Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed preferences available for use?

Hi folks, I see a lot of useful options in the "managed preferences" section but I really don't know if we can use them as I couldn't find a way to actually see if the policy will run. Apart from that I'm not able to add the policy to my dashboard. W...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Posting Policies with the Cocoa SDK

Hello, I have had a lot of success adding computers via the Cocoa SDK. I'm having some problems putting polices with it. I can get them with no problems. Perhaps someone here knows the answer? Here's how I'm sending the data. [commClient putWithURL:J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.3 NetBoot problems

First I will give the specifics of what I am running. Casper: 9.3OS: 10.9.3Server.app: 3.1.2System Image Utility: System Image Utility 2 (version 10.9.3) When I create a 10.9.3 NetBoot set on our 10.9.3 server, it fails once Casper Imaging starts. I ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partial Enrollment of some devices in DEP

I'm having a problem where some of my iOS devices enroll but do not complete the process. They get the MDM profile but do not get self service web clip or any other scoped profiles. In inventory, they look funny like this: http://i.imgur.com/baobiaE....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network devices messed up after imaging

Hi Folks, Recently I faced a peculiar issue when we imaged an old Macbook Pro (Mid 2009) using reference image which was captured using latest Macbook Pro model (Late 2013). Image got installed fine but it messed up all network devices. For e.g. LAN ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cloud Distribution Point using S3 - IAM restrictions

Hello all, Curious if anyone has successfully set up the cloud distribution point in S3 with account permissions that restrict the account to a single bucket as opposed to giving the jss account blanket access to all S3 buckets. Does the distro point...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper SDK Mobile Device Importer/ Exporter ?

This may seem like a dumb question, but very new to Casper's API. I downloaded the Casper SDK and found examples on how to import export data into or from JSS with CSV files, using scripts for computers only. Are there examples for mobile devices? We...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

This is a non-master JSS web application...

Hello, I sometimes need to throw a backup of our Casper production database into a dev environment to do some testing. However after installing JSS 9.32, I am getting an error "This is a non-master JSS web application. Upgrade your master web applica...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.32 dropped

http://resources.jamfsoftware.com/documents/products/documentation/Casper-Suite-9.32-Release-Notes.pdf  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auditing iPad usage

Is there any method to auditing iPad usage without jailbreaking the device? iOS seems to be very difficult when it comes to enterprise wide deployment. We need to track device usage and report the statistics to provide data when requesting purchases ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mass Mavericks upgrade - risk mitigation

I'm in the planning phase for using Casper to upgrade 800 machines to 10.9.x. Half of these are 10.6.8. Those of you that have gone down this rabbit hole already, can you comment on any unexpected results on the older machines and or other pre-planni...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login screen AD status light 10.9

This was a feature on 10.7 that helped our end users and my dept with login related issues. They have removed the network status light on 10.9 for AD, is there a way to get this back? I haven't found much info aside that it is only available for OD. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JSS Install: Windows or Mac Server?

We are beginning to contemplate purchasing Casper Suite. Documentation states JSS can be installed on either Windows Server or Mac OSX. My question is, what would the community recommend? Our enterprise server group is Windows only (but setting up a ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Sleep/Wake Login Issue

I am having an issue, and I am hoping someone here has seen it or has a fix. We use Centrify here to bind our Macs to AD.The issue we are seeing is once a user logs in, creates a profile. If the logout and put the computer to sleep, they cannot log b...  View more

• 59 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set a software required policy?

Hi all,I am wondering is there is a feature where I can make certain software required for a group op computers.No matter if they have been deployed or crashed and reinstalled? Now I can have a policy with an execution frequancy tot once a computer t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors