Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD User Login Delay (Mavericks)

One of our technicians just pointed out an issue that I have yet to confirm is limited to Mavericks. The issue is that upon logging in with an Active Directory user account, the computer will hang with a prompt which states, "Updating managed setting...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forward Port 80 to 8443

I'm wondering if it is possible to forward port 80 to 8443 in Tomcat. I'd like to be able to hand out a simpler JSS address to our tech departments and lose the requirement of appending :8443 to the end of the address. Is this possible with a connect...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local account is being created with AD UID

Hello Everyone, We are currently working on a script to migrate local accounts to mobile accounts. The machine I am testing with is now creating my local account with my Active Directory UID but the machine is not currently bound. Does anyone know wh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9 and WebHelpDesk Asset Discovery

Has anyone successfully setup Casper 9 and WebHelpDesk Asset Discovery? I am on JSS 9.3 and WHD 12.1.0 I have my ports open on the firewall on my internal network but I keep getting an error message. One is "Time out while attempting to connect to ht...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Preference Panes being applied to Root

JSS 9.24, OS X 10.9.2 We install our config profiles via script (i.e., create and download from the JSS and use /usr/bin/profiles to install). When doing this, the restricted pref pane gets applied to root and, unlike our management admin account, ro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 1.5 losing Supervision Records

Working on a MacAir with A.C 1.5 installed PRIOR to this, I was testing supervising and a deployment process on 5 iPads in Configurator. I supervised, installed apps etc on these 5 iPads then had a meeting where my macair went to sleep multiple times...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling ARD kills all remote access

My team uses Apple Remote Desktop, but I'm using Casper 8.73 to image several machines in a small project. When I use Casper Remote to log into a newly imaged machine I turn on ARD in Sharing, and as soon as I log out the machine becomes unresponsive...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall mysql and reinstall...and mysql 5.7

I am sure this has been addressed prior, but do not see anything in my searches... How / where, to Completely uninstall mysql and databases, and reinstall mysql, step by step. On a test server, OS X Server, 10.9.2 Also, can we use the new supposedly ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaged installing Self service JSS 9.3

Anyone seeing errors creating new packages with Composer 9.3 and using Casper admin 9.3 and deploying packages with Self Service? I created several new updated packages uploaded them to Casper Admin then updated the policy and I am seeing the followi...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock Wacom Tablets in System Preferences

I've tried any and every manner of method to unlock the System Preference for the 3rd party pane of Wacom Pro tablets. It's ranged from variations on this: #!/bin/sh security authorizationdb write system.preferences allow security authorizationdb wri...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem installing MDM profile

I set up a lab, Casper 9.3 on Win2012. All the JSS and network requirements for profiles are meet, verified and in place, as best I can tell. First test profile, computer level, never makes it to the Mac. JAMF log shows: "jamf[6182]: Problem installi...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Autodesk Maya

Anyone ever tried packaging Maya as part of Autodesk's Entertainment Creation Suite? Judging by the lack of posts, i'm guessing people may have given up in disgust. Thanks to some pretty intense googling today, i've come up with this. Full credits gi...  View more

• 100 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper imaging strange behaviour....

Hi... i have my mac pro server running mavericks... casper 9.3. Netboot working, base image done and working. my problem comes when im trying to deploy DMG or packages from configurations in casper imaging. my mac going through net boot... then erase...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove unnecessary updates

Hi All, we've just recently implemented Casper Suite. All of our systems are on Mavericks. Is there an easy way to remove pre-mavericks updates in "Software Update" since those are not applicable to the environment? i.e. we probably don't need "Mac O...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus

I am running JSSv8.72. Focus v9.30. I can get kids enrolled so that they show up in the classes (devices are shown in Focus app). On the sidebar though, it doesn't say Websites and eBooks. Is there a piece I'm missing? Do I have to do something withi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Reset in Self-Service

Hello, We use AD to manage all user accounts in our University. As many of you know, the Keychain can be a bit problematic when syncing with a Password Reset. Many of our Mac users will reset there AD password trough our Password reset site, which ca...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 - Native AD Plugin Discussion

I am looking for everyone's thoughts, opinions, gotchas or other notable experience with the native AD directory service plugin on 10.9. We currently use a third party plugin which we have some fairly extensive MCX policies scoped as GPO's in our AD ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Mcafee Endpoint Protection 2.1.0

So I am very rusty at scripting, and I am tasked with pushing Mcafee Endpoint Protection 2.1.0 to our Mac systems using Casper. So I have the default installation script the McAfee administrator gave us, but the script requires user input in order to...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing non iOS student Machines

Just hoping to maybe find some help with managed preferences.Working in a High School with profiles for Staff/Students and student groups, Im curious to see what others feel is successful.I am working on the image for the upcoming school year. Hoping...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft User Data - exclude from syncing

Looking for input and insight on best practices for handling the "Microsoft User Data" folder. We have network accounts and sync the users documents folder but I am concerned about corrupting the Outlook 2011 database. I know in the Windows world it ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Methods for Backing up user data at imaging

Good morning, So my University is new to JAMF and we are trying to find a more effective method of backing up user data (preferably when we are imaging the computer). Each user is granted a share drive where they can store data. An example path would...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors