Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Tv

Im looking a a solution to help segment apple tvs in my buildings. We are a cisco shop and have tried bonjour gateway did not work as advertised. Right now all of our apple tvs connect to our 802.1x environment in the same VLAN as our workstations. W...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

LDAP Mappings - only dsAttrTypeNative?

I am working on mapping out information from AD into the LDAP server mappings in the JSS, and am wondering if only "dsAttrTypeNative" type data is able to be mapped. We have information in a dscl read of a user which is not listed as "dsAttrTypeNativ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC password

i need a script or managed preference to set the VNC viewer password under the sharing system pref. anyone got something i can use?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile Removed After Login

When I image a machine and login as local admin MDM Profile and everything shows up fine. After its binding to AD, I login as an AD user and then the MDM Profile and others are removed. Why is this happening and how do I stop it?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launching applescript .scpt at startup

I was wondering if it is possible for casper to launch a .scpt file after reboot. I've created an entire install script that sets up login hooks, tweaks settings, etc etc and need it to run after the initial reboot following the imaging process. Last...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9 "Migrate" button

We have been running Casper 9 for a while (we are currently at 9.31). Our database is the same one we moved to Casper 9 with from Casper 8. We never ran the migrate utility in Casper Admin because we couldn't predict how long it would take to ingest ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Payload Configuration Profile

Hi, We are experimenting with using a configuration profile to direct clients to our internal SUS server. We are trying to scope to some 10.8 machines and they are completely unavailable in the results (i.e they do not appear) . It seems the only mac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Collecting Email Address via AD

Hi, I have recently employed the following script to collect user info via AD, a script posted on these forums.#!/bin/sh loggedInUser=/bin/ls -l /dev/console | /usr/bin/awk '{ print $3 }' accountType=dscl . -read /Users/$loggedInUser | ?grep UniqueID...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID For Students bulk creation question?

Hello everyone, new user. So new Casper isn't even installed yet. I have a question. We are piloting iPads next year and i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to setup the workflow. Our pilot iPads will be assigned to the classroom and not to the in...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad cannot Enrol via URL or A.C Profile installation

Prior to this issue we have successfully enrolled 400 odd iPads using either method. On the iPad, go to correct ios enroll url, enter AD credentials, install the trust certificate after which the iPad is immediately redirected to the enrollment login...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Skype 6.0 with custom setting

Hi, Has anyone tried packaging Skype with custom settings? We are trying to package Skype 6.14(334) with custom settings. We require to disable automatic update, welcome screen. I manually unchecked the "Always keep Skype up to date" and deleted the ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.3 Netboot Image

Hey guys, I have created a 10.9.3 net boot image on a VM. It seems to work perfectly fine with any newer hardware (i.e anything that already comes out of the box with 10.9), however anything prior to 10.9 attempts to net boot but then just gets the p...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Banner size

Hello everyone. The login banner seems to fit into a uniformly sized box that scrolls if there is too much text for it. Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the size of this box so that scrolling isn't necessary? Thanks  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting SWF file association with Duti

Hi all, I have searched high and low without too many results. Basically I'm trying to set the file association for .swf files to the Adobe Flash Viewer application, rather than Safari. Duti seems to be the go, but I'm unsure of the Bundle ID and UTI...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No signature was present from computer ID

Hi all, I'm seeing this repeated in the JAMFSoftwareServer.log for a wide range of client IDs: [WARN ] [ntrollerSignatureVerifier] - Error verifying signature: No signature was present from computer ID: 1128 Does anybody know what this is? Thanks in ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot image with fixed system settings

Hello, I have been searchinga while for something that can do this, every time when i create a netboot image with SIU the system settings of the image i am creating the netboot from are lost.This image serves as a multi machine netboot for testing pu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud Preferences

I tried creating a preferences package for Adobe CC that has page / default colour / margin and lots more. The problem is that while taking snapshot using Composer, I try to launch Extension manager and enter the admin credentials, I expect composer ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes 11.2.1 Released

Looks like it addresses the Find my Mac hiding /Users issue from 11.2: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/itunes-11.2.1-fixes-hidden-users-folder-bug-restores-folder-visibility  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Distribution VPP vs Free Apps - iPads

I am trying to understand some App distribution workflows. Is anyone doing the following or something else with VPP Managed Distribution combined with free Apps. For VPP Managed Distribution:1) VPP Invitation - connects users iTunes account to VPP ac...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smarter Balanced Browser - Gatekeeper Exception

Hello all, With Smarter Balanced testing in full-swing, we took another look at the "requirement" to disable Gatekeeper functionality for this application to work. Since SBAC is not a signed application (shame on the developers), the guidance in the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Silverlight?

Hello,We are trying to update our Silverlight installs to 5.1.30317.0. In the past I would just download the DMG and pull out the Silverlight.pkg file. I would then rename the PKG to include the version number. In this case: Silverlight.5.1.30317.0.p...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and Configuration Profiles not working

Hello all. I haven't been using configuration profiles in the JSS for MacOS, but want to start - I think. I just finished reading through the documentation. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't get them to push to the computers. JSS: 8.73APNs c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Cleanup

Does anyone have a good way to clean up iPads at the end of the year? Mainly remove pictures/videos etc.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-map AD home drive on wake

Hi all,I am looking to re-map the AD home drive when a Mac wakes up. I have users that let their Macs go to sleep and when they wake, the home drive is disconnected. We have the "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location" che...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors