Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

admin access to install software at home with mac

I have 20 new macbook pro's that i just gave to teachers. I added the group they belong in AD to the mac in "allow administration by" They can install software when they are in our network with no issues with admin rights. As soon as they go home the...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hardware suggestions to run Casper off of

Hi All; I haven't seen a discussion about this in the forums that wasn't several years old and was wondering what suggestions there were for running casper off of. The current use case is imaging up to 10 machines at once of various makes and models ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profiles configs not showing

This is a recent development in our systems, both production & development. Both of the servers now show hidden values in a MDM profile, settings that we do not set, settings that show "not configured" when viewed at large, but when selected are clea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another MAS Question

In searching JAMF Nation I've found bits and pieces to the answer to my question, but I'd like to put the question out there to see how you're handling this. We haven't yet signed up for the new VPP and we currently don't have MAS apps available for ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA Script For Retirement Date

I am not a shell scriptor yet (just purchasing Learning the Bash), but in the meantime, does anyone have a EA with a script that adds a specified time (three years for us) to the PO date to establish a retirement date for all computers?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Server Redo

So I just wiped my SoftwareUpdate Server and redid it and now I can't seem to get 10.7 machines to connect to it properly. We use a profile to push the settings to all machines and it sets them all to http://myservername.interal:8088/index.sucatalog ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Performance Issues & Calculating Home Folder size

When enabling Home Folder collection in the JSS (Inventory Collection Preferences), it appears to run the command du -sh /Users/username. This can cause performance issues when network shares are mounted to points within the home folder, due to the o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to create a 1st run popup message?

Morning All -My objective is to create display a message when an application (Omnigraffle) is opened for the 1st time and only the 1st time. The application is being installed as part of our Coreload so I cannot rely on the native "complete message" ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CMA, CCA Certification and training

Has anyone been to these trainings? How are they? How about the test at the end to get certified? Any material out there to study? What is the test format? I am thinking about attending these soon and would like to get certified.  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

WifI Script

I am using bits and pieces of tkimpton's script https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5327 and I am wanting to do an ip address comparison. How can I take the existing computer ip address and compare it to our ip range. as an example...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

enroll ipad from apple configurator into casper

Hi i've been struggling enrolling ipad into casper from configurator. We have 3 cart full of ipad supervised and controlled by their own laptop on those cart... They will be supervised by those configurator, but for inventory and other informations p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate 9.3 scripts to another 9.3 installation

I have a departmental JSS that I need to migrate/integrate with a larger unit's JSS. I was wondering if I can use the API or perhaps a method you have found to migrate the JSS-housed scripts? Looking through the API I see that a test returns some met...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Percentage shows 0%

I am getting this on a regular basis even though the encryption either completed or just started. It just gets stuck at that percentage a good number of times but isn't consistent. Any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who Imaged What?

Anybody know of a way to tell who imaged what machine inside of the JSS? Seems like the only way would be to track it down with the change log. Wondering if anybody has found an easier way.  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Netboot Fail with MacBookPro8,x

I built a NetBoot image using OS X 10.9.2 on a MacBookPro11,1 and am serving it out with a OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Server. Whether served over NFS or HTTP, the machine fails to boot any MacBook Pro (Early 2011). It works flawlessly on every other mac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shows Application Log is "Locked"

Recently when I go into the App log, there appears a pie graph that says "Locked 13 minutes" or other times. Some go back to the middle of March. Some show as recently as yesterday. I have looked at many laptops and they are being used for many appli...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.5 Finder Sidebar Mounted Folder

I have done some reading yet haven't found a permanent solution to my issue. It seems to be a bug in OS X 10.8,Running 10.8.5 updated from 10.6.8 and users cannot save mounted servers in their sidebar favorites as they disappear on restart.So the AD ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading OSX Server from 10.8 to 10.9

We are planning to upgrade the os for the mac mini that is currently running our jss from 10.8.5 to 10.9.2. Are there any issues that have been found with running the latest version of jss on 10.9.2? Should I expect any problems if I just update to 1...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Smart Configs Not Pulling Parent Packages

Smart configurations are not pulling any parent configuration packages in Casper Imaging (at any smart config level). Both the JSS 'Configurations' web page and Casper Admin show that the parent and child relationships appear to be recognized. We hav...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync 14.0.7

I am trying to create a package for Lync 14.0.7 using composer Normal Snapshot option. However, it always capture my username(sip id) which i don't want it to capture. I want that it should include the server details required for manual configuration...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flushing a policy from command line

Is there a way to flush a policy from the command line? I'm pushing a big package out to each client and the majority it works fine. The package is a 5GB package and most get the package and everything is fine. But some I've noticed the JSS reports a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Downloads - Incomplete Package

Looking for some advice on what could be the cause of the following... I have setup our Mavericks update .pkg (produced by createOSXInstallPkg) to be cached to our Mac clients ahead of time and then have scoped a self service policy at macs that have...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trick to capture Safari update .pkg

I don't have a 10.9 SUS, and need the Safari 7.0.3 installer as a stand alone. I wanted to use Rich's trick to capture a the install package after download, but you don't get a pause option, didn't work out. http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2013/08/2...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors