Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Path of a package \ JDS

It took a while to find this information and I ultimately had to ask our JAMF Software Account Manager for it to help us troubleshoot some JDS issues. I figured I would share this since the office JDS documentation doesn't give this specific work flo...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

eduroam sign profile

Hi, How do you manage the Edoraum profile you need to connect on the Macs? Also, how to create a signed one with the Apple Developer ID? thanksCarmelo  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supervised vs. Unsupervised Devices

Right now we have students devices supervised by Apple Configurator and teachers devices unsupervised. We have just got DEP working, is there a reason why we do not want all devices (both students and teachers) supervised by JAMF? Should we keep it t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete Unused Application?

Hello,I am trying to figure out a way to delete an application if it has been unused. We have 100 or so licenses of iWork, that were purchased prior to bringing back MS Office. I would like to delete those instances of the iWork applications on those...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat Settings are blank?

I was troubleshooting the following two errors when I noticed that in my production environment (JSS v9.3), the Tomcat settings in the JSS are blank using the Built-in Certificate. Errors from when the Macs are failing to complete any policy or check...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot-Runner/Casper

can anyone help me find a video for this session please? http://www.jamfsoftware.com/news/session-dual-boot-configurations-with-os-x-and-windows/ thanks,  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DHCPd Error on CentOS 6.5

After clicking start on the netboot settings, this is what is written to the syslog. dhcpd: /etc/dhcpd.conf line 22: expecting hexadecimal number. dhcpd: option vendor-encapsulated-options 01:01:02:08:04:01:00:02:0E:80:17:61:66: dhcpd: /etc/dhcpd.con...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone uses Adobe Client ID in Enterprise?

Just wondered anyone uses Adobe Client ID in Enterprise? I mean users to allow access using their enterprise email as an Adobe Cloud ID. This allows users to install a copy to their home computer etc...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find My iPhone feature

Just wondering if there is a way to disable 'Find My iPhone' feature on ios devices using profiles or plist? I have seen a lot issues about cannot reactivate ios device after redeployment because find my iphone was not turned off by previous user - w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

jds behind nginx load balancer problem

Has anyone had any success setting up a jds behind a nginx load balancer. I'm seeing a lot of errors in /usr/local/jds/logs/jamf.log 661 ERROR Communication error with the JSS, 661 ERROR (60, 'server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delegate access based on region/country

Hi Folks, I'm new to Casper & gradually learning the stuff. So far so good. We are managing Macs spread across multiple regions/countries. I'm using Casper 9.22 version. My next challenge is to delegate access of Casper to Local IT guys so that they ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF sponsoring XWorld 2014 (Sydney)

The details about XWorld 2014 (Sydney) were recently announced. It's a good event. I'm glad JAMF sponsorship is helping make this conference happen. I'm sad I can't make it this year. http://auc.edu.au/xworld/sessions/  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: LinkedIn Unofficial JAMF Admins

I couldn't find a JAMF Users (besides regional) so I created a LinkedIn group for anyone who wants to connect. Unofficial JAMF (JSS) Admins https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=6702247  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS User Accounts & Groups

I need some help. I have tried using Standard & LDAP Users and Groups but I can't figure out how to give an account Admin privileges in one Site and Auditor privileges in other sites. I am running Casper 9.31. Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Power User using the security command

I have been wanting to update my “Power User” https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5666 script for some time now to leverage the “security” command. Using the info from Rich Trouton's http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/mana...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

20 Macs remote login

I have 20 macs that I need to turn on remote management and remote login, When we gave it to the teachers I think they were turned off. Thanks  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchDaemon questions

I'm trying to make the transition from DeployStudio monolithic imaging to Casper imaging (both thin and not). Part of our normal monolithic image with DeployStudio are some LaunchDaemons that live in /Library/LaunchDaemons. I have a couple of questio...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Sleep/Restart/Shut Down on Apple Menu

I'd like to set a Configuration Profile or policy on my Mac mini servers to grey out or hide the Sleep, Restart, and Shut Down options on the Apple Menu (login window too, but I think I already know how to do that part). The purpose to this is to for...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Popup Error Message - Unapproved Caller

Hello, I have a net boot image of 10.9.3 - it seems to be working for the majority of hardware that we have to support. However i have seen first hand it failing on a macbook air. The net boot image is about to load up and I get a pop up window which...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad Enrollment fails

I send invitation to enroll staff ipads but on one the mdm profile won't load. An ideas? We use jamfcloud as the hosting agent  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force logout via command line

Hello - I am looking to force a logout as part of my Filevault self-service policy configuration. I have done some research and have not found a straightforward way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors