Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

More fun with DHCP on NetSUS appliance

Good Afternoon All,We've got Ubuntu NetSUS server staged up but I'm seeing some strangeness in the way DHCP is behaving. I've got dhcpd configured within the etc directory, but I just noticed there's another dhcpd.conf file in/var/appliance/conf So I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Inventory not showing in Self Service

I enabled the Self Service option for the Update Inventory policy. However, when I refresh Self Service, the policy isn not showing up. I have it scoped to all Macs. The reason for having the Update Inventory policy to allow remote users to force the...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem: User definable variables in Casper Remote

I have a script that i'm putting into Casper for techs to modify a plist on a users computer.It is using up to $10. Whenever I run the script field 10 (and 11) return odd results. example: #! /bin/sh echo $1echo $2echo $3echo $4echo $5echo $6echo $7e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Portland. Oregon Area User Group

I am wondering if there are folks around Portland that would be interested in getting together to share ideas and even have a bite to eat if the mood strikes? I am open to suggestions on when and where to do this, so please let me know what your thou...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bluetooth keyboards for iPad

We have a 1:1 deployment of iPads and the English department ordered bluetooth keyboards for use with typing assignments. We're running into an issue where sometimes they will get paired incorrectly, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried using ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Removing JAMFNation Software

Hello JAMFNation,It's been about 2 years now since I've been at my school as I have graduated and the software my school had added onto out Mac's now needs to be taken off. I actually only realised it the other week and I've been on and off the phone...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing iBooks to OS X via self service

There is plenty of documentation on ways to distribute iBooks to iOS devices, but I require a way to distribute iBooks to users' macbooks and self service would definitely be a preferable way to do this. I am currently using composer to package the i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper CCA/CMA Classes in Milwaukee in August?

Hi folks, In addition to the JAMF classes available on their website, we are trying to get enough people interested to have CCA (Mac) and CMA (iOS) classes in Milwaukee sometime in early August (exact date dependent upon when we can commit). They wou...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prompt to rename computer at enrollment

I'm assuming the best way to do this is through a postflight script? I'm enrolling several Macs into my new JSS - not imaging at this time. I'd like to get the computers name updated before they bind to Active Directory. Any suggestions / examples wo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mystery MCX behaviour

Now I've not updated the JSS from 9.2 so there's every chance someone will pipe up "known problem" which is fine. But it might well not be that and I'm missing something obvious. (Note this is all MCX and not configuration profiles.) I've been trying...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 30.0 Using JSS 8.73

I used to be able to package Firefox with no issue. We just want a vanilla install through Self Service for new students when they return in the Fall. I have tried just doing the copy to applications with out opening it. Fairly new to casper so just ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook Signature script from Active Directory

Hey, I'm just looking for a point in the right direction I'm trying to create a script that will make a signature for Outlook 2011 Here is what I have so far: #!/bin/bash # Create a variable for the logged in user user=`defaults read /Library/Prefere...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

AAMEE & MAvericks

Has anyone gotten packages created on Mavericks for CS6 that will install correctly on 10.9? I am having the hardest time. After many failed attempts to even create the package, I got one created, but then it fails to install. This is all locally, be...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shell Scripting Question

I've mostly scripted with PowerShell and vbscript and have no experience with shell scripting, so I apologize for the newbness of this question. I'm writing an extension attribute that has a line like this: ver='/usr/sbin/jamfds -v'echo "$ver Install...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying SugarSync

Has anyone been able to successfully deploy SugarSync? The installer available on their website is a .app wrapped in a DMG. It appears as though this installer app is exactly the same (size-wise anyway) as what ends up in the /Applications folder. Th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Initiated Enrollment

My understanding is that there is no way to stop a user from deleting the MDM Enrollment Profile if it as and Over the air User initiated enrollment? Hopefully I am wrong or missing something???  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

licensed software

Hi, I have 13 copies of Boxshot 3D which all have different Serial Numbers.Do I need to create individual policies etc for each mac that is licenced? I have another 150 users coming up on another site and really don't wanna be going through this for ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow login once FV2 enabled

We are currently seeing machines that have AD Mobile account take a very long time to login once the machine is encrypted and off the network. Our machines are bound to AD and, when they are not encrypted and off the network they take literally a sec...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patching a system over VPN, no DMZ access

We recently put some boxes in a vendors location that only links back to us via periodic VPN access. Our JSS is not on the DMZ at this point, and our VPN connection is pretty slow to push packages... (I waited over 10hrs to upload a 5gb pkg before I ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language not changing?

I have a prestage image set up that installs Office and a couple other pieces of software. It leaves the OS that shipped with the Macs in place. I have two out about 15 machines so far that have randomly selected a language other then English (differ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DS_store?

Hi, I've come across this a couple of times but I don't understand why some disable the DS_store creation on network shares? Does this give a performance boost?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nvivo for Mac

I was wondering if anyone has successfully packaged Nvivo for Mac? Using a snapshot I install Nvivo and register the program, when I install the program created from the snapshot I get prompted to register again. It doesn’t seem to be keeping the reg...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass deploy OpenDNS via provisioning profiles on iOS

Hi All,Does anyone know of a way to mass deploy OpenDNS on iOS ? I know the umbrella app does it but that requires access to the device. Each profile seems to be uniquely generated and I was hoping to be able to mass deploy it via casper.Any help wil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging - Automated HD Wiping - Apple Script

So what I did here is create a applescript app that we run before we start imaging with casper imaging. I saved the file as an application thus it can run without applescript editor. Sorry for my lack of commenting on what is done. See if you like it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Authentication

Hello All - I'm working with a Steel-Belted Radius server + AD Authentication for wireless. I've setup the following: Created configuration profiles to deploy my certificates. This works. Both import successfully as trusted. Created configuration pro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Image 10.9.3

I'm having trouble with my 10.9.3 Netboot image with Casper Imaging. I built my Netboot image based on the following articles:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=307https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=313 When I run my...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable ALL Users for FileVault2?

i may not have looked hard enough, but is there a way to enable all users on each computer when deploying FileVault 2?And how does everyone handle remote support when a reboot is needed and filevault is enabled and the user has walked away from the c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors