Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Changing Computer name's in JSS

When changing name's in General Tab for computer it ends up going back to the old name after saving it. What's the best way to change the computer name and it actually stay's the new name ?? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Writing a Script for a Printer

Trying to deploy an HP M651dn to all of the Mac's that have Casper installed (University), but we need to have "Stored Jobs" enabled when they print so that they activate their print job from the printer. This is easily done through Windows Print Man...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Computrace Client

Hi All, Has anyone tried to update their computrace clients? I was wondering if installing over the old client should work fine. I've tested and there doesn't seem to be any problems going through that process. If anyone has any feedback that would b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow for Setting Up Windows Partitions in a Lab

Hey All, So I've seen a few discussions about using win clone pro to set up boot camp partitions but I thought I'd ask for the full details of your workflows. I may or may not set our new CAD lab up with a Mac Partition (even though they are new iMac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Management Commands

Hello, I recently enrolled a machine and had just noticed it does not show any Management Commands tab, it appears on all the other computers except this one. The reason I found it was down to testing a configuration profile and trying to scope it to...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you preform user upgrades?

Morning, So we have finally started our Mavericks Upgrades at our University. During this process we have to backup all user data before installing our new image, which currently means backing it up to a network share. I am sure there are better ways...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Child JDS replication

I'm re-architecting our Casper infrastructure to eliminate a dozen Xserve DP's. I've not gotten experience with the JDS yet. If my root JDS is in the US, and I have a child JDS in London, can the London JDS cascade DP sync to an SMB share? Or can JDS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewall Issue on Maverick (Reposted)

Hi All, I am having issue with adding applications into the exception rules in Maverick 10.9.3's and above (10.9.4)'s Application Firewall.Maverick 10.9.2 has no issue with adding applications into the exception rule. The issue is, The application wi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Dashboard slow loading

Since a few weeks when switching to the JSS Dashboard it takes a significant time for the dashboard to load. It is rather annoying if you'd like to check something fast and switch back and forth between the different JSS screens. Does this sound fami...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM+Apple Partership...

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/07/15Apple-and-IBM-Forge-Global-Partnership-to-Transform-Enterprise-Mobility.html Seems a little early to tell from there, but what kind of impact if at all may this cast towards the Casper Suite? I don't think I ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Department Hierarchy

It seems to us that utilizing departments, and sub departments is the best way to keep installations scoped correctly as people and systems get replaced. Having the ability to build a department hierarchy would let us keep all policies with "base app...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr - a GUI for AutoPkg is now available

Looks very promising, worked without issue for me so far. Has an option to include a Munki repo. Very useful for certain environments.https://github.com/lindegroup/autopkgr @rtrouton has a good writeup herehttps://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/07/15...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator can't download iOS 7.1.2

we are getting the following error while supervising the iPad on Apple Configurator. Could not move file:///Users/kak/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.configurator/Downloads/iPad2,1_7.1.2_11D257_Restore/ into fi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change number of directory bind attempts?

In a unique situation we are dealing with, our AD bind attempts are not executing fast or reliably. With the default of 5 attempts, it's taking ~10 minutes per failed attempt and with 5 attempts, it's running up against the next policy trigger (30 mi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset Management Account Password Remotely

Hello all, Thanks in advance for any help with this issue. A user with administrator rights changed our local management account password on a Macbook Air. I have it straightened out by using that user's account to reset the management account passwo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Policy banner in mavericks

Hi... we had policy banner with old mac os version 10.7 and 10.8... now im trying to do the same thing with mavericks... tried different things seems to be different.... first of all... the policy banner appears regularly at specific time delay.... e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using 802.1x EAP-TLS user certificates with Casper

Good Morning, all. I tried to thoroughly read all of the threads regarding PKI, but I am having a hard time dredging up an answer.Our enterprise wireless access points use user certificates generated from a Microsoft Certificate Services portal to co...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target Disk Mode with Custom Options

Is there a way to do batch target disk mode in Casper Imaging, but also put in custom settings, like under the advanced tab? We populate the ARD text field 1 with our district asset tag ID number for each computer, but we do not know how to image a b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.3 NetInstall problem

Seen an issue on our NetInstall server. When I netboot with option or N key it doesn't show the available images.If I check startup disk's they show. If I select on it reboots but fails to connects and just boot regular. If I turn netinstall off and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cloud Distribution, Network Segments and balancing

As I understand it, Network Segments don't respect subnets and only look at a system's reported local IP to determine if it should run a specific policy or pull from a specific DP. I've had problems if a user is at a location with an overlapping IP r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

K-12 MacBook Air Program

We are rolling out a pilot one-to-one program with MacBook Airs in our school district. I just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had any management tips, best practices, or pitfalls to watch for? As the new school year creeps closer, I find m...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Home not from AD

Hello, Currently I am testing Mobile Accounts for AD users logging into Mac (10.9.4). The purpose is to sync their data to a network share. My understanding is that the Home folder must be set in Active Directory for this sync to work, as the OS uses...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Apple Configurator error

We are receiving an error trying to set up new iPads that have been activated with DEP. When running Configurator the error message is"unable check iOS" or "unable to activate". A conversation with Apple Support tells us we must use either DEP or Con...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS certificate on outlook.com?

Hi, Thanks for reading. We deployed a JSS server, in addition with network homefolders in a company. We setup several configuration profiles for homefolder sync, network mounts, etc. Clients use Microsoft Office (2011) Outlook for Mac to read their e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

Device Ownership Type for OS X in JSS

It would be great if Casper could help us manage and enrol different ownership types. Ownership Type becomes a static field or group that is updated as machines enrol. Enrolment example:- Enrol device- Choose ownership type (Institutional, Personal, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors