Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

App Store Debug Menu: gone in Mavericks?

In Mac OS X 10.9.3, I am unable to enable the Debug menu. I use the command, but the Debug menu does not show up. Sanity check question. Has the command to enable it been changed, is it gone, or something else? Should not make a difference, but I hav...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Homes

I'd like our users to be able to mount the following home directory automatically via SMB after binding to AD: smb://servername/share//osx Their Windows home area is essentially: smb://servername/share/ Is there a way to do this using dsconfigad (wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brand New Machines and imaging problem

In my environment I have a brand new machine come in. I immediately netboot it and image with a configuration that consists of all the apps to lay over the top of the installed OS that came with the machine. I have some applications install and then ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App "stuck" in Self Service

I apologize in advance if this issue has been dealt with in a different discussion. I'm running JSS 9.4.rc3 and have an iPad with an app "stuck" in Self-Service. The progress indicator spins but the app doesn't get installed. I've removed the device ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename User Account

Hello, I have created a policy to push a local account to all of our enrolled computers. I have labled the Username and Full Name as "Student". The issue is that our students can not go into that account and change the name to their name. After speak...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pull info from AD into AppleScript

Hi all,I've got the bones of an AppleScript that pulls in info to update the Outlook ME Contact Below I have what's working and what's not as far as dscl queries. I tried all different kinds of dscl commands I've found on the forum but these are not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to remove Admin Access

I am looking for a script to remove admin access on 100 machines that are using AD accounts. We have a local admin that I want to remain, and be the only admin. Any ideas?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement iPad and DEP Recognition

We had an iPad replaced through GSX repair, but when we tried to get the new device into our DEP, we had no luck. We reached out to Apple as well but the only answer we got was that they are aware of it, and they are working on it. Was wondering if a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default PreStage for DEP Devices

Is there any way to setup a default "PreStage Enrollment" for devices purchased and automatically assigned via DEP to the JSS? I would like to have this process as hands-off as possible. I already have the DEP assign newly purchased devices to our JS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles for Dummies

Hey, all. So, I'm somewhat new to Configuration Profiles. However, I've been told that MCX is going away and isn't a very good choice for pushing out Managed Settings. I was wondering if anyone had a "For Dummies" guide on how to prepare, set up, and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

api for gsx to php website

hello i am new here want to confrim does any exe create that can mange 10 gsx acct because i saw apple gsx 1.3.0.2 using that exe for api to php website and 1 acct close after checking 100 imei  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing OS X MDM Profiles in System Preferences

I've been busy deploying a set of JSSs, one JSS for each of my clients. With one JSS I have encountered an issue that I have not encountered with the others. What is happening is the OS X enrollment in the JSS seems to be working properly except the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID Not Sticking on iPad (4th Gen)

Has anyone else noticed that new iPads are not retaining the Apple ID entered during setup (into Settings > iTunes & App Store). Though this is not directly related to JAMF, it is crippling my workflow (as configuration file on JAMF is stopping users...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Setup is Being Skipped

I have 400 devices that are being setup, (they have already been setup in DEP) - 98% of them go through the process as expected, and work great. However, a few of them are in DEP, are setup in Pre-Stage Enrollment, but continually skip over the DEP e...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurator enrollment URL not working

I'm hitting a brick wall with the configurator URL. I have "Allow Apple Configurator enrollment" enabled. I'm configuring the correct URL (i.e. using my server URL, rather than the one given in the example on the page). The process seems to go fine d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN Payload not being delivered to iOS

I am using an MDM profile in Casper to push some configs to iPads. I am testing a new config which would include per-app VPN config. When I deploy it though it gives me an error on the device saying 1 failed command: The VPN service “com.apple.vpn.ma...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf scripts using defaults write

Hi, I have a DMG installed by policy that places files on a machine. However I need to use defaults write to edit the .plist file to point to the location of my script. The .plist is for use with launched. Can anyone tell me if there is a cached vers...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerTeacher 2.8 and new Gradebook

Class is going to start real soon. Our Ed-tech dept. requested to add the new Gradebook to Casper as a policy and to Deploy to all Teachers. I downloaded the DMG file from PowerTeacher and I noticed that it has installer.app inside the DMG. Anybody h...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block/Disable Local Login Keychain storage permanently

We maintain passwords via a larger AD userbase, and I am now thinking I might like to see Keychain Access disabled for good. Meaning yes, lab and public workstation users would have to enter every password they need for every website they need one fo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package upload problems

Whenever we upload a large package (~10GB+) via the web interface (we've stopped using casper admin) that is above a certain size, we have issues in the replication process between the JSS and the JDS. The upload looks to have completed successfully,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Managed Distribution - "Invalid Invitation"

Hey all, In enrolling some of our early students on their iPads, they are supposed to be receiving a VPP invite. When some iPads did not receive the invite, I went to the iPad in the JSS. Under Management, there is a failed command: "Invalid Invitati...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Hot Spot on iOS?

I'm trying to come up with a way to restrict folks from having the ability to enable hot spots on their devices. We're going to be enabling the feature on our entire fleet of iOS devices, but we'd like to be able to turn the feature on/off as necessa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Proxy Location

I am getting ready to set up the SCCM plugin and I was wondering where the proxy service can be located. More specifically, can it reside on the JSS server (serer 2012 R2) or does it require it's own dedicated server? Thanks,Jake  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors