Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Force logout via command line

Hello - I am looking to force a logout as part of my Filevault self-service policy configuration. I have done some research and have not found a straightforward way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Contents of script asking for admin password.

We have a script that we are trying to allow a user to run without having the need to input admin credentials. Basically the script checks for a valid IP on Ethernet and if it finds it, it shuts off WiFi and exits. If it doesn't see a valid IP on Eth...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airprint Help

We have a Macbook at each VLAN broadcasting some printers so staff and students can print from iPads. However, printers don't always show up on the iPads. Sometimes "Reset Network" on the iPad or just rebooting the Mac helps but not all that often. A...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Memory issue when running Casper Imaging

Anyone else experiencing memory issues on their server when running Casper Imaging? We are using a mid 2012 Mac Mini with OS X with 16 GB of RAM. Casper is at 9.31, OS X 10.9.3 and server app at 3.1.2. When imaging a machine the memory usage on the s...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Archive Script for Outlook 2011 for MAC

Hello Jamf Nation, I wanted to as if anybody has a script, that can be used to autoarchive Emails in Outlook 2011 for Mac. Do you have any suggestions if it is possible somehow like this?: tell application "Microsoft Outlook"activateset msgSet to cur...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging & Winclone Partition Image

HI All, i need some advise on using winclone image on Casper Imaging. I am following the instruction on this link.https://twocanoes.com/winclone/support/using-jamf-casper-suite-and-winclone-pro-to-image-a-lab-of-dual-boot-macs But it doesn't show me ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP AD SECURITY GROUP - SMART GROUP WORK AROUND

With my school's active directory we use a user creator system, which imports data that has been exported out of our student management system, and creates the users AD account, Password, security groups for their class enrolment and other AD user fi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not write to /Library/JSS/Tomcat/conf/server.xml

We've run into a couple of issues and we're not sure if they're related. Our JSS is version 8.73 and it's running on OS X 10.6.8. First, our Tomcat Website Certificate has gone blank and says Self Signed. If we try to click the link "Replace with cer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iSCSI on the Mac

I know this is a non-JAMF question, but figured this is probably the best place to go for knowledgeable SysAdmins. We are going to be expanding one of our remote sites and are looking at local storage options at that site. At first we were planning t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Booting to OS X from Windows once

Hey guys, Has anyone ever tried to boot from Windows to OS X only on the next boot using a command line? From OS X to Windows is [sudo bless --device /dev/disk0s4 --legacy -setBoot -nextonly"] and from Windows to OS X permanently is [c:progra~1Bootca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No name in JSS

Hey all, We are seeing a few machines that are coming up as "No name" when imaged (nothing filled out in inventory). Sometimes a recon will work while other times I get some certificate error, and I have to enroll it manually to fix it. This is a pro...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome and Kerberos Single Sign On

Hello - I am configuring Chrome to use kerberos to single sign on to my workplace home page but it isn't working.We do not want to use MCX due to previous issues using them in our environment. I have set the whitelist domains using:sudo defaults writ...  View more

• 40 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos Ticket Issues - Bind to AD using Centrify

I posted this comment/question on another discussion - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4080, but don't think it will get any response because that discussion has been resolved. We have an issue where if our users restart their ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to add password for encrypted volume to keychain

Thought I'd share this for anyone who might find it useful. We have users whose FileVault2-encrypted Macs are backed up with Time Machine to un-encrypted external hard drives. This kind of destroys the point of securing the data on the internal drive...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Search autorun data

Does anyone know if this is stored locally where it can be accessed through an extension attribute? I would like to be able to search which machines have what autorun data set. For example a smart group that shows all machines set to run a certain im...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Adium & SIPE for Office 365

Okay, so I'm going to guess that there are some folks out there that have users on Adium using the SIPE plugin as a Lync client replacement. We've had things working fine with Adium 1.5.9 and SIPE version 1.16.1 (and some using SIPE version 1.18.1) f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging fusion or SSD drives with Casper 9

I know there probably has been a defect already open for that... but is there anybody who got to thin image fusion or SSD drives properly ? As soon as i try to thin image those drives casper imaging just goes straight through my packages like if it w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group : The Threequel

All, We are in the final stages of securing space for the 3rd Meeting of the NYC Metro JAMF User Group. As of now it's looking like it will be the week ending June 28th, and most likely on Thursday June 26th. As soon as that is locked up, we will ope...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors