Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Logout script does not run on logout

Hi all,I'm fairly new to the Casper suite. I have a script that removes alle user homefolders that contain a number in their names at logout and generates a logfile.I have set it by a policy with (Trigger logout). It does execute fine every checkin w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Migration Question

What exactly does "Resolve Conflicts Using LDAP", "Use Email Address for Blank Usernames" and "Resolve Conflicts Using Latest info" do? I press each and JSS works for a moment then goes right back to the same conflict page. Anyway to mass enter usern...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NSURLErrorDomain error on PreStage Enrollment

Hey all, We just got a shipment of iPads in, and these will be the first ones to use the PreStage Enrollment through JSS and DEP from Apple. Unfortunately I get this error when I try to enroll a device "NSURLErrorDomain error -1012". Has anyone else ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service App / Bundles / AppleScriptObjC

Quite Simply, we are looking to start expanding our use of custom bundles within the Self Service App. However, Cocoa skills within the team are sadly lacking. However, there's a healthy number of us that know AppleScriptObjC / Plain AppleScript quit...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins May 2014 Meet Up

To All Sydney Mac Admins, Our 4th Meeting of the year is scheduled for Tuesday 20th May. We have a booking at 6pm for the Fulton Room at Hart’s Pub, Corner of Essex & Gloucester St, The Rocks. If you manage Macs or iOS devices, come along and meet yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP - User was Retired

We've got about 100 staff with iPads that need VPP-purchased apps assigned to them. We use the on-screen prompt to invite the staff member, at which point they sign in (or input their password) and accept the terms and conditions. So far only two sta...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting to SSID via post install script

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out with an issue that I'm running into. I've recently compiled a new Mavericks image (AutoDMG) and threw a post install script on top of it. For some reason I cannot get our clients to join the specified SSI...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Upgrade via Caper Imaging

After lots of searching and testing its time to turn to the Nation. We have our Mavericks upgrade working perfectly via Self Service with cached installers and a policy but I can't get an OS upgrade to work properly in Casper Imaging with a Configura...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting errors running recon on a specific computer.

I've searched for this error on here and on google and couldn't find anything related to the specific error. I was having trouble installing the Quickadd package either from the URL or using the one created from the Recon app. It would fail on the re...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fun with AppleScriptObjC

aka "ASOC". Because if you are familiar with AppleScript, and wanted to do more, but don't have the time to immerse yourself into Objective-C, ASOC is a good bridge. Unlike the late, strange AppleScript Studio, (bearer of the worst acronym of any App...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS or File Share Distribution Point

I am about to set up a JDS structure so that I can take advantage of the selective replication option that's available. Here's what is killing me and I need to know if there's a better way. JDS can only offer selective replication if there is a JDS m...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks, CS6, and Java

Has anyone figured out a way to get CS6 to run on 10.9 with Java 7? I don't want to install Java 6 since updates for it are no longer publicly available. When I attempt to open Illustrator, Dreamweaver, or Flash I get the error, "To open Flash you ne...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

COnfig Profiles preferences

I'm not super familiar with how config profiles work. Do they layer on top of each other, or does each config profile need to include the settings from the other? For Instance - if I want a config profile to restrict the app store, I create one. Then...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force quite all applications when logging out

Hi - We have created a Managed Preference to auto log out of computers after 10 minutes of inactivity. Issue is that when the student walk away they usually leave an application open. I want to force quite those apps (usually MS Office apps) then aut...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP and Supervised Devices

Hi, From what I have read it seems a mobile device has to be supervised in order for VPP to work properly, however, in my testing I have been able to assign and revoke apps to devices that are not supervised. Has anyone else had experience with this ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging root user or LaunchDaemon on NetBoot?

Hi All, Does Casper Imaging need to be run as the root user? Or can it be running it under root via a LaunchDaemon? I'm possibly looking at recreating something like the NetBoot Image Creator.. Something that will spit out a .nbi from an AutoDMG imag...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling App Store on students iPads

Hi Guys,Our students' iPads are supervised, we want to disable the App Store and wants to route them in-house to install the App Sotre apps. I found this article https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=3945 but it doesn't mentioned tha...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Enrolment Program (DEP)

hi Guys,Is it correct that DEP has not yet been launched in Australia. The account we use to login into VPP portal from the same account we can login to deploy.apple.com and we downloaded the .vpptoken which is working fine and has added Users tab in...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dedicated MySQL server

We're looking at moving our JSS DB to a dedicated MySQL server (from a local OS X installation) but there's no real information about the implications of this, or what exactly we'd need to change within tomcat to point to the new DB. Would we be look...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto DMG Issues

Using AutoDMG to come up with a clean 10.9.2 base OS. Also using CreateUserPkg to create the machine's local administrator - big fan of both except for one issue. After machine is imaged I am unable to allow access under Remote Management for my loca...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Lock to Safari or Web Clip

Is it possible to use an App Lock setting in a Configuration Profile for an iOS device to lock it to Safari? What application Bundle ID should we use? We tried "com.apple.Safari" but that did not seem to work.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash script help needed

Hello, I need to uninstall some old McAfee agents that are in my environment still after adding newer version to build process. Below is what I was hoping would work but I get a syntax error when I test. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. #!...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors