoming FaceTime calls in iOS? I know you can block callers by adding them to the block callers list/group however I'm needing to block all incoming calls. Is this possible?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logging users out after a certain time

Hi All,I have a configuration profile to manage the Login Window Preferences. Seems to be working fine but I can not get it to log out a user after a certain amount of time. I have the check box checked to Log out users after 60 minutes of Inactivity...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hiding "Shared" Sidebar in Mavericks

I've seen a few threads to do this, but I have not been successful yet. Currently I have a configuration profile that deploys a "Custom Settings" payload at the User Level. The custom settings payload has a preference domain of "com.apple.sidebarlist...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Discontinuing Replication

I've got a Mac Pro that was set up as a replicated distribution point for an older JSS and have deleted that file share distribution point from the JSS. This older JSS is being phased out as we move to a new JSS so I've begun replicating the new JSS ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Script Twice or a Numer of Times in a Policy

Dear Casper Volks. As it is possible to add multiple scripts to one policy it seems like it it is not possible to run one and the same script, but with different parameters, in one policy twice. Both scripts will be added to the policy. But the secon...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors