Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Enable additional FileVault 2 users via script

Hi all. We are having a Institutional Key infrastructure for our 10.9 clients. At the moment we are in the middle of a project to enable AD binding and logon. Some of this machines has a local account that is the same as there AD account is.During th...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imovie.app install

I have 30 macs that are running an older version of Imovie. If I pull out the Imovie.app from my mac and package it with a policy to deploy it on those 30 will it upgrade to the newer version? Has anyone tried this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Troubles + Inventory Not Updating

Hey all, I'm running into some issues with how Casper handles FileVault 2 encryption, and I'm hoping the community can provide some suggestions. I'll list them in order of which I'd like to get resolved first: Macs enrolled (either via Imaging or Qui...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

python-jss

Wanted to let everyone know about a python-jss module that I've been working on. I have been using it for policy auditing within our organization. I have also used it to refactor Allister Banks' excellent autopkg addon for importing packages to the J...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 4 kudos

Open Directory and JSS Question

Does anyone know how I would go about putting users into building / department by how they are setup in Open Directory? I tried setting the building and department field but that doesn't seem to flow over to JSS. Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FIREWALL ON / OFF depending on Network Condition

I am looking for a script or solution that turns OFF my user's laptops FW when they are in my network, and ON when they leave/unplug from it. I looked at "Network State" Policy that is cool when they are plugged in and check in, but what about when t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the JSS FQDN url

Hallo JAMFnation, Has any one changed their JSS FQDN name ?We are about to move from a Windows Server 2008 R2 to a CentOS 6 server and would like to use a splitdns with a different FQDN name. Does anyone have a checklist that i can use with the thing...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group for unmanaged devices

I see that there is no criteria in smart group for devices that are unmanaged aka they have been un-enroled or the user has removed the enrolment profile. I am wanting to create a smart group where I can set it up to send an email whenever someone ma...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server App and App Store Charge Reversal

This is not a Casper question but an urgent matter with a server has just come up. So I hope to pick the brains around here for a solution. I don't intend on routinely using this forum for non Casper questions but this matter is rather urgent. Severa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Mini Reliability

We took delivery of 8 mac mini servers a month ago now. Each of them is the 2x 1Tb configuration. I build them into casper distribution points and turned the drive pairs into a RAID 1 configuration. Really glad I did that. Two of the servers in produ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSP & Bash

I am trying to get the serial number to show up on self service but I am stuck on how to execute a bash command in java, any input would be get! Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Setup Issue

I cannot get the Netboot service to actually start, I have gotten rid of any spaces and underscores, only periods are left (10.9.3NetBoot.nbi). Currently the server has an ip of 10.21.1.230, 255.255.0.0, 10.21.1.1. The current subnet entries are as f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble adding LDAPS for AD

Good afternoon, I'm having trouble setting up LDAPS for authentication. I can bind other apps to Active Directory through LDAPS, and I think I have imported the certificate correctly, but am unable to get a successful test. Any ideas on help?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

schedule outlook script

we're moving from Exchange to O365. One of the challenges we face is deployment. At the moment we have a script that auto configures all accounts for us. What we need is a way to add in a scheduled script in outlook that does NOT amend or tamper with...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins June 2014 Meet Up

To All Sydney Mac Admins, Our next Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 25th of June. We have a booking at 6pm at Hart’s Pub, Corner of Essex & Gloucester St, The Rocks. Any one who has an interest in managing OS X or iOS is very welcome to come. You d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to see if iTunes is running

I simply want to check and see if iTunes is running, if it is -- do nothing, if it isn't -- custom trigger to update it. This seems to be working for everything I throw at it except iTunes. Looks like ps is picking up iTunesHelper even when iTunes is...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some users not reaching JSS

New to Casper. Finished enrolment today, everyone is onboard! However, I noticed while doing this that I have four users who refuse to connect. At first when enrolling, the quick add package would fail and report that they could not reach the JSS. [E...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where do you put your scripts?

Hi, Out of curiosity I'm wondering where on the disk you store your custom scripts? Is there a specific path that is preferred or used as best practise when it comes to deploying custom scripts?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to install multiple packages

Hey guys- I'm trying to use CasperAdmin/CasperRemote to install a group of packages all at once remotely. I have a .dmg file that contains 3 .mpkg files that need to be installed on multiple computers remotely. How can I do this using CasperRemote? -...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors