Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Upgrading from Casper 8.73/Lion

Hi guys, I'm thinking of upgrading my environment to Casper 9 on Mavericks (I really like the sound of the Caching Service). Main question is: Do I upgrade Casper first, and then OSX? Or OSX first and then Casper? Has anyone else done a similar upgra...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What do you use to sync documents?

I'm having an incredibly difficult time with HomeSync for all sorts of reasons. My exclusion rules that I set in Profile Manager don't get followed, it's generally slow and unreliable compared to our PC's... I could go on. What do you all use to sync...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing Macbooks without imaging.

Hello Everyone, Our school is about to deploy macbook air's to all incoming students. I am looking at during our distribution to be able to just hand the device unopened to the students and allow them to setup the device during a "bootcamp" session w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

More identity preferences woes

Does anyone know how to remove/delete an identity preference from the keychain by script? We set security identity preferences by: security set-identity-preference -s Now how would you delete one? the man page for security only specifies: set-identit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Smart Group

Has anyone created a smart group that includes JDS servers? I'm thinking I likely need to create an extension attribute that identifies those systems which have the jamfds.conf file on them (unless their is a easier way).  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

mount network share on user desktop script

I have tried a few different scripts to mount a network share on user desktop, When I run it inside terminal it works. When i use the script in casper it does not. Has anyone had any luck with this.#!/bin/bash mkdir /Users/$USER/Desktop/mnt mount -t ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault & Self Service

I've looked through several discussions including rtrouton post http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/managing-mavericks-filevault-2-with-fdesetup/, but i'm still scratching my head. All devices are encrypted with FileVault some with the JSS en...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.31: "View JSS Information" on by default

Unfortunately that gives users who now have [EDIT] site admin [/EDIT] access to that also have access to "Database Table Status" which is bad. Here is why...the dialog box users get when they hit "Database Table Status" button: "This is an intensive ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query; Failed Policy

I have a policy to trigger at 'check-in' with the execution frequency to run 'once per computer', I am curious to know if this policy fails to run appropriately (registers in the JSS as failed) will it know to run again or has it already registered t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd package deployment behavior

Hi guys, Got an odd issue here that driving me up the wall. I have a policy defined to update the Flash package on clients if it's out of date. The policy runs, but on about 75% of the clients it errors out with this: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.73 E...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java for OS X 2014-001?

Hello, JAMF people. In case you didn't notice, Apple released Java for Mac OS X 2014-001 today for 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572 The update contains Java 1.6 update 65, which was released by Oracle on 2013-10-15. This strik...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock & Screensaver Deployment Issues

Hello people of the nation, I am attempting to deploy a custom dock and also a custom screensaver provided by a third party company and am in need of a little help. First the dock, On a second machine, I captured a dock arrangement using Composer and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP issue with JSS hostname

Hi folks, Wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Client had registered their JSS with DEP but it was never going to work, as their JSS was not publicly exposed/it had a private .lan DNS hostname/URL. So, we changed the hostname, configured...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Mac OS Config Profiles.

Okay here's the scenario...I was wanting to create multiple config profiles to perform different tasks, and I am not sure if that is possible. As an example, lets say I want to limit where the students open their applications,(i.e. ) /Applications an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User template deployment problem

Hi Folks, I'm making progress working up to replacing our monolithic DeployStudio imaging with Casper. I'm having trouble with our custom User Template. In 10.9.3 the user template (for English speakers) is located at: /System/Library/User Template/E...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors