Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Managed Licenses and VPP

Hi,We are new to Casper. We have a One to One iPad program in our schools, and I'm wondering the best way to assign apps. I have the Apple DEP linked with Casper, etc. I am able to assign a managed license app to a user, but how would this user model...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the Name of Self Service

Hello knowledgable Casper friends, We're in the process of rolling out enrollment into the JSS but we want to do some branding on the Self Service App to make it feel more integrated into the company itself. I've managed to find a way to change the i...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

In House App Issue

Hi All, I am having a small issue since moving over to a different Casper server. Our in house applications aren't being installed as they once were. I am receiving a message stating that the application cannot be installed at this time. I have teste...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AFP Shares in Self Service

My goal is to have users open a share via Self Service and all the digging I have done on JAMFnation point to it being pretty easy but I'm running in to road blocks. I've been fighting this off and on for a couple of weeks and need to lean on the Nat...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple DEP with PreStage Enrollment

I have worked with Apple and have our DEP program setup. We have created the proper connection between Apple and our JSS and have also created the PreStage Enrollments. I have it setup also so that my devices are automatically supervised and register...  View more

• 45 replies
  • 0 kudos

User migration for VPP setup: Hangs?

I am currently attempting to migrate users on JSS 9.3 - all my users and user groups for device assignments, etc come from LDAP. The process appears to hang. I'm 15+ minutes in and I haven't seen any indicated progress. I go to the Users tab, then Mi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare - Guest OS for msft SA compliance

Hey all,Recently, there has been an effort to get some stats on what msft vms we have running in office. We took a template https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?fid=167 and modified it to the point where it can count the number of...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

VMWare - Guest OS for msft SA compliance

Hey all,Recently, there has been an effort to get some stats on what msft vms we have running in office. We took a template https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?fid=167 and modified it to the point where it can count the number of...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device User Information

Hello,While looking at some of our Mobile device inventory information, we are seeing only 5-7 devices that have any User Information populated. And of those 5-7, 3 are completely wrong. Where on the device does this information get pulled from? I am...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

"VPP Accounts" icon missing

Hello,We upgraded to 9.3 today and are looking to configure our VPP information. Following the Admin Guide, I went into the "Global Management" link, but the "VPP Account" icon is not there. I have verified that the account I am logging in as to the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy caching

On Mavericks, it seems the proxy credentials are being cached across user accounts. Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas to stop this?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Home Share - Folder Creation

I have been using the following code to create a folder on a users AD assigned home share then populating an alias on the desktop for the new folder:--Set some values for reuseset theUser to do shell script "whoami" --return lower case valuesset theU...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

'User Interaction' dialog box is not centred

Not a particularly critical issue, but it's quite annoying that the 'User Interaction' dialog box is not centred when warning users of software installing during logout/login. Am I missing something silly? Thanks :) external image link  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks SUS - Duplicate Updates

I've been noticing some strange behavior with our Apple software updates recently. Many of our Macs will show multiple instances of the same update or, worse yet, want to install two updates that should not happen at the same time, such as a 10.9.2 D...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas/Ft. Worth User Group Meeting

I know it's been way too long since we last met, and with all of these other groups starting to kick up, I figured we'd better get back to meeting. Put it on your calendar, Thursday April 24th from 6:30 pm until 8 pm at Kinetic Technology Group. I wi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Time Machine via Self Service

My organization is investigating the viability of allowing users an option via Self Service, of activate Time Machine backup on their systems,using OS X Server as the backup destination. Is this possible? Specifically, is it possible to create a Self...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't install selfservice on ipad with IOS 7.1

I enrolled the iPad, everything finished ok, got message completed successfully, but this time selfservice icon didn't come up. Also checked the JSS server ipad is on the list, only error is "install profile is pending". Any suggestions are appreciat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Issue

Hi Everyone, We are having a really strange file vault issue here. We have some machines that encrypt with our config, everything looks fine then, out of the blue, the personal recovery will report as invalid and shows as invalid when I check on the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Custom User

I know this is possible, but I cannot figure out the best means of accomplishing this. I'm hoping it is possible to build out a single pkg or dmg in Composer. Here's what I'm looking to do:Deploy a custom user including pre-set password, custom setti...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile for Time Machine

I am looking to implement a Time Machine server (10.9) for a few users. The clients currently run 10.8, but will soon run 10.9. Initially, manually configuring a client to connect to the Time Machine server was fine. However, when I attempted to use ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors