Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP, Managed VPP and Enforcement

We have 1573 ipads in our school district. Over the last 4 years we have been using the totally unsupported, "Shared-Apple ID across many ipads" deployment method. After briefing most of my schools on the DEP, Managed VPP and Under-13 Apple ID progra...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snapz Pro alternatives and experience with TechSmith

Greetings all, Currently in the process of justifying a switch to SnagIt from Snapz Pro to the boss. With offices in different time zones and no technicians, manually activating anything is a pain in the rear to do and to maintain. And it's 2014, peo...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest account on laptop cart MacBooks

I have about 150 white unibody MacBook laptops that we use on portable carts in our elementary schools. I am trying to image them with OS X 10.6 to auto login with the Guest account. We really only need them for 1 application and web access (testing ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus

Casper Focus is not showing all the apps installed on my iPhone or iPad. Any suggestions would he highly appreciated.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SNMP Primer

So, since I don't have a website anymore, I PDF'd the SNMP primer I'd written a while ago. It's not changed much, snmp's a pretty stable protocol. I figured this was the group worth going through the trouble for. Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/s/l573...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Backup

We're setting up an instance of Casper Suite, and figuring out which pieces we need to backup. We've found the documentation for backing up the JSS component, however we're having challenges figuring out what we need to backup, in order to recover th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reimage

I have created a Netboot image that will reimage my MacAir's from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. That is about the extent of my abilities.These computers are 2013 MacBook Airs and am running JSS Version 9.31I will be giving the same computers back to th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New iWork/iLife Updates (Mavericks)

How is everyone deploying the new updates to iLife and iWork? We've successfully deployed the suites on all of our user machines (after downloading it on our imaging machine using a department Apple ID), however the updates prompt for that Apple ID p...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

SLOW imaging via AFP

I am dealing with slow/disconnecting performance via Casper Imaging. Often the connection drops or crawls along at 4-12MB/s. Here are some specifics that may help: JSS 9.3 running on a OS X Server 3.1.1 Mid 2011 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.2Distribution Point...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO install.sh changed, now won't work.

Hello all. I had a McAfee installer that installed both the ePO and EPM via a package to the /tmp directory, then ran a post flight script to install them on the system. All of a sudden it seems like the package won't work anymore. I can run the comm...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers being renamed to localhost

Hi Everyone, Has anyone seen an issue where computers get renamed to "localhost" on 10.9.2 and the latest version of the JSS? I saw this thread here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5078, but I'm not sure it still applies. The ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Search, Advanced Information at overview

Hello Jamf Community, I wanted to ask if there is a way to display, for example, Usernames or other attributes in the JSS computer search overview. E.G, if you look for all computer objects, without any definitions, it would be great to display the u...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificate Trust Question

Hey all:We are on an 802.1x network and pretty soon our client certificates are expiring and we need to cut over to new ones. I am trying to accomplish the cutover without any interruption to service. GlobalSign is our certificate authority. Our syst...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Setup

Can someone tell me what to do after we have the DEP setup? We have created the PreStage Enrollments, not sure what the next step should be? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

REALLY odd issue with SMB CIFS Shares

So here's an odd one. We have some offsite shares created on VNX servers created as just cifs shares. Whenever I mount these shares (which use AD credentials to provide permissions), they mount but show up totally empty, until I drag and drop somethi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jailbreak device detection

Sensitive and already open discussion on many occasions, but I think essential to really manage the deployment of iPhones in a commercial society and the associated business risks. Since the removal of the detection jailbreak detection in iOS API's, ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing variables in script

i have a script that creates a few scripts on the users computers.and one of the scripts seems to pull the variable out of the script. any idea how to fix this? This is what i write: #Creates the script that the Launchd will call to make the popup ec...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Configurations

As we prepare for our arrival of new macs next month, wiping/rebuilding current machines as well as the update process for our students and faculty this summer, I am building a new 10.9.2 Configuration in Casper Imaging very much the way we did for l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to manage printing preset?

Hello, I would like to manage the printing preset of my computer. I found that if I copy the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.print.custom presets.plist from the computer model to the new one it work. But it don't work from a 10.6 to a 10.9 OS. I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage Enrollment Process

I overall seem to have gotten the DEP process to work, but I'm unsure of some things here 'n' there because I've gone about it more haphazardly than usual. Here's what I've done: Add iPad serial via DEP website In Prestage Enrollment I've edited the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCXtoProfile

Does anyone have a copy of this I can download? I have no access to Git at my job.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles - How to redeploy after reimaging

Being admittedly a bit new to working with configuration profiles, one glaring issue has recently come up for me for which I'm not sure of a solution. It seems that if a profile was previously installed on the computer, Casper does not redeploy it af...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script at Login Issue

Hey Guys How does one deploy a script at user logon per user but only once or is it better to push it out as a script that is deployed on a machine level. Essentially were working with a ChromeSSO script and we want all macs and users current and fut...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keynote 6 and iPhoto 9.5

Hi There, New to Casper. As more and more apps are released via the app store, it feels less obvious how best to deploy applications like Keynote 6 and iPhoto 9.5 via Casper. Has anyone been able to successfully package these two apps? Should one jus...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS 9.31 Linux installer getting stuck

Has anyone else noticed that the 9.31 JDS Linux installer gets stuck at 'creating JDS directory structure'? # ./JDS-Linux-Installer-9.31.run Verifying archive integrity... All good.Uncompressing JDS Installer..........Starting the JDS InstallationChe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors