Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Mac OS X 10.9.3

Looks like Apple finally released a version of 10.9.3 to non-beta users. http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/15/apple-releases-os-x-10-9-3-software-update-with-improved-4k-display-support-contacts-and-calendar-syncing-improvements-more/http://www.macrumors.co...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Illustrator CS6 security hotfix

Today I am wearing the Patch Management hat, and I don't like it a bit. Being asked to deploy the Illustrator CS6 security hotfixhttp://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/illustrator/apsb14-11.html. I don't actively manage Photoshop or Illustrator, bu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchDaemon that doesn't seem to launch

I'm trying to make the switch from a monolithic workflow with DeployStudio to a packaged workflow with Casper, both thin and not. ;) With DS, I used admin autologin and a login script to execute tasks that need to happen on the first boot after DS ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP and Enterprises (Non-education sector)

I'm trying to get the company to get into this VPP solution from Apple, but I have a feeling one of the road blocks I'm going to run into is Legal and ownership of the applications. I'm curious how others have addressed this. We currently lock down t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks server caching and Self service

Have been setting up software caching servers on our network. Have set one Mac Mini server to cache on our wireless subnet that all our iPads operate on. Have ticked the "Cache content only for local networks" option as I have another Mac Mini on our...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

system image

I am creating a system image one for 10.6 and one for 10.5. What is the best way to make sure it can boot on all Macs. Is there a file that I can get ride of before creating the package.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service and Onelogin/Okta/Meldium

Anyone using any of these cloud app identity management products and integrating it with self-service in any way? I'm thinking it would be cool to have the list of apps in a URL plugin on the side and be able to launch into a browser and automaticall...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Removing User Level Configuration Profile

I've recently create a 2 configuration profiles (user level & computer level) to lock down certain features per our security & compliance needs. I scoped the profiles to a device group which contains devices running 10.8 and 10.9. Yesterday i receive...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Training Boston

Where in Boston does this usually take place at? I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost my job to send me to this. I need to look for a hotel etc.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to display IMEI info?

I can see where to search for it in an Advanced Search, but how do I just display that info? Didn't see a choice in Inventory Display. I'm running 9.3. Thanks!Brian  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update your Extension Attributes - Often

Hi fellow JAMFNationers. I wanted to introduce a project I've been working on after hours to help address a specific need for some of you here in the JAMF community.I've developed a method of being able to update Extension Attribute values in a compu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Logon Delays After Installing Casper Client?

We're running JSS 9.3 (new installation) on a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM and using ARD to push out a QuickAdd installer we created in Recon. We're pushing this out to clients just to get them into Casper so that we can start organizing our machines in...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout script does not run on logout

Hi all,I'm fairly new to the Casper suite. I have a script that removes alle user homefolders that contain a number in their names at logout and generates a logfile.I have set it by a policy with (Trigger logout). It does execute fine every checkin w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Migration Question

What exactly does "Resolve Conflicts Using LDAP", "Use Email Address for Blank Usernames" and "Resolve Conflicts Using Latest info" do? I press each and JSS works for a moment then goes right back to the same conflict page. Anyway to mass enter usern...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NSURLErrorDomain error on PreStage Enrollment

Hey all, We just got a shipment of iPads in, and these will be the first ones to use the PreStage Enrollment through JSS and DEP from Apple. Unfortunately I get this error when I try to enroll a device "NSURLErrorDomain error -1012". Has anyone else ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service App / Bundles / AppleScriptObjC

Quite Simply, we are looking to start expanding our use of custom bundles within the Self Service App. However, Cocoa skills within the team are sadly lacking. However, there's a healthy number of us that know AppleScriptObjC / Plain AppleScript quit...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins May 2014 Meet Up

To All Sydney Mac Admins, Our 4th Meeting of the year is scheduled for Tuesday 20th May. We have a booking at 6pm for the Fulton Room at Hart’s Pub, Corner of Essex & Gloucester St, The Rocks. If you manage Macs or iOS devices, come along and meet yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP - User was Retired

We've got about 100 staff with iPads that need VPP-purchased apps assigned to them. We use the on-screen prompt to invite the staff member, at which point they sign in (or input their password) and accept the terms and conditions. So far only two sta...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting to SSID via post install script

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out with an issue that I'm running into. I've recently compiled a new Mavericks image (AutoDMG) and threw a post install script on top of it. For some reason I cannot get our clients to join the specified SSI...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Upgrade via Caper Imaging

After lots of searching and testing its time to turn to the Nation. We have our Mavericks upgrade working perfectly via Self Service with cached installers and a policy but I can't get an OS upgrade to work properly in Casper Imaging with a Configura...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors