Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Hiding Management Account

I have a local admin account on several machines that are also the management account on those machines as well. Is there a way after the fact that I can go back in and hide them? I can't seem to find a policy setting or script that will do that. We ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Payload Incorrect

On the JSS Under Configuration Profiles I have a Security and Privacy payload for Gatekeeper set to Mac App Store and Identified Developers and a check box in Allow users to change password. When the Configuration Profile comes in it is incorrect, it...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

amanda.wulff is a rockstar!

I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks @amanda.wulff! Perhaps I've only recently come across her discussions and solutions but thread after thread you're there ahead of the rest! Thanks Amanda! P.S> I can't believe how long it took me to realiz...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd Package & DeployStudio

Does anyone else use the QuickAdd package to enrol the machine using DeployStudio without any problems? I created a simple workflow, name the machine, skip registration and install the QuickAdd package created from Recon. For some reason I can't seem...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator to manage apps

One of our school sites currently has 15 carts of 30 iPads. Each cart has it's own MBP. Apple Configurator is not currently used to supervise iPads (which we would like to do) or deploy/manage apps. The teachers are currently using iTunes to sync the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX for chrome not taking effect.

So I'm trying to get a setting changed in chrome via JSS, but I'm running into some issues. First off, I had an issue importing manifest into the console, but was able to get that taken care of. Now, I'm having the issue that the setting is not being...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database util on a headless Linux server?

Is anybody doing this? If not, how are you getting around it (that is, backing up your database on a schedule)? I'm hitting a wall trying to access the db utility on a headless Linux server. I think it boils down to trying to X11 & sudo-ing the java ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS Setup instructions

Does anyone have a well documented guide on how to setup HTTPS on the DP for the CasperShare, We have had so many problems with SMB and I really don't want to go back to AFP so I want to try HTTPS.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Losing permission to file share

I have a user on 10.9.2 connecting via ethernet and cifs protocol to a share in which she has r/w and after her computer falls asleep she loses her write permissions. If she reconnects to the share permissions are correct. Connecting to share from a ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with departments and multiple devices.

Hello all, We have multiple users with multiple mobile devices. However, we have one user with 2 (iphone/iPad) mobile devices which will only allow us to assign a single mobile device to a department. If we assign their iPhone to a department, it wil...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update docks for only new users

Hi Everyone, We are getting ready to roll out casper here to our new users, but aren't going to re-image existing machines. I'm scoping policies in such a way that software will get installed if it needs to and have pretty much got the hang of that. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy doesn't run

Greetings,I looked through the discussions, but can't find anything quite like this. If it's been answered before, I apologize. Please point me in the right direction.I have a Casper 9.24 server and a policy set to run at startup, login, or logout.Wh...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem logging into NetSUS on RHEL

First attempt here installing NetSUS on Red Hat and am stuck just getting into the web interface for initial configuration. (honestly, I've only seen RHEL twice- yesterday and today!) Following the user guide, installation went fine. On the server, h...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xprotect and X.9

Looks Like Xprotect has changed in X.9. Anybody have any updated info. It looks like the date was pulled out of the .plist so the EA to get the status has to change. I am also looking for a way to force the update to the current version. Like sudo /u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Wallpaper - the bash version

Where I work has two separate desktop background policies: a standard one for all people and a custom one for certain departments. 10.9 really threw some spanners in the works when Apple shifted from MCX to their sqlite3 database to control this. How...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 2 kudos

fdesetup, plists, and generating FV2 keychains

Already asked Rich T about this on twitter, but I thought I'd post here as well . . .I'm working on enabling filevault using the fdesetup command and a plist with a certificate embedded to create an institutional recovery key.Normally when using an i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile to Install Network Payload

Here is my senario. We are using Casper to push a Config profile which has 3 portions inside of it. 1) CA Cert2) User Cert3) Network Payload - Wifi Setup Our issue is not with 1 or 2, it is with three. If we remove the network/wifi portion of the Con...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AudioDevice not scriptable?

Good morning all,Has anyone able to script AudioDevice? I have a simple script to change the input and output source using "Audiodevice". #!/bin/sh # Outputspeaker.sh # /usr/local/bin/audiodevice output "WavTap" In Terminal, it works without a proble...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors