Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reordering Preferred Wireless Networks

We're pushing out a wireless configuration profile which adds the new wireless network to the bottom of the preferred wireless network list. We're looking to get it to the top, but the networksetup command only allows us to: -addpreferredwirelessnetw...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Enrollment issue in Casper 9.22

Hi Folks, I'm very new to Jamf Casper & need your support to resolve MDM enrollment problem. I'm using Casper 9.22. I've several Mac machines where MDM enrollment status is showing "not enrolled" in JSS. While checking this problem on Internet, I fou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

WinshortCutter Pref Pane

I'm following the article for adding custom system preference panes to be able to run with the config profiles as outlines in this article - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=204. The only one I can't seem to get working is WinShort...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install at Reboot w/Jamf Help Screen

Hey all,So since the upgrade to 9 I have had nothing but imaging nightmares and wanted to see how others were approaching this issue. In the past our imaging process looked like this: Multiple smart configurations based on building and defined by stu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9 Self Service Description Field Formatting Bug

Hi everyone, I'm in the final stages of testing our 8.73 production database in a Casper 9.3 dev server. There are a few gaps post migration like no custom MCX keys being migrated or a few settings getting reset which can all be resolved with some ma...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Really Small Compiled Configurations

I am having trouble compiling configurations and was hoping may one of you has run into this and has a solution. When I compile the image it appears to go through the process correctly on the machine running Admin, but when all is said and done the c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf command to force a APNS push??

I have seen many posts about APNS and persistent connections. My security dept wont allow me to have a open door using APNS 17/8 block, but they did relay this via the proxy, which seems to be working "ok" once I enroll machines, receive push token a...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot issues (10.9.2)

I just built a new NetBoot image, using a MacBook Pro (Retina). It works fine on similar MBPs, and iMacs, but my new 13-inch MBP (non Retina), will not boot to it. I then built a new NetBoot image from the 13-inch non Retina, and the computer will no...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Apps not listed under Assignments

We bought a managed VPP app some months ago in preparation for this latest update and that app shows up in the list under VPP Assignments, but we just purchased another app today which is show finalized on the VPP site but does not appear in the list...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD users unable to log on

I'm having two issues right now that might be separate, but both result in the users not being able to log on. The first issue is the login prompt saying "Network Accounts Unavailable". This happens randomly in the one lab and also with some of the M...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 - Invalid Recovery Keys

Hi Everyone, We are having a really strange file vault issue here. We have some machines that encrypt with our config, everything looks fine then, out of the blue, the personal recovery will report as invalid and shows as invalid when I check on the ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird Inventory Page w/ Some Enrolled Systems

So here are a couple screenshots of what we are seeing when we open up the inventory of a system in the JSS...external image linkexternal image link This is all happening immediately when we open a computers inventory. All the fields show on the main...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Change the Recovery Key Help Message?

Does anyone know of a way that will let me change the Recovery Key help message from: “If you forgot your password, you can… …reset it using your Recovery Key” to some other message? My organization utilizes Casper to centrally manage individual reco...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware Fusion 6.0.2 Deployment on Mavericks

Has anyone deployed VMware Fusion 6.0.2 on a Mavericks environment? I read through the documentation provided by JAMF yet it was publish at 2009. The paths mentioned in the documentation doesn't match the current VMWare. I was successfully able to cr...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

KeepAlive Casper Imaging on NetBoot

I've been trying to solve this myself for hours and I've been receiving the same error no matter what I try. I'm trying to write a launchagent plist with keepalive to ensure that in my stripped down NetBoot environment. If someone accidentally closes...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows/Linux JSSes, check SMB performance w/Mavericks

At one client I finally began to experiment with imaging Mavericks. I built a 10.9.2 NetBoot set, but noticed that performance when imaging was terrible (as in, it took over an hour to lay down the base OS image and packages to be installed - somethi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Vpn's using Configuration Profiles

Our machines are tied to users, and I was finding deploying an unsigned config file was a tad too dirty for my liking, and for security, it's a lot easier not give out the mobile config file. I've come up with a more "self service approach" where it ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does one send 'Allow Activation Lock' command?

I have not been able to find a way to send the 'Allow Activation Lock' command to supervised devices. Supervised devices are reporting the bypass code with inventory, but Activation Lock is not enabled if these devices are restored using Recovery Mod...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Release Candidate Programs Tester
Resolved!
Posted

Set multiple monitor background policy

I'm fairly new in learning scripting but google has been a good friend at times. Anyway I have a script that works in ARD to force an image in the /Library/Desktop Images folder as the background for multiple monitors but I can't get it to work from ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Licenses and VPP

Hi,We are new to Casper. We have a One to One iPad program in our schools, and I'm wondering the best way to assign apps. I have the Apple DEP linked with Casper, etc. I am able to assign a managed license app to a user, but how would this user model...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the Name of Self Service

Hello knowledgable Casper friends, We're in the process of rolling out enrollment into the JSS but we want to do some branding on the Self Service App to make it feel more integrated into the company itself. I've managed to find a way to change the i...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

In House App Issue

Hi All, I am having a small issue since moving over to a different Casper server. Our in house applications aren't being installed as they once were. I am receiving a message stating that the application cannot be installed at this time. I have teste...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AFP Shares in Self Service

My goal is to have users open a share via Self Service and all the digging I have done on JAMFnation point to it being pretty easy but I'm running in to road blocks. I've been fighting this off and on for a couple of weeks and need to lean on the Nat...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple DEP with PreStage Enrollment

I have worked with Apple and have our DEP program setup. We have created the proper connection between Apple and our JSS and have also created the PreStage Enrollments. I have it setup also so that my devices are automatically supervised and register...  View more

• 45 replies
  • 0 kudos

User migration for VPP setup: Hangs?

I am currently attempting to migrate users on JSS 9.3 - all my users and user groups for device assignments, etc come from LDAP. The process appears to hang. I'm 15+ minutes in and I haven't seen any indicated progress. I go to the Users tab, then Mi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors