Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Indexing and Software Removal

I have a dmg that installs an application. The application is just the .app that gets placed into Applications. I know that if I index the dog in Casper Admin I can then remove the application from the client stations. Here is my question. If a user ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup SNMP with a Config Profile or Policy

Hi all, I have a few new Mac mini's that have been setup in a data center. I'd like to create a policy or configuration profile to do the necessary changes to get SNMP up and running on Mavericks (Server). I checked online and found a few outdated or...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for migrating 10.8 Wiki to 10.9?

We have a Xserve running 10.8.5 Server with a wiki and we wan't to migrate it to a newer Xserve running 10.9 Server. In my google searches, this does not seem easy or there does not seem a clean way to do this. Has anyone successfully done this befor...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sites for ring fenced testing

In large environments we've always had different environment, so we can do testing and development, for example: • JSS (live environment)• JSS-TEST (testing environment; clone of live environment)• JSS-DEV (new/beta version testing) My colleagues and...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV dropping connection

We have an Apple TV deployment here in an Enterprise environment which consists of about 30 units. I have started having a few Apple TVs start to drop out quite often. We restrict Bonjour traffic to a bare minimum so it can only broadcast AirPlay tra...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sketch 3.0.3: Not packageable for Self Service?

Sketch 3.0.1 worked fine. Sketch 3.0.3 appears to create a perfectly viable DMG in Composer but it will not deploy via Self Service. When the policy is run it reports as "Succeeded" but the app does not appears in the Applications folder. Opening the...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot update FileMaker Pro 13

I have FileMaker Pro 13.0v1 scoped to all of my faculty. When I attempt to update to 13.0v3 and scope it to a few test machines, it installs as a trial version. I have composed this policy different ways with the same failure. Has any one seen this i...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset Tagging Best Practices

What are you using to Asset tag devices? Sticker or? Did you order them from where? A Service? What format are you going by on the asset tags? #'s and barcode? property of?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Those who have attended an user group get together

What has made it feel like a success? Are there any hidden considerations that should be brought up? What should I expect from something like this? Is it more like a meet and greet or more information oriented (or both)? I am looking at starting one ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

CRemote hangs on Verifying package

been getting repots that Casper Remote is hanging on verifying package. In one case they let it sit for 3 hours before finally cancelling the install. Another just sat for 20min waiting.. Sending Wake On LAN command... Opening SSH Connection to ... A...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyway to "hide" by default new AppleTV channels?

Apple just pushed out a bunch of new channels to the AppleTVs. http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/24/apple-tv-adds-abc-news-aol-on-pbs-kids-willow-tv-and-redesigned-flickr-app/ Is there anyway to configure an AppleTV profile that automatically hides all new ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow pkg "Install on boot drive after imaging"

I have a pkg file that is set to "Install on boot drive after imaging". The pkg just sets the time zone for me. Imaging process with all other pkgs (not set to install on boot drive) after imaging work very fast, scripts as well, then when the pkg in...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert epoch time to 'human' time in a MySQL query

I do a fair amount of manual queries directly from the 'jamfsoftware' database utilizing applications like Sequel Pro/MySQL Workbench and I am having trouble converting or getting the epoch time from the `computers_denormalized` table into something ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Macs be enrolled into 2 Management Systems

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to enroll Macs into Casper and another management system, like AirWatch? There are services/features our school likes in AirWatch. They are hoping to combine both. Thanks in advance!  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Viewing Scripts that are in the database

So now that scripts are uploaded directly to the database, does anyone know if we can easily view these scripts? Ideally, if a coworker uploads an awesome script and says "hey, check out my policy that runs my awesome script." That's great and all bu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show hidden files self service

I was lurking in the "show of your self service" thread the other day and saw that user @rlandgraf had a policy that could show and hide hidden files. I thought this was genius and figured I'd create a similar policy by writing two scripts: #!/bin/sh...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

NetSUS SMB Share Access + Bless Command Fail?

To better troubleshoot issues I'm having getting NetBoot to work across subnets I installed a fresh copy of the JAMF NetSUS in a Fusion VM via 3.0.1 OVA, launched webadmin, configured settings, uploaded working NetBoot file, and ensured the server IP...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Script not found on server" error = BS

Just wanted to report that the "script not found" error cannot always be trusted. We had the following script on our 8.73 JSS: #!/bin/bash cd /private/var/pretendco/tmp/ curl -O http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Problems

Ok, so i have been messing around with dockutil for the passed few days. For the most part easy to use and works great. So I am trying to modify the Default User Template dock plist. In the dockutil --help it says to use the '/System/Library/User Tem...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS App showing up in the JSS

Anyone heard of this showing up in the JSS as an App? We are a High School and found three devices with an App called: Fail Videos for whatsapp gratis best shazam pou hay day rush saga candy pet bitstrips tweetbot emoji emoticons iphone ipod ios7 ios...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help - imaging 10.9

When we open google chrome and safari after imaging, we get a message "keychain can not be found to store chrome". We do not get this message when logged in the admin side only the user side. On the user side there is nothing stored in their keychain...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird NetSUS issue

Not sure if anyone has encountered this. We have a NetSUS we setup that up until a few days ago had zero issues. We just received our first batch of new iMacs and 15' inch Pros. All of a sudden, we are unable to pull updates from our NetSUS on those ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

London Meet Up

A few of us will be in town on the 26th June for the CJA course and plan on grabbing a few beers and watching the USA v Germany match in one of the bars close to Paddington. If you are in London, are a Mac sys admin (JAMF or not), and would like to s...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies Fail when Client has a Reported IP 192.x.x.x

Since upgrading to 9.32 any policy attempted from a device with a Reported IP that doesn't match IP Address fails with the following: An error occurred while running the policy "Install latest flash player plugin (14.0.0.125)" on the computer "sample...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors