Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Junos Pulse Client Config

Anyone pushing out their VPN configurations with JAMF? I was planning to do this, but i'm not seeing a straightforward way of doing this. Figured there was a preference file that held the info. Looks like there is a file called connstore.dat that get...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Fail with multiple computers at same time

Hi to all... I have been doing some dev on our casper 9 server. All the testing works fine on 1-2 computers at the same time. We already have policies running on our 400 or so mac, no errors. I came down to test our new image and configuration on a f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with target disk mode imaging

I'm looking for some assistance in target disk mode imaging. I've got it to work correctly once, say I do a recovery option, erase the disk then start again and target disk mode works. Now using the options to re-image the partition if exists does no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Checking AD vs. Local User

I need an extension attribute to check if the logged in user (or any user) on a given machine is an AD user. We are trying to weed out users who are not authenticating against AD. We are using mobile accounts. Here is what I have at this point: #!/bi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Story

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a really cool story about an app that you have distributed using Self Service? Have you distributed an app (iOS or OS X, in-house or third party) via Casper Suite Self Service that has resulted in great results for your ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing JSS URL and DEP

We are in the process of planning to update the JSS URL to an external facing URL. The current setup is the JSS URL is setup as an internal server name that is on a non-Internet facing domain. We are trying to plan the easiest transition method for o...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Inventory Fails Randomly

We are new to Casper (Jumpstart last month and we have been recon'ing machines for the last week). We have our "Update inventory" policy set to run daily. We are getting about a 5% failure rate, and I am trying to figure out why.... The machines are ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles not applying

We're experiencing an issue with Configuration Profiles not applying consistently. I'm testing one configuration profile, which are contained in a Smart Group to two OS X Clients. According to inventory, they are set to apply, and one client receives...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Policies running twice?

I'm working on migrating over to Casper 9 and doing my final stages of testing, but I'm seeing some strange behavior with Self Service. It seems like my policies run twice... I click on "Install" and it runs the policy, then immediately runs it again...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying AnyConnect without the Web Security Module

Might anyone have any experience deploying AnyConnect 3.1+ using Cisco's installer but without the Web Security module? Cisco mentions something in their documentation regarding a configuration file for the installer named ACTtransforms.xml but I can...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot DNS issues

I'm sure this is something simple that I'm missing but I finally got a our Netboot server working. I can boot into the os and everything looks like it works except it's using the local host for DNS. I try changing it through Network Preferences to us...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming Schemes

We are thinking about changing our naming schemes for our school district computers, desktops and laptops. I was just seeing what everyone else does for their naming schemes. We manage about 4000 computer in 7 schools. Any input would be greatly appr...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.3 - Post-imaging hang at login window

Seeing an issue here with 10.9.3 - after imaging a machine with a very minimally configured base image and nothing else in terms of packages, the machine hangs at the login window. I built the image yesterday and had the problem, then built a new 10....  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Assignment to LDAP Groups

Scope for a VPP assignment is set to one or more LDAP groups by setting Target Users to All Users, then clicking on Limitations and selecting one or more LDAP user groups (in our case, Active Directory). The users in this group have been assigned to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to turn on Bonjour IM in Messages OS X?

I've been searching all over for info on this - is there any way to turn on the Bonjour instant messaging inside the Messages app in OS X via policy? There doesn't seem to be a man page for Messages, and I can't see any specific way of doing it remot...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd Post Image AD Login Issue

I have a new 10.9.3 configuration set up in Casper Admin and when imaging a machine with a clean install of 10.9.3, apps and running a few scripts, the config works 99%. Here is the issue I have: The computer binds to Active Directory properly but af...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS 7 Caper Imaging 9.3

I am able to NetBoot with the NetBoot.nbi on our 10.9.3 server to the JSS. However, when I try to grab the images from our JDS, I am getting the following error "There was a problem connecting to "myjds.mydomain.org". Check the server name or IP addr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying 802.1x Profiles

Hi, We’re having a lot of trouble trying to deploy a Configuration Profile for machine based wired 802.1x configuration settings using Casper. Sending the profile out as a Configuration Profile isn’t the preferred option for this as we would have to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Runtime 7 update 60 issue with Extension Attribute

Hey guys, I was updating my image recently and I decided to move to Java Runtime 7. I noticed that after I started using this, the Extension Attribute stops working, or rather it reports as not installed even though it is. This is the EA that I'm usi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors