Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Upgrading OSX Server from 10.8 to 10.9

We are planning to upgrade the os for the mac mini that is currently running our jss from 10.8.5 to 10.9.2. Are there any issues that have been found with running the latest version of jss on 10.9.2? Should I expect any problems if I just update to 1...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Smart Configs Not Pulling Parent Packages

Smart configurations are not pulling any parent configuration packages in Casper Imaging (at any smart config level). Both the JSS 'Configurations' web page and Casper Admin show that the parent and child relationships appear to be recognized. We hav...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync 14.0.7

I am trying to create a package for Lync 14.0.7 using composer Normal Snapshot option. However, it always capture my username(sip id) which i don't want it to capture. I want that it should include the server details required for manual configuration...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flushing a policy from command line

Is there a way to flush a policy from the command line? I'm pushing a big package out to each client and the majority it works fine. The package is a 5GB package and most get the package and everything is fine. But some I've noticed the JSS reports a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Downloads - Incomplete Package

Looking for some advice on what could be the cause of the following... I have setup our Mavericks update .pkg (produced by createOSXInstallPkg) to be cached to our Mac clients ahead of time and then have scoped a self service policy at macs that have...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trick to capture Safari update .pkg

I don't have a 10.9 SUS, and need the Safari 7.0.3 installer as a stand alone. I wanted to use Rich's trick to capture a the install package after download, but you don't get a pause option, didn't work out. http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2013/08/2...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bug? Able to access prohibited prefpanes.

I've run into a strange issue and I'd like to know if this is a bug or intentional. I've deployed a configuration profile that prohibits access to certain prefpanes such as Profile, Sharing, and App Store. When the restricted prefpanes are hidden, th...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS question

So I have noticed this lately with student laptops when I go to check on the details of their laptops. When I select a student and click on details I will scroll down the left side and when I see the Local User Accounts it says there are 76 accounts ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Collecting Company Info From AD User Accounts

Hello all, Hoping you can help me here. I need to find a way that when machines are running inventory info, the company info on the users AD account are collected. See attachment. My JSS inventory has users and info from 5 small to medium size compan...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-Enroll All Machines?

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to reenrol all the machines on the network, as to currently get the list of current users etc up to date. We have around 300 macs in our building, but with people leaving and new people joining, a lot of the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

1:1 Student Owned iPads - Email Setup

Just curious how those of you with 1:1 iPad programs, that enroll student owned devices, are setting up email for them. Specifically those of you who use GOOGLE APPS. Are you having them use Exchange with Apple Mail, or are you telling them to use th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ad authentication with OD home folder path

Hi, We are in a difficult situation. I will try to be brief. We have not yet implemented JAMF, we have a trial installation. we are currently using an purely OD environment with 10.9 servers (replicated domain) and 10.8.x clients. We need to move awa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX and Migrating to Profiles

We have about 90 MCX settings, 13 of which are active and manual so at least those need to move to profiles when we go to 9.x in the next few months. MCX has been 100% solid for us for years, and because its mostly security related settings coming do...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDK 8 and C.Admin?

Maybe it's a coincidence... but since I updated t JDK 8 and rebooted, Casper Admin no longer connects. I did the kdestroy -a like I always do when launching C.Admin, but it still only opens in Read Only /Offline Mode.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group from Running Process

Since we are able to kill a process that is restricted, can we, by extension, make a smart group from people who are running/not running a process? I want to pop up a dialog that tells the end user not to quit TeamViewer.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Site Admin advice

Does anyone know of a way or if it's possible to give a group people access to policies, but only allow them to have access to update the scope of the policy and not allow them to change anything else. I am looking at ways to give Support Staff acces...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf encryptDisk- What is the recovery key?

So, I was playing around with enabling FV2 using the JAMF binary today, and I noticed that the personal recovery key appears to be generated, but there's no obvious way to figure out what it is. After running the command, stdout echoes simply "Recove...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN & JAMF

none of our automated processes (config profile updates, patches, policies) seem come down when a user is on VPN. We can manually push processes and policies over VPN, so we know they can hit it...(not sure how to force a config profile refresh - sug...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

API account

I was thinking that "back in the day" one must have privileges to use the API but within 9.3 I don't see this explicitly pointed out. My questions are:1) Most of my API calls are GET so perhaps I would need to create a read-only account that touches ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zombie print jobs

Not sure if anyone else has come across this but I'm seeing an issue where machine will randomly start sending print jobs that had been successfully sent to the printer weeks or months ago. The jobs will continue to send regardless of how many times ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Proxy

We are running into an issue using the App Store Search within the JSS. Our searches time out because they are not able to to get out since our firewall is blocking the request. We were able to open the 17.x.x.x block for the APN to function and I fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP: API Put to location/username

I am looking for syntax help on how to PUT the within ../JSSResource/computers/id/$ID/subset/location using curl. Any ideas? I should also state that I must use BASH to accomplish this task.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors